Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy - Phase II (Version 0.9)

Started by Giftheck, December 26, 2017, 03:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is a 'version 0.9' release for Phase II of Battlefront: Legacy. I couldn't get the SWBF2 map ports ready on time, so I decided to create a '0.9' release that has everything that is completed. It also includes Naboo: Outpost and Tatooine Hero TDM.

DOWNLOAD

PATCH FOR NABOO: OUTPOST CRASH AND 1.2A CUSTOM EXE INCLUDED: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/star-wars-battlefront-legacy-phase-2-v09-patch

[spoiler]*************************
STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT LEGACY MOD
PHASE II
Version 0.9

by gistech (ggctuk@yahoo.co.uk)

VERSION 0.9

This version, while being somewhat different to Phase I, works much the same way. This is why this release has been designated "version 0.9". I had hoped for including the Battlefront II maps and releasing a 1.0 version before the end of 2017, however those maps are currently undergoing bug fixes for audio and conversion issues.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Extract all files.

###IMPORTANT: Backup the original "Battlefront.exe", Common and Shell folders, plus core.lvl and mission.lvl.###

Copy everything in this folder into your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData" folder. If you are asked to replace files, click "Yes" or "OK" (or, in Vista onwards "Copy and Replace").

In order to play Jabba's Palace with the new sides, you will need to remove "tat3" from your addon folder. Otherwise, the addon version will override the mod version and the map will load with stock sides.

I have included a hex-edited Battlefront 1.2 executeable. This executeable is not needed to play the mod but it does include some changes, such as allowing the hero to live below 20 reinforcements and preventing units hopping out of vehicles at 25. It does NOT circumvent the CD check, and as a result you WILL need a legitimate copy of Star Wars: Battlefront to use it.

CLASSES

The class system has been adapted to loosely fit the same types as the original game but with more diverse layouts.

SOLDIER CLASS: Blaster Rifle (Full Automatic and Burst Modes), Unique Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator.
-Clone Trooper (Republic - DC-17), Battle Droid (CIS - RG-4D), Rebel Soldier (Rebels - DL-44), Stormtrooper (Empire - SE-14R)

ASSAULT CLASS: Torpedo Launcher, Unique Secondary Weapon, Concussion Grenades, Mines
-ARC/Heavy Trooper (Republic - DC-15 Rifle), Assault Droid (CIS - E-5C Rifle), Rebel Vanguard (Rebels - DH-17 Rifle), Shock Trooper (Empire - DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle)

ENGINEER CLASS: Shotgun, Fusion Cutter, Unique Pistol, Health/Ammo Dispensers
-Clone Engineer (Republic - DC-18), Droid Engineer (CIS - SE-14), Rebel Engineer (Rebels - DL-18), Imperial Engineer (Empire - SE-14C)

SNIPER CLASS: Sniper Rifle, Unique Scout Pistol, Detpacks, Recon Droid (varying types)
-Clone Sharpshooter (Republic - EC-17, R1 Recon Droid), Assassin Droid (CIS - WESTAR, DRK-1 Probe Droid), Rebel Marksman (Rebels - A280CFE Pistol Configuration, R5-D4), Scout Trooper (Empire - EC-17, Viper Probe Droid)

SPECIAL CLASS
-Jet Trooper (Republic): EMP Launcher, ARC Caster, EMP Grenades, Jetpack
-Droideka (CIS): Twin Repeating Blasters, Shield Generator, Ball mode
-Wookie Smuggler (Rebels): Bowcaster, MPL Barrage Launcher, Time Bombs, Thermal Imploder
-Dark Trooper (Empire): T-21 Heavy Blaster, Modified MPL Homing Shot, Seismic Charges, Jump Pack

HINTS AND TIPS

-The rifle alternative firing mode fires a three-burst shot.
-Both the Soldier and Assault classes have secondary weapons unique to each faction.
-Some weapons can harm vehicles. These include the Dark Trooper's T-21 and the Tusken Raider's Cycler Rifle. AI with these weapons will target vehicles.
-The Sniper's detpack is triggered by pressing the 'reload' button.
-Each faction's Sniper has a unique droid. The DRK-1 Probe Droid can shoot a disruptive bolt that hurts units and damages vehicles. The R-1 Recon Droid can call an orbital strike. The Viper Probe Droid can self-destruct, and the R5-D4 droid can repair vehicles.
-On Hoth and Rhen Var, the AT-AT/AT-ACT has two seats. The main gunner controls the cannons while the co-pilot can call in an orbital strike on a target.
-On the Hero TDM map, using the Lightsaber Block will deflect all direct damage from you for a period of ten seconds. During this time, you are unable to attack.

