Type: Character/Weapon Conversion
This contains: all.lvl and imp.lvl
Compatible with: SWBF1
Download Size: 53.91 MB
How long this took me: 2 weeks
Program used: BFBuilder/BFBuilderPro/BF2 Mod Tools
Contact: Xfire is cljcommando email is cljcommando@gmail.com
Pics: None right now, sorry but it's awesome :D
Description: This is a mod of converted SWBF2 shipped units and mods made by SWBF2 modders. It has things like Clone Commander, Boba Fett, Aqualish, Clone Assassin, KotOR Mando, clone Sky Corps, etc.
Download Link(s):
.RAR File Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dwco3moqyhf
.ZIP File Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?izdevnmtlox
Credits:
Vyse for Vibrosword, Ande for rifle and Aqualish, Darth D.U.C.K. for the Arkanian Blaster, kinetosimpetus for the Sky Corps and the BX Commando Droid, Pinguin/DarthD.U.C.K./ARC_Commander for the Clone Assassin, RogueKnight for the DP-23, Gogie for the Mando, me for the shotgun (No modeling used), Jango for teaching me to mod, Snake for teaching me more advanced modding, Pandemic for the shipped units that were converted, Snake for also suggesting the mod, AaTc for being the best clan ever and supporting me and helping me finish, and me for the conversion of all things in this mod from SWBF2 to SWBF1.
Special thanks to Pandemic for making this all possible, LucasArts for making Star Wars stuff, Jesus for making life, And all MPCer's for their support and awesomeness.
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever

:rant:

Downloaded with excitement and anticipation only to get:

An error occurred attempting to expand Fett's SWBF2 Mod.rar

The structure of the archive is damaged

Tried to extract with multiple programs all with the same result. Also tried to re-downloading twice with same result. It appears to be the
all.lvl file as the rest is extracted with no problems.

FYI.

Excitement and anticipation now on hold.    :dry:

Looking very forward to trying this!
MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!

Quote from: AaTcFett on March 22, 2010, 03:32:03 PMCredits: Go to EVERYONE on GT and MPCGamers. There are countless people involved so I won't name them all since I'm short on time right now.
It's kind of galling that you say it takes too much effort or too much time to type out a list of names when you're freely using work that other people have spent legitimate amounts of time on (certainly more than writing a name).

I agree with Mav. You *must* give credit where credit is due.  You wouldn't like it if someone made use of all of your work and just gave a generic "thanks" to everyone on planet Earth would you?

Also, upload pics. Most people tend not to download any mod/map without some pics to entice them first.  Going the extra mile at the publishing stage of your mod is worth it - no point in spending time doing all of that work and then not doing the proper "marketing" to excite your potential audience.

Ok alientek sorry about that..Hmmm I'll try to fix and reupload it.  :shrug:
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever

No problem. It happens. Probably just need to compress that folder again.

I re-uploaded it as a .zip file this time instead of a .rar file maybe it will work better. I will add a little more detailed credits when I'm not
Quote from: AaTcFett
short on time
as I said in the first message so please leave me alone and I will finish everything via the Modify button and/or make another post. Thanks!
=AaTc= Forever

March 23, 2010, 02:58:48 PM #7 Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:04:45 PM by Maveritchell
Quote from: AaTcFett on March 23, 2010, 02:36:54 PM
I re-uploaded it as a .zip file this time instead of a .rar file maybe it will work better. I will add a little more detailed credits when I'm not as I said in the first message so please leave me alone and I will finish everything via the Modify button and/or make another post. Thanks!
Short on time doesn't fly - that was my point. You're obviously not too short on time to make a post in a topic, or upload a file, or even too short on time to upload it AGAIN in a different format, and you obviously weren't too short on time to:

1) Download an asset
2) Add an asset to a mod
3) Compile that mod

...but when it comes to the matter of saying "thanks" by just writing a name you are "short on time." My point was that you had plenty of time, you just decided that getting your mod done, posted, and uploaded was much more important than the tiny bit of effort to say "thanks."

