Empire vs Clones 1.0 final

Started by Napseeker, August 04, 2009, 12:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 04, 2009, 12:14:38 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:23:42 PM by Buckler
local link
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=590

This is a collection of 12 maps that allow the gamer to carry out a hypothetical battle between the Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic. If you have played any of my previous mods, you will recognize many of the units and their weapons. These are of course clones from the 212th Attack Battalion, Shocktroopers, the 41st Elite and the 501st Legion. I also included many never-before seen units and weapons too such as the Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper, Clone Commander, and more.

(EvC was originally released back in Aug 2007. This upload is the same as the 2007 release so if you have EvC already, you don't need to grab this one again... Filefront has deleted my files from its server and so I'm reupping them yet one more time. Hopefully rapidshare will retain them for a lot longer.)

Each map has 2 different missions which you can choose from (each mission can be chosen as an era, e.g. mission 1c = "Clone Wars" era, mission 1a = "Galactic Civil War" era). So that means there are 24 different missions that you can play for EvC! Here is a list of all the missions and the factions which are used for each one:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1c. Mos Eisley - Sandtroopers vs 501st Legion
1a. Mos Eisley - Sandtroopers vs Shocktroopers

2c. Dune Sea - Sandtroopers vs 501st Legion vs 212th Attack Battalion (locals)
2a. Dune Sea - Sandtroopers vs 501st Legion vs Tusken Raiders (locals)

Note: I gave the 501st Legion some extra reinforcements to balance out the fact that they are weaker against the Sandtrooper forces (which have the far more powerful AT-ST vehicles). I have also reduced the normal number of locals (Tuskens/212th) so that team1 isn't outnumbered by simultaneous attacks from two enemy teams.

3c. Bespin Platforms - 212th Attack Battalion vs Empire (Bespin-theme)
3a. Bespin Platforms - 501st Legion vs Empire (Bespin-theme)

4c. Bespin Cloud City - 212th Attack Battalion vs Empire (Bespin-theme)
4a. Bespin Cloud City - Arctroopers (and eps2 clonetroopers) vs Empire (Bespin-theme)

5c. Endor - 41st Elite vs Empire (Endor-theme)
5a. Endor - 41st Elite vs mix of Sandtroopers and Empire (Endor-theme), no AT-STs allowed.

6c. Geonosis - eps2 clonetroopers vs eps3 clonetroopers (the eps3 clones use Imperial vehicles like AT-AT)
6a. Geonosis - eps2 clonetroopers vs eps3 clonetroopers (same, but no AT-AT or any vehicles at all)

7c. Geonosis - Shocktroopers vs Sandtroopers (Geonosians are allied with the Empire)
7a. Geonosis - 212th Attack Battalion vs Empire (Endor-themed, with Darktrooper)

8c. Kashyyyk Docks - 41st Elite vs Empire (Endor-theme)
8a. Kashyyyk Docks - Shocktroopers vs Expanded Universe Imperials (e.g. Blackhole Stormtrooper, Shadow Stormtrooper, Magma Stormtrooper...)

9c. Kamino - Expanded Universe Imperials vs Arctroopers (and eps2 clonetroopers)
9a. Kamino - 501st Legion vs Arctroopers (and eps2 clonetroopers)

BONUS MAPS!!!! These maps are special bonus maps included with this release. These were originally going to be released in another mod project but I decided to include them here as early previews:

DEA09c - Death Star - Darth Vader's "Black" Imperials vs Emperor's "White" Imperials; 500 units / side, 55 units on-map at a time. Intended for Instant Action gamers
DEA09a - same as DEA09c but Boba Fett now replaced by Imperial Sniper; Royal Guard replaced by Sandtrooper Squad Leader.

The DEA09c and a maps are only playable for single player Instant Action (since it crashes in MP)

DEA10c - this is a new map which should work fine for both SP and MP with no crashing. There was no way to fix the apparent crash which is somehow related to the hero units so I removed both Vader and the Emperor. Also, to reduce memory consumption, I reduced the reinforcements and on-map units from what you get in DEA09c.
DEA10a - this is the same as DEA09a but again, with no Vader or Emperor heroes and fewer reinforcements. Playable in both SP and MP.

NOTE: There is a difference from the DEA1 map in that I have added a new CP for each team. These two new CPs are NOT capturable, but don't worry -- so long as you capture the other enemy CPs, you will still win the game. The reason for these new CPs is to try and fix a problem in DEA1 where the AI bots almost never meet and fight. So what I did is that if the units spawn from the new CP it will put them in areas on the DEA map that they never walk to (due to a bug in the pathing) and this forces them to meet the enemy team more often, resulting in more battles.

IMPORTANT: You must install the DEA1 (Death Star) map released by imp_strikeforce and rebel_scum into your Addon folder if you want to play DEA09 or DEA10. Otherwise they do not work properly. You can download DEA1 from the MacXGamers website.

BONUS MAP 2: Originally planned to be in my Galactic Marines mod, here is a preview version of that mod:

HOTH07c - Galactic Marines vs Snowtroopers; the Imperials attack, Galactic Marines must defend Echo Base.
HOTH07a - Snowtroopers vs Galactic Marines: the Marines attack, the Empire must defend Echo Base.

NOTE: The AT-TEs are sometimes positioned in what is an awkward spot e.g. behind a trench, making it hard to move them out into the open field to engage the AT-ATs or AT-STs. I will likely fix this in the eventual GMarines mod but not here...

You will also see that some of the maps I've made small changes to (added new local units, changed the weather conditions, altered the map props, etc).

DOWNLOAD:
http://rapidshare.com/files/263726914/Empire_vs_Clones_1.0.rar

(And this is the map you will need to install if you want to play the Death Star missions)
http://rapidshare.com/files/263986197/dea1_DeathStar_interior.zip

nappseeker!!!!
looks great!!!
i will report back on play once it downloads and i spend a few hours doing it religiously...

:o LOOKS AWSOME! CAnt wait to play :biggrin:

Newest one!

Cool! I am going to play it right now :) (once it has been downloaded :()

Thanks guys, keep in mind that this is the same EvC that I released before on the old forums so if you've played EvC previously, this is that same version... I'm just reuploading it again since FileFront deleted it off their servers  :tu:

It's brilliant to play! But I noticed some sounds are missing, such as the AT-ST firing sound etc, which could easily be added. Other than the lack of sounds for Clones/Empire, it's brilliant!  :cheer:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Good point about the sounds, I forgot about fixing those.  I remember the problem back in 2007 was I could only choose sound fx from either the CW or GCW era.  If I loaded it for CW, then none of the Imperial sounds would work; and loading the GCW meant none of the clonetroopers' sounds would work. 

I still need to learn how to do custom sounds so I can at least incorporate them into one side like say the Republic, and then consistently load the GCW sounds for all of the missions.

It seems Unit Sounds cannot be done  :td: (in my "Kamino - Uprising" and "Mustafar - Uprising" maps, which are inspired by BF2 missions, I got round this by having the Imperials use the Clone Trooper sound effects) but vehicles are very easy once you get the hang of it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

August 13, 2009, 05:19:32 AM #8 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:25:55 AM by UNIT33
I cannot conceal my excitement ! ! ! !
I've been waiting for the release of a mod of this description for a long time...
Happiness ! :dance:

And it's been out for a long time Unit :P I'll get round to downloading it at some point. It does look good, I'm just lazy :)

Quote from: dkpro on September 10, 2017, 07:18:50 PM
how i play this?

First you need SWBF1 from 2004.  Next, you need to download and install this mod.  See the first post for the download link and instructions. If you need more help, let us know where you get stuck at.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet