Ideas required for Jedi vs Sith side mod.

Started by SleepKiller, December 19, 2012, 03:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need some ideas for classes to have in a Jedi vs Sith mod. So I have decided to ask the general population what they would like to see. So let's see them. Some ideas for classes to have. I may not use your idea exactly but I need inspiration. Try to think up of balanced force powers and such. (I am having a creative block here guys.)

Help me SWBFGamers your my only hope!

First off I would look at ALL of Napseekers mods that feature Jedi/Sith in them. Try to emulate his style. I have never played a better SWBFI map with lightsaber wielders.

Now I would say make each class unique. No repeating powers like everyone having force push. Try to do something new! Like a force choke with animations or a good lightsaber throw weapon!

Really SK, look at some of Napseeker's mod maps! Here are a couple I reccomend. They will help you come up with ideas and know  how to emulate the best SWBFI jedi/sith made for SWBFI.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=385 ( you can use your conversion of cor1 for these maps )
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=269
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=36 ( you can use your uta1 conversion for uta2, don't bother playing uta3 )

Now play all of those and if you still can't come up with stuff post and I'll try to think up some classes.  :cheers:

Apprentice: Lightsaber, Weak force push. Has low jump, takes fall damage, moves fast, regenerates very slowly

Jedi Knight/Sith Lord: Lightsaber, Force Push, Force PUll. Has high jump no fall damage, moderate health regenerates moderately, moves slower

Grand Master? Idk what to call this: Lightsaber, Force Lightning, Force Repulse (powerful push), Has hover insetad of high jump, high health, very slow regeneration. moves at normal speed
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Jedi don't use force lightning. That's Sith exclusive.  ;)

But in the EU ( expanded universe ) some jedi use lightning...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 19, 2012, 03:57:11 PM
Now I would say make each class unique. No repeating powers like everyone having force push. Try to do something new! Like a force choke with animations or a good lightsaber throw weapon!
That is exactly the problem. That is why I need ideas for classes because I don't want to reuse the same abilities over and over.

Play all the Napseeker maps I gave you! Trust me it will help!  :tu:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 19, 2012, 04:03:54 PM
Jedi don't use force lightning. That's Sith exclusive.  ;)

But in the EU ( expanded universe ) some jedi use lightning...
I find Jedis using lightning, quite boring....

I think one of the jedi's "force jump" should be just like the darktroopers jetpack, but to where you can turn it off with space bar.

So make him jump really high, and have a big gravity scale (like 15-16)   Basicly, it's darktrooper jetpack, with no effect, and you can turn it off with space bar.
It would make quite a real effect in-game.

I think the jedi hover should work like a combo (if its possible) of the dark trooper jump height, with the jet trooper controlls/jump length.

My random.. Let me show you it..

The Jedi used the sabre and force powers, that's known.
But what other weapons would warriors from a more "elegant" age be proficient in?

Melee attacks.
We have so few of them that any would help break up repeated force powers.

Staff and Sai type weapons.
Swords (yawn) and daggers. (I'm a little tired of swords.)
Thrown projectiles would be quite deadly in the hands of a force user.

Martial arts are one, but our limited animation pool would make that very silly looking in-game.

The Jedi each had thier own specialties.  Some games have coloerd sabre blades to indicate thier specialty.

As a non-canon thought experiment, I like to imagine, the Jedi discovered armor and weapon tech that enhanced thier connection to the force.

This opens up the possibility of standard team classes like Heavy, Scout.. ect.

A Heavy Jedi might use some sort of medium to long range artillary/mortar via tech or the force.

A Scout might have the ability to zoom in very close with any weapon.  (Deadly assasin force darts?)

The regular Jedi would have the expected pull/push and sabre attacks.

Medics would heal and or drain health at incredible rates.. (I'd give these guys no armor or they would become spam)

Assault force wielders would have light armor but strong damage capabilities.

Pretty much any blaster or rifle could be tied into a "Dune" like weapon (the sound activated wierding modules), just call it force blast.

Limit the actual no-weapon" force powers to one per unit except for a possible super sith or jedi that has many at his disposal. That would be the hero or special class.

Just random un-organized flow of thoughts there.. A jedi/Sith side made up of hard hitting force users is exactly what all the movies and games have been missing.

I don't know what you could add, other than some Jedi and Sith having actual guns instead of sabers. Perhaps these Wookieepedia articles could help?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_brute

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Sniper

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_Security_Force

As for Sith, your best bet would be to look up some SWTOR/KOTOR references, like Sith Troopers and the like.

I don't see why some Jedi or Sith wouldn't use blasters, just because Obi wan thought they sucked it doesn't mean they all did.

So yes. Throw in some guns!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on December 19, 2012, 04:09:20 PM
I find Jedis using lightning, quite boring....

I think one of the jedi's "force jump" should be just like the darktroopers jetpack, but to where you can turn it off with space bar.

So make him jump really high, and have a big gravity scale (like 15-16)   Basicly, it's darktrooper jetpack, with no effect, and you can turn it off with space bar.
It would make quite a real effect in-game.

Personally I prefer the SWBFII jedi jump animation.
I find it much more natural than the dark trooper one.
I think it was already used in the converted death star II map.
But that's only a small detail.  :P

some ideas for force powers

force heal blast: make a jedi be able to shoot plasma blast from his hand (like the geonosian green blaster thing) that can heal any teammates it hits.
force protection: make a bubble shield like droideka except bigger, and make it protect multiple teammates inside of it like faamba
force deception: use a modified disguisekit odf to trick AI into thinking your a sith instead of jedi
force vaporize: make a force power with -100 push to instantly annihilate an enemy (give a very long reload so its not overused)
force elemental damage: a sith power which shoots both lightning beam and fire (like a flamethrower) at the enemy.

ill try think of a few more if u want

Yes, Jedis are more likley to have the invasive and defensive weaponry such as the disguise kit, healing, push and speed etc
While the sith would have the exploding death beam and stuff.

I belive, to create realistic jedi fight mode, you need well adjust saber meele fight. Stock sabers cause death of both units. Decreasing some way of saber damage - look's unrealistic. Lightsabers should stay totaly lethal. I think, exceptable solvation - make invisible shield protection for all jedi units, so fight will be possible to win, if player care about shield meter, and easy to loose, if you stay unprotected.
Also, you may give them reflected saber as primary weapon, with overhigh recharge time, so they will be protected, but can't make hit by it. And stock saber as secondary weapon, with no reflect ability, so jedi will be unprotected, when make a strike, and can be defeated by some blaster.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: