Star Wars Battlefront United

Started by Glitch, February 02, 2013, 08:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sereja on February 03, 2013, 01:27:28 AM
Oh, yes, I am realy close to finish Death Star conversion, but unfortunately, I got bad news: I moove CP's  :o.

Aside from the buggy AI path from dea1, why re-do the conversion?

#TYBG

Hmm... Very phylosophic question... Why modders make a mods at all?... I do not have any logical explanation for this... Except... Probably because it's fun! :D
Still, if you asking about exactly Death Star conversion, as all my conversions, it's content:
1 My custom edited sides, with my effects and reticules.
2. Fixed collision (controll room etc.).
3. Correct working brige, doors, with door reflection.
4. Correct adjusted reflection, light, sound and death regions.
5. Added lot  of new spawn points, and CP's, adopted for locals.
6. Adding working shields, to hangers and laser shaft.
7. Fixing turbolaser effects, and lights.
8. Adding sound effects, and voices from SWBF2.
9. Adding movie.
10. Fixing and remade some of the barriers.
11. Adding sky objects

That's all for now, if I did not find the way, how to add magnetic lock...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Thanks for posting the assets Sereja, they will be of great value when we compile the expanded BFbuilders.

SWBF United is a fine name I can't really think of how you would title a project for "converting bf1 to bf2 and vice versa" so that should work.

And Sereja has listed the additions he makes to his ports, which are great improvements. Though I would like to ask if it is ok with Sereja, that we include his maps but not necessarily his modified sides/common for them.

Quote from: aeria. on February 03, 2013, 05:53:06 PM
Aside from the buggy AI path from dea1, why re-do the conversion?

The scum/strike conversion were very nice.
Sleepkiller's conversions are really really good.
Sereja's are amazing.

If he has the time to make them, then we will be fortunate to get to play them :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on February 03, 2013, 08:41:35 PM
Sereja's are amazing.

If he has the time to make them, then we will be fortunate to get to play them :)
This is very true. VERY TRUE. But in the case of this project I think it is best to modify Sereja's maps to be more like stock SWBFII. We could actually use all of his conversions thus far ( including Death Star if he doesn't mind ). The only thing that would have to be changed would be
1) minimap
2) sides/locals
3) CP placement
4) extra/added props

Then it would be amazing.

Quote from: Glitch on February 03, 2013, 05:28:38 PM
Paying attention to little details like that can really make a mod great.
This is what makes great mods and maps. That statement. This mod NEEDS to embrace that statement or else it will not be successful.

So! Let us make a list of:

What maps are ready to be put in the mod
What maps need to be modified ( Sereja maps, SK's Dagobah and Kamino )
What sides ( stock or SWBFII? I would actually prefer stock sides )

We need to make a new topic for this with an organized first post with everything that needs to be or is already done.  :cheers:
One map at a time everybody. Lets make this great! :cheer:

February 03, 2013, 09:52:56 PM #35 Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:59:48 PM by Phobos
Ok KF we are thinking along the same lines and I appreciate you taking the time to explain things in a structured way so I think you should be a project co-coordinator. Also, do you ever get on xfire anymore? And glitch do you have xfire?

We need to assemble all the world LVLs that we are going to test into one archive and write down notes from testing them in game on what to change. I've already started adding the new maps into the shell to make them 'stock'. The world lvls will have to follow a specific name format which is 3 letters followed by a number
example:
dag1.lvl

something like corus1 would have to be renamed cor1 for complete integration into the shell (the scripts are picky this way). And we still have to locate the planet textures in bf2 lvl i mentioned here
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6011.0

The stuff Kit mentioned maybe sereja sk or someone else would want to make the 'adjustments' to the world LVLs and when they're all updated we can start localizing, scripting, and everything else.

As far as using bf1 stock units or some ported bf2 units, we could go either way with that. It would be fun to port some weapons but maybe not practical to port everything. Vehicles are another thing to discuss at some point.

February 04, 2013, 03:15:58 AM #36 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:22:04 AM by Glitch
I suggest doing this for the BF1 "Star Wars Battlefront United" we're doing the same sort of thing for BF2. The more effort you put into it the better the outcome will be. But then again this is up to you guys, its your choice on what you'd like to do for this BF1 mod.

-Stock BF1 Sides on all converted maps
-Visual improvements on BF2 maps (No moved props)
-BF2 Campaign Conversion (Use BF2 Sides)
-BF1 Mini-maps on Converted maps
-Create new side named BFU, add BF2 vehicles and sides to it.
Quote: At times of chaos, humans are subjected to emotion rather than logic.

February 04, 2013, 03:21:20 AM #37 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:23:12 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Glitch on February 04, 2013, 03:15:58 AM
I suggest doing this for the BF1 "Star Wars Battlefront United" we're doing the same sort of thing for BF2. But then again this is up to you guys, your choice on what you'd like to do for this BF1 mod.

-Stock BF1 Sides on all converted maps
-Visual improvements on BF2 maps (No moved props)
-BF2 Campaign Conversion (Use BF2 Sides)
-BF1 Mini-maps on Converted maps
-Create new side named BFU, add BF2 vehicles and sides to it.
Good idea, I can easily script in new eras to control which sides are used for each of the stock maps. BF1 GCW, BF1 CW, BF2 GCW, and BF2 CW can be the selectable eras for maps on instant action mode (and hosting too). Anyone good with mission LUA can help with those and I should be able to set up the shell easily to utilize the sides for each map. The side LVLS can be stock for BF1 gcw/cw, and for BF2 gcw/cw we can introduce some of the BF2 exclusive vehicles. I fear the acklay is still not playable in BF1, the most we have is an Acklay starship by Bamdur.

