Rebel Weapons Mod

Started by aeria., July 04, 2009, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 07, 2009, 12:51:02 AM #15 Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:51:56 AM by Satellite
Out of curiosity, what's the tri count for the AK-47?

The Thompson and Sten SMG's I made a while ago are in the 1.5-2.5K region... (probably far too high...)
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

The Ak47 is very basic so it's in the hundreds. I'm going to remake it from scratch with an even higher tri count. Maybe about 5000 tri at the end. Yes, I'm pushing the Zero Engine but I really don't care at this point. If it doesn't work, I'll make it 2-3K since one of my models worked just fine with that.

According to the art guide:

Props - 0 - 500 polys <- Closet Thing to Weapons
Buildings - 200 - 3000 polys
Vehicles - 1500 - 2000 polys
Characters - 1500 - 2000 polys

My RPG-7, which is pretty much done but having animation issues, is going up to 3K+. The framerate is still stable ingame so your model should be just fine.

SWBF was made when 512 memory was AMAZING. Today that isn't much, so going over the art guidelines shouldn't kill your game. After all, there's nothing wrong with experimentation, eh?

#TYBG

HAHA omg thats awesome.
DRAGONOV! These weapons are like the weapons real Rebels in the world use (like in Middle East, Africa, etc. )

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing Khyler. I'm recreating "rebel" weapons.

Also here's an update: there's gonna be two versions of the mod.

- One works online without others having the mod installed (like custom skins)
- The other is a full realism mod in the GCW era.

If anyone here knows how to munge custom sounds, I'm gonna need a tutorial. That would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, the dragunov is gonna take a long while. It's a lot more complicated of a weapon especially when it comes to making the scope.

#TYBG

Quote from: Khyler on July 07, 2009, 12:38:47 PM
HAHA omg thats awesome.
DRAGONOV! These weapons are like the weapons real Rebels in the world use (like in Middle East, Africa, etc. )

LOL! :rofl: Now we can i can play counterstrike on swbf! that would be so cool! :tu: :tu:

Newest one!

Haha I can't recreate Counter Strike on SWBF. There's too many limitations to be able to fully recreate it and still have its core gameplay.

#TYBG

you should make the realism mod another era, hey maybe you can even have new skins for the troopers

Quote from: MileHighGuy on July 07, 2009, 03:54:06 PM
you should make the realism mod another era, hey maybe you can even have new skins for the troopers

THAT WOULD BE SO COOOL! :tu: It sure would take a while though. :confused:

Newest one!

I'm probably gonna use the assets from Taivyx regarding player models and maybe the sniper rifle (I hate making the scope).

Of course I'll need his permission to do that.

#TYBG

Hey also another idea... Make it more tactical, and things like 1 hit kills and etc.
Just a suggestion.

Are you going to make actual bullets or are you just going to use yellow lasers and pass them off as being tracer rounds (or just not making a visible projectile at all)?
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

I'm gonna make actual bullets.

Also for Khlyer, it's going to be realistic. Don't worry about that.

#TYBG

HC is ACW???? WAT?!?!? :o
lol. looks sweet though. cant wait to see the finished product.

Thanks to vendetta for the sig!

July 12, 2009, 09:14:26 PM #28 Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:25:32 AM by Aeria Gloris
Just wanna let everyone know I'm still working on this mod and it's making progress. Screenshots will be posted later on.

The RWM is now in a closed beta stage!

If you'd like to try this mod before I release it, feel free to sign up to the closed beta. I feel that I need others to test the mod to ensure online capability and for suggestions on improving it. Of course, you will be credited for your work.

Here are the qualifications:

1. You MUST be aware that it is in beta stage. That means that it is not finished in any way or form.

2. You MUST be a real beta tester. That means you are willing to contribute and improve on the mod. This can be as small as reporting bugs found to something as big as suggesting changes you would make to the ODF files. The more you contribute, the more you are improving to the final stage of the RWM.

3. You will NOT distribute it to others. This is a CLOSED BETA. I wish I do not need to explain this.

That's it! Feel free to sign up by simply posting in this topic. I will choose ten people and I may allow more.
Beta spots left: 7

7/13/09
What's done:
AK47 (Minor changes will be made but it's pretty much done overall)
RPG-7 (Rockets not on the actual model, don't really care)
Makarov (Pistol, needs a higher res skin)
Toz (Shotty, this is my best model so far)
Clean cut of the skins (This takes a lot of skill and time)

What's left:

Dragunov (I'm doing this last since I'm having a hard time on it)
Crossbow Replacement (Might leave this alone)
Grenade Launcher (Might make an AK47 w/ Grenade Launcher attachment)
Frag Grenade (May leave this alone)
Realistic Bullets (Don't know much about ordance odf files so this will take a while)
Tactical Weapon Values (This is a separate version of the mod and will be done AFTER everything above is finished.)

#TYBG

I test it if you would like.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time