GLITCHES AND ODDITIES

-On certain maps, weapons may misfire owing to too many weapon effects.
-Owing to the higher polygon count of some units, lowres switchout may occur more often.
-On rare occasions, Hoth may have issues with low-res models where all environment models are replaced with low resolution models. This usually does not last long.
-R5-D4 appears floaty, but this is down to the way the game handles droids.
-Kashyyyk: Docks has an issue with bump maps - if Bump Mapping is switched on, certain models will appear darker than they are supposed to. To resolve the issue temporarily, turn Bump Mapping off in Video Options.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q. How do I install this mod?
A. Simply follow the instructions above.

Q. Why isn't [Insert Trooper variant here] in this mod (like it was in the last/or in MPM V7/Celebration/Anniversary/Expanded/Uprising screenshots)?
A. To make things smaller I have reduced the number of unit variations. This is also a different mod to those that I made before.

Q. When will you update this mod?
A. See "PHASE 2.txt".

Q. When will you release the assets?
A. Some of the assets have already been released on SWBFGamers and GameToast.

CREDITS:

Credits go to:

ASSETS AND SKINS:

-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Autodesk for Softimage Mod Tool 7.5
-ANDEWEGET for ZETools.
-DarthD.U.C.K. for Jetpack addon mesh.
-ARC_Commander for the BFX assets.
-BattleBelk for "core.lvl" tool, Interface Rebuilder, Shell Rebuilder and Mission Rebuilder tools.
-Sereja for fixed Imperial Probe Droid and weapon models.
-Free Radical for the assets from Star Wars: Battlefront III.
-LucasArts for the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed assets.
-nick.dob for the DRK-1 Probe Droid model.
-EA/DICE for Rebel Helmet parts and some sound effects.
-Krome Studios for the Stormtrooper and some parts based off the 501st Stormtrooper.
-John Williams, Mark Griskey and Ben Burtt for their work on the sound of Star Wars.
-LucasArts, Rebellion Developments and Pandemic Studios for SWBF sound effects.
-No assets from Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) were used in the making of this mod.

If I've left anyone out, I apologise, but you have been a great help for getting this mod finished. So to those I didn't mention but did use assets, thank you.

LEGAL

THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, NOR IS IT ENDORSED BY, DISNEY, LUCASARTS OR PANDEMIC STUDIOS, AND IS MADE FOR FUN, NOT FOR PROFIT.

EVERYTHING, FROM SOUNDS TO MODELS, IS USED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF LUCASFILM BUT IS USED WITH RESPECT. BOTH MYSELF AND LUCASFILM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THE MOD REMOVED FROM ANY DOWNLOAD SERVICE IT IS AVAILABLE ON.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:

All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders. This mod is not endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, Lucasfilm LTD. or Electronic Arts.

FINAL WORD

Once again, thanks for playing![/spoiler]
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

This is pretty great so far - thanks for the release.  I've played it for a little bit today on a few IA maps and started the Clone Wars campaign and it is smooth.

I should inform you that GCW Naboo: Outpost is broken.  When I run it, the game crashes (actually on one incident crashed my entire PC - which triggered a totally unrelated issue of my broken Windows Update on startup).
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 26, 2017, 01:49:21 PM #2 Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:04:51 PM by Gistech
Quote from: The Phantom of Christmas Present on December 26, 2017, 01:47:12 PM
This is pretty great so far - thanks for the release.  I've played it for a little bit today on a few IA maps and started the Clone Wars campaign and it is smooth.

