Summer 2015.

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 01, 2013, 10:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
There's a long wait if this stories' accurate. http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/01/star-wars-battlefront-due-summer-2015-3907565/

It makes sense as a date.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

That will give them time to kill of SWBF2 before the release date  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on August 01, 2013, 10:28:22 AM
You cynic ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

We had better get playing then!  :ohmy: I haven't given much thought to SWBF2 being shutdown, they will be much worse off because I don't think they have a "base" site like this one.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on August 01, 2013, 11:52:31 AM
We had better get playing then!  :ohmy: I haven't given much thought to SWBF2 being shutdown, they will be much worse off because I don't think they have a "base" site like this one.
they have gametoast

Quote from: (212)Josh on August 01, 2013, 11:59:53 AM
they are probably releasing it near the release of the 7th star wars episode.

Which is likely to keep to tradition and be a May release date. Oddly enough, this would be exactly ten years since the release of Episode III, and more importantly, Star Wars: Battlefront II  :o
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I don't think so. It's on steam and every day there are full servers. Plus that's not the best way to get people hyped for a new game.

Random guy: I think I'll check out SWBFII since they are making a new game that's coming out in 2015. Oh they have it on steam! Great! But online doesn't work? Well I guess I won't check out the game since that is what everyone plays anyway...

See?

I think summer 2015 is a good release date since it gives them time to make a game like no other. (yea my expectations are extremely high!)

I think if SWBFII servers got shutdown the communities would have no problem creating a patch that allowed people to play online again. Just look at things like the Unofficial 1.3 patch and the Conversion Pack! Over 100,000 downloads. I think Gametoast would be able to come up with something great if server purge happened to SWBFII.  :D

makes perfect sense. that's not a long wait at all for modern video games. thats actually fairly short. there's a reason why call of duty is as innovative as it could be (my observation atleast). they only have two years to make a game. they don't have alot of time time to be innovative.
this is just one example, if you dont like it because i bashing cod, i have plenty more examples

....no Old Republic? I think it would be sick to fight on Korriban and have a few native terentatek wander around the map, like those Acklay (Acklie?) do on Felucia.

Quote from: Roxas on August 01, 2013, 03:22:40 PM
....no Old Republic? I think it would be sick to fight on Korriban and have a few native terentatek wander around the map, like those Acklay (Acklie?) do on Felucia.
well if the include kotor era they also should include a Rakata Prime map.

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
well if the include kotor era they also should include a Rakata Prime map.
I think the Conversion Pack 2.0/2.2 has a Rakata Prime map...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 01, 2013, 03:30:28 PM
I think the Conversion Pack 2.0/2.2 has a Rakata Prime map...
I'm talking about adding that map to the new EA swbf, conversion packs do not yet exist for this game.

Well I meant I think the SWBFII convo pack mod 2.0/2.2 has a Rakata Prime map.

In terms of Battlefront, when people say convo pack they generally mean the huge Gametoast mod released in '08.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 01, 2013, 03:32:55 PM
Well I meant I think the SWBFII convo pack mod 2.0/2.2 has a Rakata Prime map.
That sounds nice, do you have any screens of the map? I would like to see this map in BF1 too if at all possible. Rakata Prime is amazing.