It would be like someone giving you a gift - let's say a car - and all they ask is for you to call them and tell them if it's ok. You call them a couple days after you get it and say "oh sorry for not calling you, I was too busy driving around in the car you gave me to make a telephone call."

My point is that before you release anything you should probably make the minimal time investment of actually giving credit where it's due. Anything less is really disrespectful.

Ok listen, #1 please stop posting I'm just releasing a mod I don't care if you download it or not. #2 when I made this topic I had only 3 minutes and I had about 1 minute to post this topic. #2 I downloaded the assets and did the actual modding last week and the week before that. *Notice the time it took me = 2 weeks*  And #3 there are probably 20 people if not more involved with the stuff in the mod, I would have to research them all to make sure I got them right and then post which would take about 30-40 minutes. If I have more time tomorrow or tonight I might do that.
=AaTc= Forever

Quote from: AaTcFett on March 23, 2010, 03:12:36 PM
Ok listen, #1 please stop posting I'm just releasing a mod I don't care if you download it or not. #2 when I made this topic I had only 3 minutes and I had about 1 minute to post this topic. #2 I downloaded the assets and did the actual modding last week and the week before that. *Notice the time it took me = 2 weeks*  And #3 there are probably 20 people if not more involved with the stuff in the mod, I would have to research them all to make sure I got them right and then post which would take about 30-40 minutes. If I have more time tomorrow or tonight I might do that.

Well then if you were so short on time, I think releasing it another day when you had all credit properly adressed done would be good. Also, don't tell Maveritchell to stop posting, he's trying to be helpful to make sure you dpn't make the same mistake, cause some asset makers ccan get your file taken down if you forget to give credit.

March 23, 2010, 03:28:25 PM #10 Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:30:15 PM by Maveritchell
I don't want to beat this into the ground, but you missed my point again.
Quote from: AaTcFett on March 23, 2010, 03:12:36 PMI downloaded the assets and did the actual modding last week and the week before that. *Notice the time it took me = 2 weeks*
It took you two weeks to make this.
Quote from: AaTcFett on March 23, 2010, 03:12:36 PMI would have to research them all to make sure I got them right and then post which would take about 30-40 minutes.
It might take you half an hour to get the names right.

So was there no time at all in that two weeks during which you were using the assets that you couldn't have gotten the names right? My point is that your priorities are wrong. If you're going to use something someone is freely giving out, get the name right first and then use the asset. What your behavior shows is that you think it's more important to do what you want than it is to say "thank you."

There's nothing you can do about it now except for getting the credits right, and maybe saying "oh gee sorry you're right, that was a bit of a jerk move on my part." I'm not trying to beat this into you to be a jerk, but consider - if they were your assets, you'd want to be given proper credit. Do unto others as you would have them... etc.

A good plan of action to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future would be to compile your credits list as you go along. Not only does it ensure that you don't make a faux pas like this, but it will save you time in the end, because you won't have to scramble to remember whose assets you're using and where they came from.

Everyone just relax, what they have asked you is perfectly fine, and they have no reason not to post it. You need to give credit where it is due and need to wait to release it if you don't have the time to make up the proper credits. Now being that you did not when you did release it you can add the credits as soon as you can and there is no problem.

Please remember to respect all members and do not throw around personal attacks, thanks.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Extracted just fine.

Thanks for your contribution, and the contribution of the other modders.

Now off to try it out and play a few rounds. After all, isn't that why we all come here?

:D

Yeah I thought about doing it another day but I thought I could just make the topic and do the long stuff later. Hope you have fun on the mod! It was fun making it.  :moo:
=AaTc= Forever

March 23, 2010, 11:33:03 PM #14 Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:59:06 PM by xfire keenmike
I learn every time I visit this site. Thanks to all here.