Hi there BFII Community!

Started by Thor110, September 25, 2017, 06:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Having just joined, already made a topic and viewed the intro message, I felt I should do this part.

Hi there, I am Thor110.

Found this site looking for the best BFII mods, patches and maps.

Currently looking to create a mod package for BFII updating some old mods and adding some new features.

Seeking assistance towards doing so.

I studied Game Design and have worked with Unreal 2, 3 & .

Hoping the community can give me a helping hand, so I can avoid the long learning curve and if possible make a few changes that some people would already know how to make to the game in their sleep.

Thank You for reading.
Thor110
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" - Gray Fox

Welcome   :cheers:

You should also look into Gametoast.com as they have a lot of active SWBF2 modders.  (We have some good ones too, just not as many).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Welcome to SWBFGamers.com  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Thank you for the welcome and all the work you and any members of your community have put in to make this game great again!

I look forward to playing lots more Battlefront 2, definitely use to be one of my favourite games of all time, I use to play it online endlessly.

With mods, new maps and enhanced graphics, it is just astounding.

As you may have seen me mention in my other posts, I am looking to modify many of the maps / modifications around into one, flawless package of factions, maps and enhanced graphics.

I have compiled all of the mods I am using into a step by step compiled of the original files and mods so far.

Just need to learn how to tinker with some of them, unpack or repack lvl files, learn my way around the engine and its tools and generally just learn a bit.

My main focus, is to combine Evolved and the Cockpits View mod, perhaps adding a few specifics from the BF3 beta, such as the Droideka model and the Magna Guard.

Thor110

Hey! Welcome man  :D

If i have time i'll help you, also i saw your pm on moddb, i'll reply back soon  ;)
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

No rush on the reply, some great work you have been putting in, cannot wait to see what becomes of it all.

Perhaps if I can contribute, these changes could become part and parcel with your updated mod.

That of course would be down to you, I will actually sit down and wrap my head around the tools in the next few days.

Is it just you or do you have a small team working on your update / mod?

Thanks again for everyones time and work to make all of these thoughts a possibility, as well as keeping the community alive, when I started looking into it, I was very surprised to see such an active Battlefront II modding community as well as mods released in recent times.

Are you interested in the 2017 Halloween Mod Compettition?
Here's a link...http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116039;topicseen#new
WIP: Undead troopers side mod.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

Interesting, though I would guess that needs to be Halloween related? Or just have a scary setup?

I may be interested, but we will have to wait and see as I have a lot to figure out as it is before I run off making some over the top scary star wars themed mission with scary bottom sith ghosts popping out at you or something :p

Already got a pitch now I think about it though, that would go alongside my overall collection idea perfectly...

Korriban : Sith Temple
Halloween Special
Explore the Sith Temple from Korriban ( KotoR ) as a Jedi Padawan, use your force powers to deflect ghost mind control from Sith Spirits...

I think too much, you got me thinking, that could be cool.... now I just need to jump into making maps xD not feeling it right this second, worked with Unreal4 a fair bit, but long story short have only been back on a computer about 6 months after a year of being homeless, being away from a computer so long, I feel very lost trying to be creative or find myself something to work on anymore.

Thanks for the heads up, if I can bolster myself to be ready in time, I may very well enter with that concept or a similar such one :D

It can be any type of mod... Side, Sound, Map and lots more.
I need to get people interested in it because we need a fair amount of entries for the competition to go ahead. So far we have my mod and there's a guy called CC-1000 who seems interested in it. Please try and do something, and it does have to be spooky or Halloween related. :mf:

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

September 25, 2017, 11:51:21 AM #9 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:56:40 AM by Thor110
Hmm "Spooky" or "Halloween Related"

I am not really a Halloween person :p

If I can manage it alongside or ahead of what I am already planning I might try to do some kind of "Spooky" map themed around Sith Ghosts and Jedi Padawan in Training, could be cool.

I definitely plan to try and port the Korriban map from KotoR 1 & 2 into BF2.

I think they could make for some awesome maps with a bit of work.

Already had plans for Taris Upper, Lower, Middle, Cantina & Apartments, Sewers too now I think about it.

Battlefront 1/2
KotoR 1/2
And Republic Commando, which never got the sequel it deserved.

Some of my favourite games of all time and now a way to combine them :o and potentially spend my time sat around being creative again making content for people to enjoy :D I hope I can get into this and not lose interest like I do with a lot of things :p

Battlefront II needs bringing to the forefront, show EA/Dice where to stick there new Battlefront II :p

^ _ ^

:moo:

P.S: A question if anyone might know the answer, does anybody know how to edit the .profile files for BF2?
I obtained the completed profile from moddb, but it is just named Player 1, I was hoping to find out how to edit the name and allow others to do so too.

Good luck with what ever mod you are working on. Sith ghosts will do fine for the comp, just remember that it ends in about a month.

September 25, 2017, 12:09:52 PM #11 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:23:34 PM by Thor110
Some mad compilation of mods as well as hopefully some new maps, factions and graphical updates, wish me luck, I will need it.

Yeah, a month, not a whole lot of time, I have taken part in an Unreal Game Jam before, it can be stressful, in the meantime I will relax and try to get into making the assets I want to make for now and keep that as a side thought over the next few days.

If I can manage to make a map, I will start with the KotoR 2 Korriban map ahead of my own plans ( both for my own plans and for the competition ) it will definitely be for BF2

Sith Ghosts with Stealth and some form of explosive Mind Control animation should be relatively spooky :p but quite some work .

I love the idea now though, so very possible I might focus on this and let it lead my own plans.

However I have very little to no experience modding BF2 or making maps for it, so I really need to dive in if I want to make the competition, I will warn you though, chances are, I won't be able to make it in time.

Was thinking of using various sith characters, emperror, sith adept and such, giving them a transparent / red sith ghost like texture as well as the stealth power, from there it could have force lightning and a lightsaber for the jedi padawans, if the mind control vs force block ended up being a little difficult to enact.

Definitely achievable in a 35 day time limit, seeing as all the assets I need are pretty much already there, just need to make a custom side and some textures and maybe a custom map to go with it.

Thank you all for the swift welcome into the community.

Something the introductory message asked me to do was let everyone know what games I played and what sort of machine I am running.

Currently I don't really play much, I have found gaming has changed too much in recent years and that many games coming out do not peak my interest, the new Battlefront included.

But here are some games I do play
Rocket League
Subnautica - Just a shame they gave up on even thinking about adding multiplayer
Goldeneye Source
Call of Duty 4 : Galactic Warfare Mod I recently downloaded this alongside loads of mods for BF2 because I wanted to try it out also.

And of course
Battlefront 2

I use to play Star Wars The Old Republic, but I kind of got addicted to it which some what caused me to become homeless.

I recently reinstalled it, made 9 million credits, got bored, realised I couldn't spend them and then uninstalled it.

I am also running quite a powerful computer, at least, good enough for me.
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ
16GB's RAM
2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 750TI
Sound Card & Blu-Ray Drive, not that they really matter.
I also have a triple boot installation of Windows 7, Mac OSX Snow Leopard & Ubuntu, split across two solid state hard drives, one for Mac & Linux and one for Windows.

Again not really details anyone needs to know, the only reason the introductory message might tell me to do so is incase I have a problem and anyone needs to know my specs but hey ho, here I am, bored and typing away.

I must spare myself some time to actually sit down and follow these youtube tutorials on making a map.

Welcome to the site. I agree the original kotors are much better than the old Republic, I played it for a while but you eventually realise it's repeating the same thing for slightly better weapons. Also prefer the original battlefronts although I prefer number 1. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Why is it that everybody here seems to prefer BF1 so much?

With all the mods available for BF2 it seems pointless to play BF1, to me anyway.
Unless there are some things I am forgetting.

CdtFox's mod I believe will be adding prone back into the game I believe.
There is a mod for the cockpit views.
All the maps were ported.

There must be some feature of the first game I am forgetting about :P I must get another copy of it for PC sometime.

Welcome to the site!
The years just fly past, don't they?