HELP needed: How to get locals faction to have names

Started by Led, March 22, 2011, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

I have added a local faction to cloud city.

But will I kill them, it says

PLA Led Killed [NULL]

What is needed to give them names?

Here is a video

http://www.xfire.com/video/437438/
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

maybe you need to locolize each unit or if you did you mightv done it wrong
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

eh, ya, i didnt do anything other than put the in the lua script  :shrug:

if it isnt a mod map, you need to modify the stock core.lvl to accomdate your new locals.

Ooh yeah my bad, you would just have to do the equivalent of locolization on the core.lvl thingy
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I am taking a stock map and editing it through zero editor to have a local faction.  Can you point me to a tutorial?  I have never used the core level tool.

Thanks

ooh then yeah you have to locolize them. There is a tut on locolizition in our modding tutorials but its not that good. In bfbuilder go to documentation (I think) and theres a thing called locolization keys. Its by psychofred but idk how helpful itll be ill try to help you later tonight if i can finish my school work.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

i know of a core.lvl 64bit localization tool that bamdur released. It helped me understand localizations after i messed my whole entire game up. So yea, ask him for it, I can't find the link at the moment, but im sure he will give it to ya  ;) (it's especially made for 64 bit, im not sure if you use 32)
(insert signature here)

March 24, 2011, 05:41:07 PM #8 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:55:27 PM by Buckler
does anyone have a list of the localization keys?

secretsociety is down :(

edit:

http://www.4shared.com/get/uHtR5jsy/Corelvl_tool.html;jsessionid=2BF34E44BEBD80A5BC199A0EE55F5DBD.dc323

is a link to bamdurs tool, it says it works on 32 bit systems

-------------------------

Localization problem solved:

The issue was that I was using a stock map called bespin2 in my modid directory called ewok01
I used the mod tools localization tool to add names of locals, but it did not register until I changed the default
ewok01 key to the bespin2 key.

thanks to bamdur for helping me out with his core tool--its nice!

i couldv sworn I saw it in the tuts that come with the bf tools.. Hang on. I can't find it. That's weird I remember it very clearly.. I found this if you havent looked at it http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20086&p=379395&hilit=Locolization+Keys#p379395
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

well, I solved my problem which was related to the map name being different that the mod id.

The localization keys on secret society are down.

But Bamdur has a fairly comprehensive list in his core tool.

I will lock this topic