Ok! I'm glad this is moving along so well!

I like Glitch's idea. The thing is SWBFII sides are hard to port. And as I understand from SK, there is an extra ODF which is hard to implement into SWBFI. So are we all SURE we want to do SWBFII sides this time. Or maybe we can do a 1.0 with all maps implemented but with stock sides ( just skin mods for certain maps for canon purposes :P ), then after we tidy it up and make the maps PERFECT.  And it works well we could do a 2.0 with new sides and possibly hunt missions, hero assult etc.
I think that will make this project more managable and we can put our resources purely into making the maps great.
Please tell me what you think of that.

In the meantime lets get started on the first map! Coruscant (cor1)  ( http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=494 ) by SK. He released the mission lua here ( http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=681 ) and only a couple things need to be changed on that map. The mission objectives and the rebel clothes ( urban instead of desert ).
Then that map is ready to go!

So who wants to do that?

@Phobos: my current situation does not allow for me to use xfire for extended periods of time which renders it useless. But I make it a point to check this site daily.

Quote from: Sereja on February 03, 2013, 01:27:28 AM
Probably because, SWBF1 does not support terrain, some of the effects, hintnodes, mixed bump & specularity, and mostly because of collision. Seems, SWBF1, can't handle with complicated collision, of the objects. Still, I believe, if you wish, to make conversions, almost identical with original SWBF2 maps, it's very possible, but it's long work, with lot and lot of testings :sleep:.
It's never was primary target for me. I am always, try to make them better, then they was in SWBF2 (in my vision, of'course). Usualy, when I see a CP, I just feel, I have to move it, or even better: add few new ones... :D So, let's call those maps, a free interpritations ;).Oh, yes, I am realy close to finish Death Star conversion, but unfortunately, I got bad news: I moove CP's  :o.
Well, as Phobos say, my Dagobah trees, look's realy buggy on his PC, but I do not know the reason of those bug (they look's normal, on my PC), and I do not know, how to fix it :(.
It would be great if you could get it done. But it doesnt look easy :/

Quote from: Sereja on February 03, 2013, 06:54:01 PM
Hmm... Very phylosophic question... Why modders make a mods at all?... I do not have any logical explanation for this..
Lol, I like most of your maps better than stock maps, even though Pandemic was "professional."
Quote from: Sereja
I did not find the way, how to add magnetic lock...
What exactly IS a magnetic lock?

Quote from: Glitch on February 03, 2013, 05:28:38 PM
Lets plan on fixing all existing map bugs this time around.

Easy to say, hard to do!

We had to wait 8 years for a working Tantive IV conversion.  The engine differences between SWBF and SWBF2 make it a challenge, particularly with regard to collision.  It is not impossible, as we have seen, but be prepared to spend some time and effort if you are doing your own conversion.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on February 03, 2013, 08:41:35 PM
Sereja's are amazing.

Thank's! :)
Hope, you also will have some time, to upload my big maps, to SWBFGamers, or am I just have to create topcs, with mediafire links?
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 04, 2013, 10:52:45 AM
"What exactly IS a magnetic lock?
Oh, maybe I make incorrect translation... It is a wall deflection effect, from ep IV. If you remember the movie, Han Solo make a shot, in garbage room, and blast bolt, start to deflect from the walls. SWBF1, support this effect, but only for melee weapons. I still did not found the way, how it cud be done for walls...
Quote from: {212} Nixo on February 04, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
It would be great if you could get it done. But it doesnt look easy :/
Heh, it's done already! :P
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on February 04, 2013, 12:51:57 PM
Oh, maybe I make incorrect translation... It is a wall deflection effect, from ep IV. If you remember the movie, Han Solo make a shot, in garbage room, and blast bolt, start to deflect from the walls.
No you have the correct translation. Leia says "It's magnetically sealed" and that makes the bolts bounce off the wall. Sereja and I know our Star Wars! :friend:

February 04, 2013, 06:05:04 PM #44 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:11:44 PM by Phobos
If this mod gets big enough it might be worthy of its own sub-board  8)

There were originally going to be 20 planets featured in SWBF1, but half of them were but dropped for whatever reasons during development.The stock 10 planets are: Naboo, Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Kamino, Rhen Var, Tatooine, Yavin IV, Hoth, Bespin, and Endor.

I have confirmed that the following planets were also supposed to be playable in SWBF1 during earlier stages of development:
Coruscant
Dagobah
Death Star
Felucia
Mustafar
Mygeeto
Polis Massa
Space Map (Five different space maps were planned, no indication as to which planets)
Tantive IV
Utapau

Most of these are in BF2
BF2 exclusive maps:
Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Dagobah: Swamp
Felucia: Marshland
Geonosis: Dust Plains
Kamino: Clone Facility
Kashyyyk: Beachhead
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War-Torn City
Polis Massa: Medical Facility
Tantive IV: Interior
Utapau: Sinkhole

The complete list of the 12 maps we need to use for this mod would be as follows:
Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Dagobah: Swamps
Death Star: Interior
Felucia: Marshland
Geonosis: Dust Plains
Kamino: Cloning Facility
Kashyyyk: Beachhead
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War-Torn City
Polis Massa: Medical Facility
Tantive IV: Interior
Utapau: Sinkhole

As for Space Maps, we could try using some of the existing ports, but they might be difficult to set up properly, so these are a maybe for now.

Next we will test the existing ports for each of these maps and then decide which port will be used; and whether or not it must be re-ported or otherwise modified.

Also I didn't include Naboo Theed because you said it was just a different sky (night time). If the buildings are not moved then it shouldn't be included. If the layout was different however, I will add it to the list. I think SleepKiller made a Theed at Night skin for BF1 (a nab2.lvl replacement).