[Help!] How do I raise maximum world height?

Started by (GRC)38(ADM), August 16, 2012, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi there. I have bfbuilder and am making a mod with a really tall hill.  the problem is I cant find out how to raise the maximum height, because when i get to half of the desired height, it wont let me go anymore. i would like it to be at least as tall as those buildings on cloud city. please help!

The limit is 255 due to the fact the format I would say uses one byte values for the height map. Which can only represent a total of 255(Including 0).  Of course you could model a hill in XSI to get around this.

August 22, 2012, 11:28:02 AM #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:49:50 AM by (GRC)38(ADM)
I'm sorry, I just started modding, and therefore couldn't understand a thing you just said XD, please, can someone dumb that down for me?

August 22, 2012, 03:19:51 PM #3 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:53:33 AM by RepublicCommando
Hi 38^^ (its Crusader)
Even I didn't get what -HE- said this time o.O
But I'm not exactly sure what your problem is either.. If this was a bit more clear, I might be able to help.

SK is saying that zero editor seems to have a limit of 255, but maybe you can get around it some other way.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: RepublicCommando on August 22, 2012, 03:19:51 PM
Hi 38^^ (its Crusader)
Even I didn't get what she said this time o.O
But I'm not exactly sure what your problem is either.. If this was a bit more clear, I might be able to help.
I'm a dude man. (Strange that I have girl as my avatar? No of course not :P)

Actualy, you may rise terrain twice higher: 255 foreground, and -255 background for bottom.
But you may found some bugs in this case: tarrain in zeroeditor may hase some hight difference, with terrain in the game, and it is will be hard to accurate edit it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on August 23, 2012, 01:36:41 AM
Actualy, you may rise terrain twice higher: 255 foreground, and -255 background for bottom.
But you may found some bugs in this case: tarrain in zeroeditor may hase some hight difference, with terrain in the game, and it is will be hard to accurate edit it.
Ah yeah forgot about that  :slap:

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 22, 2012, 06:53:29 PM
I'm a dude man. (Strange that I have girl as my avatar? No of course not :P)
No not strang at all.   (mental: WTheck?!)

So if i modded an existing shipped map, I could attain the height that I originally wanted?

Probably yes, but if you talking about recreating some stock map, you will need to lift down all props, in to the bottom.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: