Any interest in Game Auto-Alerts?

Started by Led, July 01, 2018, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That is a beautiful solution!
If it's scanning the battlefront process then I think what is handling is an individual dedicated server, correct?

Right now I'm aiming at the master server to achieve handing any public server (those that announce to the master server list).

There is also a luxury that the current master server implemented is open source, so events could be generated directly in theory

In the future I think something that can optionally dial into a process such as your bot could be very fascinating, linking the two together

Perhaps something like:
Get events and server lists from master server
Check port XYZ on dedicated server IP
 if responds ask it to forward events as if it's a dedicated server bot

I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll reply back when I have some basic master server interop

Quote from: RepComm on August 29, 2023, 06:40:09 AMIf it's scanning the battlefront process then I think what is handling is an individual dedicated server, correct?

Correct

Quote from: RepComm on August 29, 2023, 06:40:09 AMThere is also a luxury that the current master server implemented is open source, so events could be generated directly in theory

Could somebody pass me a link to the code?
Cheers!

Quote from: RepComm on August 29, 2023, 06:40:09 AMPerhaps something like:
Get events and server lists from master server
Check port XYZ on dedicated server IP
 if responds ask it to forward events as if it's a dedicated server bot
Sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of fun ;)

https://discord.gg/DbXC73XY4 That's the discord link in case anyone wants to see it..
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: RepComm on August 29, 2023, 09:39:02 AMhttps://github.com/derkalle4/gamespy-masterserver

This might be off topic but is this the actual master server used for swbfspy?
I am a bit surprised that it is running on VB  :o

A reimplementation of the MS, yes. I'm learning how to compile it and configure as well. I intend to containerize the build process and runtime to make it simple to work with.