Kit Fisto's Mini IMP Mod (online compatible)

Started by Kit Fisto, March 28, 2013, 04:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 28, 2013, 04:46:15 PM Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:29:01 PM by Kit Fisto

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=935

README

*Pictures Below*

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 1: Kit Fisto's Mini IMP Mod (online compatible)

This is a mini skin mod for the Imperials that changes a couple things like adding better looking skins etc. It is for people who don't want a complete overhaul for new skins but still want a little change from the stock sides. :)

The changes are as follows:

Non-Snow environments

Tie Pilot and AT-ST pilot are now the Imperial Officer.

The Scout Trooper skin is now it's SWBFII version, I did this because the SWBFII version looks better and is closer to how they look in the movie.

The Dark Trooper skin is now it's SWBFII version, I did this because the SWBFII version looks better/cleaner than SWBFI. The specular (shiny) aspect is also gone.

Snow environments

The snowtrooper, Shock Trooper and Scout Trooper skins are now replaced with their SWBFII versions. I did this because the SWBFII version looks better/ cleaner than SWBFI.

The AT-AT pilot is now the AT-AT Commander (SWBFII Imperial Officer skin)

I also fixed the snow scout troopers arms to match his outward skin. For some reason the developers forgot to do this.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
*PC*
GO TO: My Computer/Computer
Local disk
Program files(or Program files (x86) if you are using 64 bit windows)
LucasArts
Star Wars Battlefront
Gamedata
Data
_LVL_PC
SIDE
Back up your imp.lvl
Place the imp.lvl you downloaded into the SIDE folder

*MAC*
GO TO: Applications
Star Wars Battlefront (folder or app)
Right Click {on app (should be a stormtrooper helment)}
Show Package Contents
Contents
Resources
Data
_LVL_PC
SIDE
Back up your imp.lvl
Place the imp.lvl you downloaded into the SIDE folder

Credits:
Kit Fisto for mod
Tirpider for all the OTC Units, this mod would have been a lot harder to make without them. Thank you!
Buckler/Led for swbfgamers, the place I waste my time :P

NOTE: if this file ever goes missing you can find a backup at swbfgamers.com downloads section

Other Mods by Kit Fisto/kitfisto15678 (in order of release date)

Online Compatible 212th Empire Skin Mod
Online Compatible LoweResolution Map Replacements (assets on swbfgamers)
Phase I Republic Skin Mod (2.0 Final) [Online Compatible]
Rebel Forces Mod (online compatible)

Imperial Officer
[spoiler][/spoiler]

AT-AT Commander
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 28, 2013, 04:46:15 PM

Credits:
Buckler/Led for swbfgamers, the place I waste my time :P

Hahahahaha xDDDD n1
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hehe, yea I put that in my other mod's credits. I was wondering when somebody would notice. :P

March 29, 2013, 01:10:45 AM #3 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:32:57 AM by UNIT 33
Oh.  it's just a small thing but you should give skins like that officer a .tga.option file to get rid of that saturation effect.
All you need is an appropriately named file with -maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8 written in it.

Very cool!  :tu:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 29, 2013, 01:10:45 AM
Oh.  it's just a small thing but you should give skins like that officer a .tga.option file to get rid of that saturation effect.
All you need is an appropriately named file with -maps 1 -format a8r8g8b8 written in it.
I just got the assets for all the skins from the OTC units. I thought that included a .tga.option file... :confused:

Quote from: Snake on March 29, 2013, 03:45:54 AM
Very cool!  :tu:
Thanks!
(I have to be honest I thought I would get more positive feedback on my Rebel Forces OC mod, but I like it here too!  8)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 29, 2013, 04:26:34 PM
I just got the assets for all the skins from the OTC units. I thought that included a .tga.option file... :confused:
They do, just open the tga.option file in text edit and paste in that line.

March 30, 2013, 06:26:24 AM #7 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:30:54 AM by Kit Fisto
Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 30, 2013, 05:50:32 AM
just open the tga.option file in text edit and paste in that line.
Yes, my Master.

:P

This Version 2 release will have to be exclusive to this site, forget SWBFFiles.

You want me to do what you said above for the IMP officer and AT-AT Commander only?

I didn't optimize all the otc guy's option files.

In fact, I didn't touch any of the tga options for anyone till Vader came up (Sereja pointed out the need for the -format switch), and I still haven't got his nailed down due to other, more pressing, issues with the series.

A good, basic rule of thumb I used was:
If the tga has an alpha channel (is 32-bit) then add -format a8r8g8b8
If the tga does not have an alpha channel (is 24-bit) then add -format x8r8g8b8

the x8r8g8b8 is un-needed, but I used it to tell myself that I already looked at the option when doing future revisions.

It's shocking how many of the stock assets use an alpha channel but don't have the proper format option so it's effect never gets seen when folks use it.

A list of all the .option switches can be found in the docs that came with the BF2 mod tools (documentation\misc_documentation.doc)
[spoiler]There is a copy of that doc saved as an html and added it to the bottom of the following post
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5900.msg59909#msg59909[/spoiler]

But look at the saturation/posterisation effect! Can nobody see it but me? Has the whole world gone mad?

Like that dark purple stuff that looks like it's trying to be shading on his leg?
(Vader has that as well)

Quote from: tirpider on March 30, 2013, 08:06:39 AM
Like that dark purple stuff that looks like it's trying to be shading on his leg?
(Vader has that as well)
Yes. It goes away if you use that code I've been banging on about.

Tried out the skin mod, looks nice! I like the look of the Imperial Officer. I couldn't really tell the changes of the characters, other than the Officer skin and the no-shine on the Dark Trooper. Other than that, cool mod!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 30, 2013, 09:39:17 AM
Tried out the skin mod, looks nice! I like the look of the Imperial Officer. I couldn't really tell the changes of the characters, other than the Officer skin and the no-shine on the Dark Trooper. Other than that, cool mod!
Thanks! It is kind of hard to see the difference between the troopers skins I replaced but SWBFII's were generally better so I used those.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 30, 2013, 08:34:00 AM
Yes. It goes away if you use that code I've been banging on about.
I have edited the IMP officer and AT-AT Commanders .tga.option files. I need to munge the sides again.

I did what Unit 33 said since I had no clue what Tirpider was talking about...

Quote from: tirpider on March 30, 2013, 06:27:01 AM
I didn't optimize all the otc guy's option files.

In fact, I didn't touch any of the tga options for anyone till Vader came up (Sereja pointed out the need for the -format switch), and I still haven't got his nailed down due to other, more pressing, issues with the series.

A good, basic rule of thumb I used was:
If the tga has an alpha channel (is 32-bit) then add -format a8r8g8b8
If the tga does not have an alpha channel (is 24-bit) then add -format x8r8g8b8

the x8r8g8b8 is un-needed, but I used it to tell myself that I already looked at the option when doing future revisions.

It's shocking how many of the stock assets use an alpha channel but don't have the proper format option so it's effect never gets seen when folks use it.

A list of all the .option switches can be found in the docs that came with the BF2 mod tools (documentation\misc_documentation.doc)
[spoiler]There is a copy of that doc saved as an html and added it to the bottom of the following post
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5900.msg59909#msg59909[/spoiler]

But that doesn't matter, we all still love him! ;)