SWBF2 Multiplayer Returns on Steam!

Started by Norwood, October 02, 2017, 10:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 03, 2017, 12:03:09 PM #30 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:07:28 PM by Jean
Quote from: Norwood on October 03, 2017, 11:48:07 AM
If Disney was honestly trying to restore multiplayer to the game, they better get on top of fixing it. People are turning sour about all of the issues real quick...

Agreed. I don't know why they didn't just release a working product. Now we have to deal with a barely functional game with people complaining about issues that likely won't exist in a few weeks. Such is life.

I also fail to find any reason why the modding community is trying to fix 1.3 when GoG will likely do another update that will kill all progress in that area. Wait for the base game to work properly, and then work on the mods for it.

Quote from: Jean on October 03, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
Agreed. I don't know why they didn't just release a working product. Now we have to deal with a barely functional game with people complaining about issues that likely won't exist in a few weeks. Such is life.

An interesting, and possible important note that I forgot about, (I'm sure Led and Anyder are aware of this.) but this is actually GOG, not Disney. Disney gave GOG their blessing of course, but the multiplayer is actually from GOG.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Norwood on October 03, 2017, 12:07:34 PM
An interesting, and possible important note that I forgot about, (I'm sure Led and Anyder are aware of this.) but this is actually GOG, not Disney. Disney gave GOG their blessing of course, but the multiplayer is actually from GOG.

After going through over 250+ Steam comments on the forums I'm fully aware xD

Quote from: Jean on October 03, 2017, 12:09:04 PM
After going through over 250+ Steam comments on the forums I'm fully aware xD
Yeah, I saw your edit after I posted.  :shrug:
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I know it's not perfect with the lack of dedicated servers and all, but as someone who started playing SWBF2 after it started losing a little population it is insane to see a full list of servers with many people playing. definitely playing some swbf2 tomorrow (even if the actual multiplayer meta is less balanced than in SWBF1  :whistle:)
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

October 04, 2017, 09:15:14 AM #35 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:27:06 AM by Raigiku
How can I host a server? Do I need to port forward?

Quote from: Raigiku on October 04, 2017, 09:15:14 AM
How can I host a server? Do I need to port forward?

No need to port forward with the new system.  It is kind of like a built in GameRanger.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Has anyone managed to get a decent game yet? I've joined twice out of 20 attempts of which one crashed and the other was a half hour game I didn't have time to play.

Despite that I'm glad there's an effort to bring old games back, cd projekt red remain my favourite developer.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 07, 2017, 03:32:07 PM
Has anyone managed to get a decent game yet? I've joined twice out of 20 attempts of which one crashed and the other was a half hour game I didn't have time to play.

I've managed to join a few games all hosted in Australia which have had over 15+ players them at one time. However, there is incredible lag for everyone in the game apart from the host which I never experienced on the old servers. I'm not sure if this is because they aren't dedicated. Also, I constantly need to restart the game when changing servers as the system seems to bug out and show no servers are available.

Other than that, it is nice to see players in the game once again! I hope they can rollout some bug fixes soon.

I can't even get into a SWBF2 server currently. It just hangs on busy, and when I cancel I usually have to refresh: and at that point is when all the servers turn up missing. So... Yeah. This needs to be fixed.

Quote from: shadow3901 on October 08, 2017, 10:45:36 AM
I can't even get into a SWBF2 server currently. It just hangs on busy, and when I cancel I usually have to refresh: and at that point is when all the servers turn up missing. So... Yeah. This needs to be fixed.
Not like we can do much about it, else than waiting  ;)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on October 08, 2017, 11:05:28 AM
Not like we can do much about it, else than waiting  ;)

Well, he can join us on SWBFspy.  It works as good as Gamespy ever did  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Just found this on Gametoast:

Quote from: Commander4726Update on Multiplayer: GoG are in the final testing phase for a patch regarding multiplayer stability. The community team will be helping them test this patch, and we may possible have to pull more community members into a server at some point just to test it properly. Additionally they are also working on dedicated server support for their SDK server, which will enable dedi support for SWBF2, AND we should be getting the source code for the exe at some point soon which is excellent.

So good news for the most part, but the last statement is the most intriguing thing of all!

If we can get that, I would ask psych0fred if it's possible for us to get the SWBF1 source code too. If we have that, we can combine the best bits of both - I know I'd like to have the sixth unit, class changes at command posts and updated model memories in the first game for certain!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

SOURCE CODE ????!!!!

HECK!  Holy crap I'm so hyped now..
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

Bear in mind that this is unconfirmed, but if it is true, it gives thoughts about creating a DLL with new features and 'injecting' it into the first game a much more likely outcome.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base