Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company Novel

Started by Unit 33, August 29, 2015, 06:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm sure the last thing we ever expected was an official canon novel based on SWBF, and yet here is the artwork:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-battlefront-twilight-company-novel-coming-in-november

Not sure if I'd actually buy that, but I might. :P

Then again, not uncommon for gaming franchises to spawn their own novels. Halo, WoW, Warhammer, Mass Effect, even Need For Speed had a novel written by the original story writer for Underground and Carbon.

Though I am still a tad skeptic over how the novel would pan out, so I might wait for critics to review it before I read it.

(Off Topic: If you want that NFS novel, good luck. When the author published it, EA almost took the book off the shelves due to some disputes between the writer and the franchise's namesake being used. Plus, the book's website is completely written in Polish, which leads me to believe the novel is written in Polish as well, considering the very localized publication of the book.)

After reading the Tear Jerker Sim 2K15, otherwise known as New Bloods. This looks like a nice change of pace and I can relive the good old days of checking out Jedi Apprentice from the Elementary School library.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from the book:

"Hey Rebel Commander--I can't believe that put the AT-ATs on actual rails!"

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It might be good, the Republic commando books are amongst my favourite ones. Since there's no proper single player I can't see it relating to the game much though.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Led on August 29, 2015, 08:13:05 AM
Quote from the book:

Seriously? The 4th Wall got hit in such a bad spot that I'm probably not gonna read that now if you're being serious.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Led on August 29, 2015, 08:13:05 AM
Quote from the book:

*not an actual quote

(the book is not released yet, just making fun of DICE)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet