Who's going to buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 22, 2015, 05:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Already Pre-ordered it!
Yea
Meh
Nah
Never!
Battlefront is basically a Star Wars version of Battlefield 1942 from my understanding, I think that was deliberate by the developers. A lot of this is because they were made around the same time but obviously the developers saw a system that worked and took the best bits.

Similarities include; The name ;), capturing command posts to spawn, choice of 5 units which are the same on all teams, ability to drive vehicles in battle and the use of reinforcements which drop faster according to how many CPs you have.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 23, 2015, 01:47:18 PM
Battlefront is basically a Star Wars version of Battlefield 1942 from my understanding, I think that was deliberate by the developers. A lot of this is because they were made around the same time but obviously the developers saw a system that worked and took the best bits.

Similarities include; The name ;), capturing command posts to spawn, choice of 5 units which are the same on all teams, ability to drive vehicles in battle and the use of reinforcements which drop faster according to how many CPs you have.
Ah I see where you're all getting at now.  :tu: Thanks for that!  :D
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 23, 2015, 07:34:30 PM #32 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:41:49 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PM
The thing is though, without the Space Battles, variety of planets and Clone Wars, it doesn't feel quite like Star Wars.
What feels like Star Wars is subjective. To me this game feels more than enough like Star Wars. Also, SWBF1 only has 4 more maps than EA SWBF and no space battles. No one complained.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PMAlso, you're forgetting that this may be good but EA are going to rob you no matter what happens. It's going to be pay to win which is going to bring a lot of haters upon them... not that they don't have millions already.
That doesn't bother me as much as some people. It's just how all games are these days. EA is not the only company to practice this. *cough cough*Activision*cough cough* The DLC probably aren't THAT expensive (heck, the first one is free) and they may include some of the features you mentioned above, or at least give us more map variety.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PMBut with the rest, yes, it may be solid. It seems like they've spent more than a year in development than they do in their other games so that's a pro. The visuals make it even better. So I may consider buying it...
That's my thinking.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PMor find other ways of getting it.
I hope you don't mean what that may imply.  :P

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PMHowever what I really don't get is where you are getting this "Battlefront is just like Battlefield" thing  :confused:
I've played all of the Battlefields since Battlefield 2 and all of the Battlefronts and Star Wars Battlefront feels NOTHING like battlefield. It's focused more on 3rd person than 1st person. Gameplay is no where near accurate. Maybe you're getting it from the fact that it's got Conquest like Battlefield? Either way, I see absolutely no relation between Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield.
Let's see:

• Both are multiplayer shooters where the players play as military foot-soldiers.
  • Both originally had classes but later adopted character customization.
  • Both have conquest.
  • Both have useable vehicles.
  • Both have Capture the Flag.
  • Pandemic and DICE are both subsidiaries of EA. (though the former closed in 2009)
  • Both have DLC.
Though in truth, these points could be applied to a ton of different First/Third-person shooters. I mean, if you remove the lightsabers and add command posts, is Jedi Knight's multiplayer REALLY that different from SWBF? Gameplay-wise, shooters are all pretty much the same game, with just some minor differences.

Disclaimer: I have not played any of the Battlefield games. I've just researched them.

Battlefront 3 does not feel like battlefield at all. They did very good at having a star wars atmosphere to it with the sounds and visuals. It feels like its own game.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 23, 2015, 07:34:30 PM
What feels like Star Wars is subjective. To me this game feels more than enough like Star Wars. Also, SWBF1 only has 4 more maps than EA SWBF and no space battles. No one complained.
That doesn't bother me as much as some people. It's just how all games are these days. EA is not the only company to practice this. *cough cough*Activision*cough cough* The DLC probably aren't THAT expensive (heck, the first one is free) and they may include some of the features you mentioned above, or at least give us more map variety.
That's my thinking.
I hope you don't mean what that may imply.  :P
Let's see:

• Both are multiplayer shooters where the players play as military foot-soldiers.
  • Both originally had classes but later adopted character customization.
  • Both have conquest.
  • Both have useable vehicles.
  • Both have Capture the Flag.
  • Pandemic and DICE are both subsidiaries of EA. (though the former closed in 2009)
  • Both have DLC.
Though in truth, these points could be applied to a ton of different First/Third-person shooters. I mean, if you remove the lightsabers and add command posts, is Jedi Knight's multiplayer REALLY that different from SWBF? Gameplay-wise, shooters are all pretty much the same game, with just some minor differences.

