BF2 Tournament?

Started by RC-1498, October 03, 2013, 09:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Consider me committed, so long as it's a reasonable time slot :D

<insert witty signature here>

I wouldn't mind helping out but Friday/Saturday nights are my best (and sometimes only) times I can play SWBF. How about we try those dates out? 1 battle per weekend? Maybe 2?

I'm putting it out there and I'll edit this post as a roster. Who would like to join this tournament! And who would like to be an organizer?

1) Kit Fisto (self proclaimed organizer :P )
2) RC- 1498
3) Carbon27

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 04, 2013, 04:28:03 PM

I'm putting it out there and I'll edit this post as a roster. Who would like to join this tournament! And who would like to be an organizer?

1) Kit Fisto (self proclaimed organizer :P )
2) RC- 1498
3) Carbon27

Hmm...     when I do have time to do this, I have hours, many hours  I could organize this. But when I don't, I might be out for a while.

Kit I think you might make a good organizer. You seem to have the time to do this.

RC, I don't know about you. What times are you free?

As I stated above, I can't always do it. BUT if one of you guys have a sudden change of plans, chances are I can take the time to do this.

Anyways for my idea...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game would be a team game, consisting of 3-5 (possibly more if we can get that many people) a team, with as many teams as possible. There would be a leader board like so:

Pos.   Team/Squad           Points

1.     Team 5               12 Points
   2.     Team 3               10 Points
   3.     Team 4               -4 Points

etc.

Each team would start the tournament with the same amount of points. 20, 15, or maybe 10 points.

If you win a game, you get .20 of your opponents score. If you lose, you lose .20 of your score.

If you beat a team with a negative score, you get one point less then the team directly higher then the team you beat. If that team has a negative score, then it's two points less.

The team with the most points at the end of a designated time or max games wins.

The Optionals:

1.Unlimited games a week but you have a limit of games in the tournament.

Example Team 4 can play as many games a week as they wish but they can only play ten games in the                      tournament.

2. How many players.

3. How long or how many games

4. How many people per team

5. Whatever comes into my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Well my idea of a tournament is a fun competition without billions of rules. I'm not familiar with tournaments but I don't want it to be like the ICW's we have here. Just some fun team battles...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 05, 2013, 08:05:08 AM
Well my idea of a tournament is a fun competition without billions of rules. I'm not familiar with tournaments but I don't want it to be like the ICW's we have here. Just some fun team battles...

I agree.

But I would like there to be a winner at the end.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 05, 2013, 08:05:08 AM
I agree. If we get enough people it could be team-based. Hopefully we do, otherwise the rules come flooding in.
:P

<insert witty signature here>

Quote from: RC-1498 on October 05, 2013, 04:34:55 PM
If we get enough people it could be team-based.
:P

Build it and they will come!

So...                     anyone else have an idea? :g:

how bout instead of the weird numbers if a team wins they get a point, if they don't they lose a point, no Tking, Jets and rocket noobs allowed (since thats the main majority on BF2 players) have very popular mod maps maybe each time we would do this tourny we would have a new map pack (Convo Pack, Dark Times 2, BFX etc.) whoever has the biggest number of points wins.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 05, 2013, 05:16:32 PM
how bout instead of the weird numbers if a team wins they get a point, if they don't they lose a point... Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Yadda yadda yadda...
Quote from: Carbon27 on October 04, 2013, 06:07:24 PM

Each team would start the tournament with the same amount of points. 20, 15, or maybe 10 points.

If you win a game, you get .20 of your opponents score. If you lose, you lose .20 of your score.

If you beat a team with a negative score, you get one point less then the team directly higher then the team you beat. If that team has a negative score, then it's two points less.

We have the same idea. But I made my version more detailed so the worst team in the tournament wouldn't be playing everyone.  ;)

Now to what I really posted here for.

I'll be gone for a while, at my Grandma's house. She has no internet, nor PC, so I cannot post anything. My mom may bring her portable internet thing-a-ma-jig. But it can barely connect to the internet. even worse is the way I would connect to the internet- via N3DS...         yeah. (it sucks for browsing the web FYI) So I can read your comments and messages to me, but don't be offended if I don't respond.

Have fun sorting out the tournament

Dont you have a phone with sub-par service there

I can't organize this right now. Sorry...

Well I'm back. I can, and will, organize this if you people want to, and can decide on the tournament type.

Let's try something small, like a CC SWBFII tournament using the CC map converted by Marvel4.

I would love that!

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 05, 2013, 05:16:32 PMhave very popular mod maps maybe each time we would do this tourny we would have a new map pack (Convo Pack, Dark Times 2, BFX etc.)
dont just use one map from a mappack, i still like the idea of 3- 5 player fireteams to play

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 09, 2013, 04:36:40 PM
Let's try something small, like a CC SWBFII tournament using the CC map converted by Marvel4.

I would love that!

Yes, I'm sure you would. I haven't downloaded Marvel4's stuff yet, but i will soon. Anyways shouldn't we keep the tournament unmodded? I think the tournament would be more popular if we didn't have to download stuff to play.

But what the heck, that may be fun.