Battlefront II Map Conversion tutorial.

Started by ggctuk, September 28, 2009, 02:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 28, 2009, 02:41:45 PM Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:59:39 PM by ggctuk
Removed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Hmm... I vote for this to be stickied. It's very useful, maybe I could try this out myself.

#TYBG

Another thing I've noticed: there is one SWBF2 ODF that crashes ZE always. I believe it is tan4_bldg_corridor_02_c. To fix, open up the .wld file (or lyr, usually wld in the swbf2 usage) and delete any objects with the name in it.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

September 29, 2009, 07:39:33 AM #3 Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:43:16 AM by Napseeker
Very good tips, ggctuk.  Now I wonder if we could convince some BF2 mappers to offer some sources to their maps and facilitate conversion back to BF1... that would really open up things to BF1 gamers.

I've just added some stuff on collision fixing to that since they're related to the problems some maps have.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Radical_Pi on September 28, 2009, 09:05:36 PM
Another thing I've noticed: there is one SWBF2 ODF that crashes ZE always. I believe it is tan4_bldg_corridor_02_c. To fix, open up the .wld file (or lyr, usually wld in the swbf2 usage) and delete any objects with the name in it.

I don't think this is the ODF, as it's setup exactly the same as a normal ODF. I think it might have something to do with the model itself, its properties or suchlike.
In Progress:

On Hold:

May 02, 2016, 03:37:27 PM #6 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:41:09 PM by Ultimo
Requesting a new tutorial, please! I've been searching and I finally thought I found the right thread, but instead ggctuk removed the info.

Update: I think I found the working tutorial now. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4147
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Any idea what's going on here? I seem to be unable to texture these 'holes' (which aren't really holes as such, just black spaces) in my converted terrain. I'm going with the SWBF2 terrain for my Hoth map for Legacy because it gives a couple of extra command posts at the rear of the map and would be easier to put in vehicles for the Clone Wars.

In Progress:

On Hold: