Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some preliminary work has already begun on Phase 2. Don't expect it out any time soon, though.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

So you say Kamino for GCW is Unlock and It is not unlock and Hoth for CW is not also unlock like Can you please fix them and Are you going to rebuild any other maps and are you going to add Invisible hand and Death Star because it say others maps like It would be good to play them and are you planning on adding anothers units and more?

They were going to be playable in the eras they are not, but that got moved to Phase 2, partly because I'm trying to figure things out.

Yes, there will be new maps to come in Phase 2. I want to recreate a couple of maps from SWBF3 and SWBFEA, but those types of things take time, especially seeing as they will be my first ever maps that aren't SWBF2 conversions.

The unit limit is 5 so there won't be any new units for the four factions. I will not be changing their layouts at all. How I have them set up works and it works well. Why spoil what works? But that's not to say that in Phase 2 you will be restricted to playing just as the four factions: I have plans to do "hero assault" and "hunt" styled mission maps.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Ohhhhh!!!! I get it now but my question is Geonosis is getting Galactic Civil War too?  Also are you also going to recreate Serja Tatooine Mos Eisley Spacesport?

Quote from: shelljonathanea on December 05, 2016, 03:27:30 PM
Also are you also going to recreate Serja Tatooine Mos Eisley Spacesport?
That map is for SWBF1, and Sereja always releases his assets, so there's no reason for Gistech to "recreate" it if he wants it in this mod.

Geonosis would be trickier to do than Hoth and Kamino: Hoth can be done because I wouldn't need to replace any assets in the map. Geonosis would require me to replace the Techno Union Ships.

As for Sereja's maps... it all depends. If he releases the source I might include it (as Commander Awesome pointed out, there would be no need to recreate it), but as it stands, his map right now is incompatible with my mod, as it freezes up on loading.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So It is Possible for you to create Invisible hand for phase 2 because it's from Star Wars Battlefront III.

So, here's something I've started working on for Phase 2.

Shoretroopers will appear on Kashyyyk: Docks and Beachhead as they make sense there. I may try making a Scarif map as well, which would put the AT-ACT to use.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's its head:

The very base part comes direct off the EA model for the head: it's the right shape, it's just really low-poly. So while the head serves as its base, the surrounding parts are all off my SWBFIII AT-AT conversion. The texture will be from the AT-AT as well. I just need to figure out how to scale the AT-AT's skeleton up: the AT-ACT is about 40% larger than the AT-AT.

I also retextured the cargo container parts on the AT-ACT using the EA texture.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Looking good. If you end up not making a Scarif map you could always put the AT-ACT on Kashyyyk Docks or Beachhead.

Here's the finished Shoretrooper model. Thanks go to the Designated Days team for the head and pack model. I screenshotted the EA model for the rest of it.

In Progress:

On Hold:

The Designated Days group has actually put together a pack for a Scarif map. Some of the stuff will need retexturing but it'll be very useful. I want Scarif to be part of the first wave of Phase 2, which will include the majority of SWBF2's maps as well. I was highly impressed and inspired with Scarif in Rogue One (and it also made me more disappointed with how DICE chose to interpret it in their game).

What do you think? One map? Two? I'd like to take a stab at the Archives as a map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Two would be great! The inside of the citadel would be an amazing map too!