Disclaimer: I have not played any of the Battlefield games. I've just researched them.

You make a fair point.

It's just how all games are these days.

Not all games are that overpriced. And not all games are pay to win either. It's just companies who decide they'll go ahead and make the same game as the last game they made/published like EA and Activision. Or companies who are starting off and decide to go full out and copy Activision's Call Of Duty and make the exact same  :censored: mistakes.

• Both have DLC.

Both have DLC? I'm sure you mean, in Star Wars Battlefront's cases, the patches? Because I don't remember there being any other official DLC for Star Wars Battlefront other than LucasArt's patches.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 24, 2015, 05:46:30 PM #35 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:01:12 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 24, 2015, 04:56:32 PM
Not all games are that overpriced. And not all games are pay to win either. It's just companies who decide they'll go ahead and make the same game as the last game they made/published like EA and Activision. Or companies who are starting off and decide to go full out and copy Activision's Call Of Duty and make the exact same  :censored: mistakes.
Well, most games anyway. Forgive my previous wording. However, to my knowledge, the only games that aren't like that are from indie developers (i.e. Minecraft) or are simple browser games. Even many of the flash games on Facebook are pay-to-win these days.

Honestly though, I don't like using the above term, because in my experience (see what I did there?) the "premium" stuff is never that much better than the normal stuff, and is not necessary to win. Ultimately, it still just boils down to the skill of the player. Trust me, I've played (and STILL play) SWTOR, which is often used as an example of those practices.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 24, 2015, 04:56:32 PM
Both have DLC? I'm sure you mean, in Star Wars Battlefront's cases, the patches? Because I don't remember there being any other official DLC for Star Wars Battlefront other than LucasArt's patches.
The 1.2 patch for SWBF1 on PC included a Jabba's Palace map in addition to the multiplayer tweaks. SWBF2 had an Xbox-exclusive DLC which added Bespin: Cloud City and Yavin 4: Arena, with Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventress as additional heroes.

I'll buy Star Wars: Battlefront. However, I will never buy Star Wars: Battlefront 3, because that game will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER be released.  :P

(People seem to forget this is not SWBF3, even if it is the third console title with that name.)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 24, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
The 1.2 patch for SWBF1 on PC included a Jabba's Palace map in addition to the multiplayer tweaks. SWBF2 had an Xbox-exclusive DLC which added Bespin: Cloud City and Yavin 4: Arena, with Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventress as additional heroes.

Oh that's what the patch did! I sort of wondered, when I switched from PlayStation 2 Star Wars Battlefront to PC Star Wars Battlefront, why PC had, what looked like at the time, an exclusive Jabba's Palace. Although for me, even since the PlayStation 2 disk which I got in 2005, I've ALWAYS has Bespin: Cloud City and Yavin 4: Arena so I guess that's why I would've assumed there wasn't DLC for Star Wars Battlefront.

However, I have never seen Kit Fisto or Asajj Ventress as heroes in Star Wars Battlefront, even on PC. Unless them heroes are genuinely exclusive only for Xbox 360? Because I've never seen them.

PS: The reason I may not have noticed some of these until later on was because I switched from the PlayStation 2 version of the game to the PC version was later on in 2009.

Cloud City and Arena are shipped maps in SWBF1, but not in SWBF2. The second DLC I mentioned is for SWBF2, not SWBF1. And yes, it is Xbox only.  (Though modding has corrected that: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23377) Also, all re-releases of SWBF1 (i.e Fan Favorites 1) come with the v1.2 patch already installed.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 25, 2015, 09:10:50 AM
Cloud City and Arena are shipped maps in SWBF1, but not in SWBF2. The second DLC I mentioned is for SWBF2, not SWBF1. And yes, it is Xbox only.  (Though modding has corrected that: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23377) Also, all re-releases of SWBF1 (i.e Fan Favorites 1) come with the v1.2 patch already installed.
Ah sorry. I didn't notice you was talking about SWBF2 when you mentioned Xbox 360 exclusives. My bad  ;)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 26, 2015, 04:31:33 PM
Original Xbox, not 360.
It's on Xbox 360 too though isn't it? Oh... wait... I just remembered the fact that you can play the Original Xbox's games on the 360. Sorry  ;)