I should inform you that GCW Naboo: Outpost is broken.  When I run it, the game crashes (actually on one incident crashed my entire PC - which triggered a totally unrelated issue of my broken Windows Update on startup).

Thank you for letting me know - I must have done something to the LUA to make it crash.

EDIT: found it already: I left the 'dc:' call in the LUA. I've removed it and will update the mission.lvl.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Uploaded the patch which is in the main post. Updating the main file now.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Some little things I noticed -
I have played through some of the Clone Wars campaign, and at first I was upset with the difficulty - I can win most games on hard in the base game.  Yeah, it feels like I'm carrying the load for my AI, but you can generally win with a little effort.  At first, I complained to myself about the difficulty level - the weapons are not what I was used to, and the campaign seemed tilted against me. Try the Naboo Guards vs Droids on hard - you may whack your head off of a table like I almost did.
However, I came to appreciate the challenge, and then realized some of the small things that made a world of difference.  I don't know how many levels you edited the AI pathing in, but unless I'm losing it, you edited the AI pathing on Theed, and what a world of difference it made in just the few areas I saw it.  The differences in unit counts was also more representative of the first few battles should have been.  The Wookiees are tough.  If you face em down one on one, you probably won't win that on Islands.  I watched as I tried that and my 3 cps were overrun with Wookiees.  You need a plan.

One small issue - Is Count Dooku in the .lua for Islands historical?
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 30, 2017, 04:43:15 AM #5 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:45:27 AM by Gistech
I don't think I altered the pathing for any of the modified maps at all, so this is an interesting side-effect.

As for Kashyyyk Campaign, I had removed Dooku by mistake and he'll be restored in the next patch (which I'm hoping will have three more maps - Death Star: Interior, Tantive IV: Interior and Utapau: Sinkhole)
In Progress:

On Hold:

The new .exe you included (even with the patch) doesn't seem to recognize my battlefront disc, i have the fan favorites disc, no matter what i do it keeps asking to insert my disc to start the game, it doesnt happen with my original .exe though. Any way to fix this???
zealot

Quote from: zealot on December 30, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
The new .exe you included (even with the patch) doesn't seem to recognize my battlefront disc, i have the fan favorites disc, no matter what i do it keeps asking to insert my disc to start the game, it doesnt happen with my original .exe though. Any way to fix this???

That's interesting... is yours the CD version or the DVD version of the game? And can anybody who has the CD version tell me whether it works or not?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 30, 2017, 01:49:03 PM
That's interesting... is yours the CD version or the DVD version of the game? And can anybody who has the CD version tell me whether it works or not?

I have the original CD version and it works well, but hey Gistech do you know if you can try to make a standalone Incinerator trooper mod? i'm very obsessed with yours. And mine is kind of crappy.
My YouTube Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/R6GFL1993
Don't forget to subscribe, and like my videos!

Quote from: Gistech on December 30, 2017, 01:49:03 PM

the fan favorite disc that i have is DVD-ROM according to the box and the disc itself, dont know if thats the reason it didnt work or not.
zealot

Quote from: zealot on January 04, 2018, 05:17:45 PM
the fan favorite disc that i have is DVD-ROM according to the box and the disc itself, dont know if thats the reason it didnt work or not.

Yes, it would. The patch I made is for the CD version. Now I know, I might request you send me your executeable via PM and I'll make the changes to it.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I am having a problem with the models. I am able to launch up the maps and play them but they are not full models for me, they are half invisible & half visible making them look all glitched.
~Mike

Quote from: MikeTheBeast55 on January 05, 2018, 08:05:37 AM
I am having a problem with the models. I am able to launch up the maps and play them but they are not full models for me, they are half invisible & half visible making them look all glitched.

That's strange, as nobody else has had this issue so far... is there a specific map you're trying to play or is this happening on all of them? Can ypou provide a screenshot?
In Progress:

On Hold:

For me it is on every map with every single unit. Here are some pictures for you:
~Mike

That... is really strange.

By any chance are you using a custom common.lvl or any modified stock files beyond the ones included? It's the only thing I can think of.
In Progress:

On Hold: