How do you add vehicles?

Started by Breakdown, February 13, 2009, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah.

This was one of the only things I never learned while modding.

Can somebody give me a step by step instruction how to add vehicles to a map? It'd be great help. Thanks

(By the way, before posting this, i treid many times but the vvehicles never show up/I sometimes have some scriptmunge error)

Look in BFBuilder\Data_ModID\Common\ODFS

For, com_item_vehicle_spawn.odf

Browse for it in Zeroeditor, the place it as a normal prop object and fill in all the fields with the vehicle odf and such, pretty self explainitory after you place the spawn.

I'm not sure of the exact instructions but the most likely thing that you're doing wrong is adding the .odf of the vehicle itself instead of a com_item_vehicle_spawn.odf

I believe these are the instructions on how to do it:

1. HAVE THE VEHICLE INCLUDED IN THE REQ FILES (duh)
2. Create a com_item_vehicle_spawn object (located in Data****/Common/ODF with **** as the map name)
3. Position and orient the spawn object (It will be an arrow and the arrow should point the direction you want the vehicle facing)
4. Variables: Requires a list of it's own
  • ControlZone: CP the spawn point is associated with (used by the class selectors)
  • SpawnTime: Time after the destruction of the object spawned that it creates a new one
  • Class***ATK: What vehicle is to be spawned when the team *** has the CP (most likely can't be used when it is CISATK and there is a RepDEF set as well)(must be the name of the vehicle as it appears in the REQ files)
  • Class***DEF: What vehicle is to be spawned when team *** DOESN'T have the CP (probably same rules as the ATK counterpart)
  • Anything else: I'm not sure of the meaning
5. Make sure the vehicle is listed in the SetMemoryPoolSize commands in the LUA scripts ("EntityHover" for a hovering ship including the troop ships on Geonosis, "EntityFlyer" for things like X-Wings, AddWalkerType functions for vehicles with legs, look at the Mission LUA samples under Assets for the rest of the MemoryPool commands)

On the spawn point class variables, when the CP it is associated with falls under the control of the other team any vehicles that have not been activated (entered) will self-destruct and the ones for the new team will spawn if they are set

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"