Dark Trooper Championship 2014

Started by Phobos, August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on November 26, 2014, 04:20:04 AM
An extended training program for DTC participants will be released soon and it should help you reach 2500+ with enough practice. Also what crosshairs are you using for shotgun and pistol? You need batwing or better for improving HS more effectively.
A training program sounds like an interesting idea, I would be willing to give it a try. For a player like me, what crosshairs would you recommended Phobos?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

November 26, 2014, 02:26:48 PM #121 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:30:32 PM by Anyder
Quote from: Norwood on November 26, 2014, 02:20:21 PM
A training program sounds like an interesting idea, I would be willing to give it a try. For a player like me, what crosshairs would you recommended Phobos?
what kind of player are u ? lol
There are many xhairs in this forum which u can use. Try modding ur common.lvl by adding them  ;)

Try out this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=903
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'll take a look at it, but I think I might just stick with the stock scopes...

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1227 Try this xd if u dislike it then idk what to recommend u lol
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

It's not that I really dislike it so much as, I if I use these then I will have to replace my current custom common.lvl file which I really like. (It has freecam, exit to desktop, and minimal interface.)

Quote from: Norwood on November 26, 2014, 02:38:20 PM
It's not that I really dislike it so much as, I if I use these then I will have to replace my current custom common.lvl file which I really like. (It has freecam, exit to desktop, and minimal interface.)

I could probably help you transfer all of those items to the common with the new reticule.
OR, perhaps the other way, and transfer the reticule to your current common.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

OR, I could figure out how to do it myself... which would probably be best. :P

Quote from: Norwood on November 26, 2014, 03:48:09 PM
OR, I could figure out how to do it myself... which would probably be best. :P

All up to you, bud. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Norwood on November 26, 2014, 02:20:21 PM
Well I don't recommend stock, I'd suggest trying the DTC default crosshairs which will be included as an option in the training program. You don't have to rebuild your common.lvl since these will be added directly to the side lvl. Batwing is considered one of the best xhairs to improve shotgun HS but it hasn't been released publicly yet.

Anyway the deadline for week 2 has been reached so I'll have to use your duel vs repcom without counting  HS unless one of you finds the screenshots.

DTC EasterEgg Shotgun Crosshair
made by Phobos in February 2012

EasterEgg is considered at least 200% better than stock for long range combat and headshots when used in conjunction with NoScopes. To use this you can rename the DTC-EasterEgg.lvl to DTC.lvl or you can munge the TGA directly into your common.lvl for replacement of default reticule_charger. The new DTC lvl has been attached which includes the crosshair munged into the SIDE. These improvements should (in theory) help DTC participants gain skill with dark trooper faster. More DTC training mods will be posted later to further improve skill. 

It's fine if you don't count my hs, not that big of a deal.

Attached is a picture of my malfunctioning windows 7.

I have DirectX C++ SDK and texture tools, so I can have previews of TGA and other image formats compatible with the SDK, just like you can have JPG, BMP, and PNG previews on windows by default.

But, when I open the file, a completely different image is loaded, and I cannot figure out where the windows explorer preview is getting it's image from.. I've searched temp, Virtual store, and double checked files.. I even checked file versions. Windows 7 is weird.

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on November 26, 2014, 11:38:24 PM
It's fine if you don't count my hs, not that big of a deal.

Attached is a picture of my malfunctioning windows 7.

I have DirectX C++ SDK and texture tools, so I can have previews of TGA and other image formats compatible with the SDK, just like you can have JPG, BMP, and PNG previews on windows by default.

But, when I open the file, a completely different image is loaded, and I cannot figure out where the windows explorer preview is getting it's image from.. I've searched temp, Virtual store, and double checked files.. I even checked file versions. Windows 7 is weird.
can you post preview for pictures of the final stats at end? even scaled down like that it might still be discernible. for now ill put a (?) next to your HS as it was reported but not confirmed by screenshots or admins.
also try to do a global search on C:\ for all image files modified within the past week. it might show the screenshots being stored in some obscure location (maybe user\appdata\roaming or something).

November 26, 2014, 11:49:04 PM #132 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:56:29 PM by RepubliqueCmdr
So I deleted all my Virtual store screenshot captures, and it stopped overriding what I open.. Which means I can open what I'm previewing like normal.

But, battlefront still failed to take screenshots during the stats page (I think "P" capture key disables after mission time is over). Just count my Hs as 0 so people don't make a fuss.

edit- Attached is all the screenshots I got. - They're all pretty useless.

November 27, 2014, 12:08:00 AM #133 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:17:21 AM by Phobos
Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on November 26, 2014, 11:49:04 PM
But, battlefront still failed to take screenshots during the stats page (I think "P" capture key disables after mission time is over). Just count my Hs as 0 so people don't make a fuss.
im trying to think of ideas for modding the ifs_teamstats and award page scripts to automatically capture screenshots or enable the key by default, but it might be controlled by the EXE.

UPDATE: Norwood's screenshots are sufficient. Repcom has 12 and Norwood has 6. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg92148#msg92148

also crosshair prizes have been revealed for top headshots, forum award icons for top kills are still being designed.
[spoiler]
1) Pterosaur
2) Elevator
3) AlienUFO
4) Batwing

The top 2 players with most kills will also win the best pistol crosshair -={InViS}=- has, and players 3-4 will be awarded the 3rd best.
[/spoiler]

Week 3 Duels:
- Dark Phantom vs ZipZap
- Anypos vs RepCom
- Joseph vs Black Water
- Ultimo vs Norwood
- Anyder vs Phobos

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 1
{212}Black Water- K25 H0
BOB.Dark Phantom- K25 H0
[FC]Anyder- K25 H0
[FC]Phobos- K25 H7
Joseph- K25 H0
BOB.Anythingpos- K0 H0
BOB.Norwood- K0 H0
ZipZap43- K0 H0
[FC]Ultimo- K3 H1
RepublicCommando- K0 H0

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 2
{212}Black Water- K29 H9
BOB.Dark Phantom- K30 H3
[FC]Anyder- K50 H21
[FC]Phobos- K50 H16
Joseph- K50 H0 (?)
BOB.Anythingpos- K16 H0 (?)
BOB.Norwood- K13 H6
ZipZap43- K25 H0 (?)
[FC]Ultimo- K13 H11
RepublicCommando- K25 H12

(?) = unreported

Total Kills/Headshots by end of Round 3
TBA

Anyder, can you post the HS screens from me and Any's game?