Who's going to buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 22, 2015, 05:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Already Pre-ordered it!
Yea
Meh
Nah
Never!
Ok so I want to see how this works out. I personally hate the look of the new Star Wars Battlefront 3.
Now before you go hatin', it looks NOTHING like the Star Wars Battlefronts made by Lucas Arts, and I don't just mean by visuals.
Yes, the visuals are much more nicer but to me it just looks like another Battlefield game. It doesn't have Space battles either which is why Star Wars Battlefront 2 became the successor of the original Battlefront game. Not only that, I do believe it's going to be an 'Online Only' game. And to place the final turd, it's going to be pay to win. For a fact. Everyone hates pay to win games, especially if they're made by EA. The new Battlefront already costs too much and they're already bringing in exclusives to people who pre-order it.
I believe EA/DICE were exactly the wrong people to take on the making of the new Battlefront.
Let me know what you guys think!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 22, 2015, 05:24:02 AM #1 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:25:50 AM by Encorn5
I think we should make our own transparent battlefront game. Like using the existing assets and stuff already made but put together differently.
I will stick to swbf1 and swbf2(space battles only) as I have always had.

Quote from: Encorn5 on July 22, 2015, 05:24:02 AM
I think we should make our own transparent battlefront game. Like using the existing assets and stuff already made but put together differently.
I will stick to swbf1 and swbf2(space battles only) as I have always had.
That would be pretty cool to be fair. A fan made Battlefront would be good to see. I'd laugh if it got more praise than EA's new Battlefront  :tu:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Good luck haha! But seriously, I like the new visuals of the game, yeah I guess they are battlefield like and what not, but that's EA's publishing style. The visuals are actually real life footage, eg the x wings are from real life and scanned in. Yavin is a real jungle. I think it's unique and stuff.

I'm more worried about the DLC and multiplayer teamwork aspect. I don't want a game where everyone solos their own multiplayer experience in the hope you win. And DLC is going to be exxxxxppppeeeensive

Overall it will be a success but won't be great...

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Quote from: BOB.LION on July 22, 2015, 05:29:23 AM
Good luck haha! But seriously, I like the new visuals of the game, yeah I guess they are battlefield like and what not, but that's EA's publishing style. The visuals are actually real life footage, eg the x wings are from real life and scanned in. Yavin is a real jungle. I think it's unique and stuff.

I'm more worried about the DLC and multiplayer teamwork aspect. I don't want a game where everyone solos their own multiplayer experience in the hope you win. And DLC is going to be exxxxxppppeeeensive

Overall it will be a success but won't be great...
Yeah, I agree. The visuals are definitely an excellent improvement for sure!

I think it is human nature to like what you initially started playing.

There are people here that prefer the 1.0 version of the original SWBF to all other versions.

Many here prefer the original SWBF (1.2 version) to SWBF2.

So, no doubt, many will prefer SWBF2 to the EA SWBF reboot.

One thing is certain though--only one of those games will have tons of players again, and that is what I miss the most.  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on July 22, 2015, 05:44:43 AM
I think it is human nature to like what you initially started playing.

There are people here that prefer the 1.0 version of the original SWBF to all other versions.

So, no doubt, many will prefer SWBF2 to the EA SWBF reboot.

One thing is certain though--only one of those games will have tons of players again, and that is what I miss the most.  ;)

Spot on LED, it's a generational thing I guess. Maybe we are just old? Ahah

We should at least give EA a chance to prove themselves. Maybe they wont make a sucky game and maybe we will consider it the definitive swbf. I just hope it isn't a Battlefield 3 game with a star wars skin. But i know we all won't forget the classics. I myself will be purchasing swbf3 on xbox one, so i won't have the luxury of nice players and teamwork in game.

Quote from: Nightwing02 on July 22, 2015, 06:05:10 AM
We should at least give EA a chance to prove themselves. Maybe they wont make a sucky game and maybe we will consider it the definitive swbf. I just hope it isn't a Battlefield 3 game with a star wars skin. But i know we all won't forget the classics. I myself will be purchasing swbf3 on xbox one, so i won't have the luxury of nice players and teamwork in game.

Play on PC!!!

Quote from: BOB.LION on July 22, 2015, 06:41:21 AM
Play on PC!!!
I agree. I wouldn't want some 5 year old whining in every lobby, while saying he'll molest my mum, while I try to figure out how to mute people.  ;)

Hoping I get that and the new Need For Speed, but my odds of getting a new rig before the PC launch will be running slim no doubt.

In any case, my intent is to pre-order that, the full $90 ahead. Need For Speed remains unseen as to a "Deluxe Edition". :P

Quote from: Led on July 22, 2015, 05:44:43 AM

What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.2?

Quote from: Intalleyvision on July 22, 2015, 07:06:45 AM
What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.2?
1.0 didn't have the 3rd and 5th classes (no pilots or jets/droideka/wookiee).

I was lucky enough to play the Alpha version of SWBF Reboot, and it is no where near the same game as the original SWBF games. Yet it is so much fun, and amazing in it's own respect. In my opinion this game is better than the originals. From destructible environments to the crisp look of the map, they have really outdone themselves for this game. Gameplay is escellent and the missions/story-line is also very interesting and fun to play. I pre-ordered the game already awhile back, i am looking forward to the release!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Swbf2 was nothing like Swbf1. If Lucas Arts was not on the box cover of Swbf2, I may have never knew they were published by the same company. Dice makes incredible games with high quality, great effort, and no mod support for multiplayer to keep the playing field leveled - they are the perfect company to make the new battlefront.

I have bought several games and played them only a few days each because the community was just terrible. Because I will need to buy a new pc to play the new battlefront, I am going to wait a month or two and hover around reddit for online reviews. I hope its good though.

Helios, just curious, can you pick up guns of dead players? I sure hope so, maybe it will make the "pay-to-win" thing more accepting to another player who can pick up a snow skinned gun and drop their black one. who knows.