SWBF EA Gameplay!

Started by Unit 33, June 15, 2015, 02:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 15, 2015, 02:24:25 PM Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:37:06 PM by Unit 33
Too hyped to embed properly.

[Edit] Embedded!

https://www.youtube.com/v/jXU5k4U8x20?hl=en_US&version=3

I take back everything bad I've ever said about EA or DICE.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

They need to protect those shield generators...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Looking good, seems like the gameplay will be pretty varied. Hopefully the graphics are that good at release.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.. (That was not the hoth luke skin though.. :P)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 15, 2015, 03:15:27 PM #6 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:22:38 PM by Gistech
So, I'm just going to quote what I put on the YouTube video here:

QuoteWould everybody below be screaming "BATTLEFIELD CLONE! BATTLEFIELD WITH SPACE SKIN!" if it weren't DICE doing the game? Newsflash: SWBF has ALWAYS been a Battlefield clone. The only difference is that SWBF has not advanced at all because there has not been a game in ten years. Do you think LucasArts' own SWBFIII (not Free Radical's) would have been much different? From the looks of it, LASWBFIII would have been seen as a COD clone.

As somebody who knows the first game well enough (I'm the guy working on the SWBF Expanded mod) I think they captured the essence of the first game very well, with extras that point to influence from other games in the series, including the handhelds.The only concern for me is the lack of SP options. But let's face it... not many people will be playing that.

I love it. I think it's been very faithful while updating the gameplay. I love how they've handled the third person, and although the HUD leaves a little to be desired, the minimap is just like the original game's mini map. I'm a little disappointed that you don't seem able to go into FPS in the AT-AT, but it's cool to have those in the air with the ships, and I like the SWBFII-styled way you control them. Remember also we're only seeing a single mode here as well: Walker Assault.  We'll be seeing Co-Op soon as well, so we'll get to see what exactly those 'missions' are all about.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Today was the first time I have ever watched a game reveal live, and I have to say it was totally worth it! :o This game looks like one of the most amazing things that has happened to Star Wars since the release of the first Battlefront. :tu:
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Already pre-ordered, glad i did :D
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on June 15, 2015, 03:57:39 PM
Already pre-ordered, glad i did :D

I believe I pre-ordered.  I actually went to paypal and hit cancel, but then I got a confirmation email anyway...

Did you pre-order through Origin? Have they charged you yet?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I can only imagine how much faster and intense game play will be when it is released to players.

It looks pretty amazing!!! The first person cockpit view gave me chills/goosebumps. I think I may be more excited for Fallout 4 though.

Okay...I think I'm nearly sold. I just need a bit more information before I pre-order (and a desktop that could actually handle it).

Looks like I may be getting EABF after all.

More gameplay footage, this time on Tatooine in CO-OP survival mode:
https://www.youtube.com/v/lg_ht2GfQJU?hl=en_US&version=3

I think it's also awesome.