[SOLVED] d3dx9_43.dll missing

Started by Shazam, September 20, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 20, 2014, 10:36:30 AM Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:40:02 PM by Shazam
I'm getting a System Error warning whenever I try to launch Battlefront.  I recently restored my computer its factory condition and made a backup of my SWBF files/mods (before the factory reset) to transfer onto the computer so I wouldn't lose anything.

This is exactly what the error window says:
Quote from: Battlefront.exe - System ErrorThe program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I would rather not go through the entire reinstallation process because it took quite some time to transfer all my mods and things. 

Any suggestions?

September 20, 2014, 10:54:10 AM #1 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:01:05 AM by -RepublicCommando-
You may not have to install battlefront all over again.

Pop in your DVD or CD for installing SWBF, open it as a folder (right click open)
Go into the DirectX folder, find DXSETUP and run it. It should install DirectX 3d 9 DLL you need to play swbf with.

September 20, 2014, 11:00:39 AM #2 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:03:03 AM by Shazam
Installing components ...

I'll let you know if anything explodes.

-edit:  The setup wizard finished and I'm still getting that error.

Would BoPC make a difference?

September 20, 2014, 11:08:45 AM #3 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:12:39 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Hmm.. That should have worked, not cool.
I think best of PC fix only does something with the registry, but it certainly does not hurt to try.

Edit: I found this http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/d3dx9_43-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

You might try restarting since you've installed the component d3d from the SWBF disk already.

I shouldn't need to put DXSETUP in my Battlefront directory when installing the components, correct?

I'm not too familiar with .dll files -- would it be something that someone could upload for me to d/l?

Here it is from my System32 folder.  Place it in C:\Windows\System32 and see if that works...

First check and see if it is actually there in your system32 folder.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

September 22, 2014, 02:28:25 PM #7 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:32:24 PM by Shazam
Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on September 20, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
Here it is from my System32 folder.  Place it in C:\Windows\System32 and see if that works...

First check and see if it is actually there in your system32 folder.

It was not there, and placing it there didn't solve the problem. (it still says the file is missing)

Quote from: aeria. on September 21, 2014, 12:05:02 PM
Update directx.

I researched DirectX and from what I read I need to do a Windows update and DirectX should update as well.
Quote from: Microsoft Support: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113Microsoft DirectX is included as an integral part in Windows operating systems. You can update DirectX by applying the latest service pack or other updates through Windows Update.

DirectX 11.2 is included in Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note There is no standalone update package for DirectX 11.2. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012 R2.

I updated my computer and that did not solve the problem.

I'm running Windows 8 64-bit, if that helps.

Last year, I had the same missing file problem. I searched the file on Google and the results would have made me say the same thing Aeria did...

I want to help but if you've fixed your DirectX...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Update directx manually.

#TYBG

Yea you should be able to find the full version or a redistributable version through Microsoft's website.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Sorry for the late reply--life's been busy.

I am still having the .dll error I described above, and I can't seem to find where I can download the full or redistributable version of DirectX that I need.

I have DirectX 11 on my computer currently.

According to something I just read so I can help you,
Quote from: pc.support.about.comAssuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_43.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application DVD or CD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.

Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.

According to them, you should try uninstalling then reinstalling your game to try to fix the error. Remember, if you do this, try to back up your mods and etc. first so they don't get uninstalled too. I don't quite recall, and I may be thinking of SWBF2, but I do believe you have the option to install the DirectX with your game that SWBF needs.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yes, SWBF2 usually prompts you to "update" to the version included with the game. (It was up to date when released.) I don't currently remember which version it was.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I think it's on Microsoft's website.  I will post the link when I find it.