Skirmish Mode Released!

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 09, 2016, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Tried it, but actually I think it should has been a base game content! I mean, even CoD allows his players to have fun with bots in a private match, but they were too lazy and greedy to spend time in creating a compelling AI to play in single player, infact they gave us only easy/hard modes and they still behave like they do in Coop mode.  :rant:
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

According to what I heard a while ago, EA rushed Dice to get the game out before the movie so that they could make more money off of it.

I read an article saying that Dice wanted to add way more base game content but were rushed by EA (And possibly Disney) to get the game out before the movie, rather than after TFA. (TFA = The force awakens)
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on September 13, 2016, 11:32:46 AM
According to what I heard a while ago, EA rushed Dice to get the game out before the movie so that they could make more money off of it.

I read an article saying that Dice wanted to add way more base game content but were rushed by EA (And possibly Disney) to get the game out before the movie, rather than after TFA. (TFA = The force awakens)

I know, it looks exactly like a last minute rushed game. Months of developement went to .
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Any idea if they're going to be adding DLC to Skirmish? I'm getting really bored of Multiplayer and its cancerous community.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

They answered the Skirmish question in the Scarif livestream:

"We're leaving it as it is."
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on December 10, 2016, 07:49:04 AM

smh.....

And months before they were like:

"We're working on adding more stuff to it."
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Gistech on December 10, 2016, 07:49:04 AM

They're focusing on more ways to scam people out of their money instead of working on free content. Nice.

Quote from: CommanderHazard on December 10, 2016, 09:32:24 AM
They're focusing on more ways to scam people out of their money instead of working on free content. Nice.

Wow. I wish the worst for EA. How do they even get people watching their livestreams?

I agree, is all they care about is money. It's just annoying, I generally dislike Multiplayer games because that's all games are now. Multiplayer trash.

You know, there was a quote somewhere where EA themselves said "We didn't do anything to this sequel, we just updated the graphics." I saw it about NBA or something.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Did they really say that...? I thought they said something like "there's no plans for it yet but we'll see in the future". Not like that really means anything different though. :P

Apparently uninspired_zebra (a data miner) discovered that there were files for offline Supremacy, though at the time it was just copy pasted from the online version. Who knows, maybe they are working on more content and just want to leave it as a surprise. I still don't get why they can't simply tell us whether or not they're working on more Skirmish content instead of just telling us "maybe, maybe not".

To be honest, I don't really care much for Skirmish anymore. I find that playing against actual humans is way more fun because the AI is too easy. The only change between difficulties is how much damage the AI do. I actually die way more often against the AI in SWBF1/SWBF2 than in EA's game (where I can go 200-0 in one match).

I still don't believe EA is scamming anyone. They've always said that this was a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game. Hopefully they'll do better with the sequel.

December 10, 2016, 03:13:29 PM #69 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:31:27 PM by Gistech
The two quotes from the livestream re. skirmish:

QuoteUnfortunately, no new news on Skirmish. We're leaving it as it is. But based on your question earlier about "what are we doing further down the line?", who knows what's going to happen there. We're committed to making sure that people have a good experience all the way up to that next game that we mentioned. We listen to feedback. What can we do to improve for the next game? So even if we can't get to everything for this one, we're definitely thinking about these things, taking them into consideration, working with them and trying to figure out what's the best experience for players in the future.

QuoteRight now, it's kind of the same as Battlefront 2, we don't have anything that we can talk about in that area. One thing I can say is that we understand what people want and we know there is a big outcry for things like [Skirmish]. We might not always be able to address it in this game, but it's things we think about for the future. So, again, I can't speak to what exactly the future holds for from now until Battlefront 2. But these are things that we are very aware of that people want. We're trying to figure out what is the best way to bring that to players. So it might not necessarily be this game, maybe it's in a future thing; again, don't know, but we're definitely listening and we're aware that people want that.

Summarized, what they're saying is that Skirmish is being left as-is but they might consider expanding on it in SWBF2.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

December 10, 2016, 03:26:22 PM #70 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:28:13 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Gistech on December 10, 2016, 03:13:29 PM
Summarized, what they're saying is that Skirmish is being left asi-is but they might consider expanding on it in SWBF2.

That's EA saying:
"We'll say that we might have better SinglePlayer to create hype and reconsideration for those not looking to buy it but we wont actually do anything to the SinglePlayer because it's easier that way and we still get money."

Just expect the worst and forget there was even any previous Star Wars games and it'll feel like gold. Oh and forget you actually paid for it either.

Quote from: Gistech on December 10, 2016, 03:13:29 PMSummarized, what they're saying is that Skirmish is being left as-is but they might consider expanding on it in SWBF2.

Ah, I see. That sucks.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on December 10, 2016, 10:00:18 AM
How do they even get people watching their livestreams?
Usually it's the YouTubers who host them that's the draw. For me at least.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PM
Apparently uninspired_zebra (a data miner) discovered that there were files for offline Supremacy, though at the time it was just copy pasted from the online version.
I wonder what it would take to make that playable...

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PMTo be honest, I don't really care much for Skirmish anymore. I find that playing against actual humans is way more fun because the AI is too easy.
For me it's fun because it's easy. I'm not very competitive player, I don't always want a challenge.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PMThe only change between difficulties is how much damage the AI do.
Are you sure about that? It seems like they employ tactics they don't in the lower difficulties.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PMI actually die way more often against the AI in SWBF1/SWBF2 than in EA's game (where I can go 200-0 in one match).
Call me a noob all you want, but it's the exact opposite for me.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PMI still don't believe EA is scamming anyone. They've always said that this was a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game.
That doesn't mean it can't have both, does it? Also, answer me this: What happens when the servers go down? Do we just throw out our copies and be done? I doubt EA would let us make a new master server for it like we have for SWBF1&2 and the Jedi Knight series. So skirmish and missions will become the only playable parts of the game. So you can see why we want the rest of the MP maps and modes added to skirmish. And I mean, how hard would that be for them to do? Just add bot routes to the other maps and add them to the menu.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 10, 2016, 03:09:50 PMHopefully they'll do better with the sequel.
Agreed. Fingers crossed. Though I am confident that whatever they put out I'll enjoy to at least some degree. It has a campaign, apparently (or so I've heard), so it's got that on the last one, at least.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on December 10, 2016, 05:08:39 PM
Also, answer me this: What happens when the servers go down? Do we just throw out our copies and be done? I doubt EA would let us make a new master server for it like we have for SWBF1&2 and the Jedi Knight series. So skirmish and missions will become the only playable parts of the game. So you can see why we want the rest of the MP maps and modes added to skirmish. And I mean, how hard would that be for them to do? Just add bot routes to the other maps and add them to the menu..
It's not the difficulty, it's the cost. I bet DICE wants to do all these amazing things for the game, but once they say the word "free" then EA will most likely say no.

Honestly I think it just comes down to time and scheduling. These developers have been very responsive to the community. The fact that we got skirmish at all shows this. But you have to remember these guys have schedules and other priorities. It probably is simply the case that they don't have time to work on it anymore, and all efforts now most likely have to start going towards Battlefront 2. I don't see any evil schemes here. I'm still betting on someone modding the rest of the maps into the game itself some years down the line anyways.