zombie mods discussion

Started by Phobos, July 08, 2013, 08:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Why do you think the SWBF1 community is suddenly much more interested in zombie mods? There are so many zombie mods being developed now for this game these days than ever before. I am looking forward to playing more of these and hope the interest continues to grow for swbf zombie mods.

I've noticed that zombie movies and things of that nature have become widely popular within these past couple of years in America. I'm not sure about other countries, but I assume the whole zombie concept is becoming popular in other places, too.

I don't know about you guys, but I personally think that most things that are zombie-themed are exciting. Keep up the good work! I love the zombie mods.  :whip:

It's something new and different. At least in the SWBFI community.

I don't think it's just SWBF, a lot of games have Zombie mods/ spin offs now. I think they've become more popular after COD did zombie maps and shows like the walking dead made zombie's more 'mainstream'. As long as they don't make up all the releases here and they are a reasonable quality zombie maps are good fun to have around.
Also zombies are good reason to have survival or horde based gameplay so they have a use for background stories.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

But not only zombie maps. It's always good to have nice conquest based maps. But with something new and fun. :)

What if we had a campaign like the walking dead? That would be epic!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on July 08, 2013, 08:58:37 AM
What if we had a campaign like the walking dead? That would be epic!
build the necessary maps and unit models and we can try!

Seems, I can't say about possible reasons of the popularity of "zombie" theme in movies and tv, without start talking about some weird and terrible conspiracy things...  :blink:
Actualy, I like made beauty maps, and stay far from such horror things. I mess with zombies, because of several released mods and requests. It was enough to even turns my character, in something similar to zombie, and put a lot of them in my test map...
If things goes this way, I may have no other choise, and create my own realy scary zombie map...
But, anyway, I still try to hold my "beauty power" force, in to the light side... :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

:shrug:  It's not that new people has been tring to make zombie mods for a while but someone (i don't know who but) has finally done it but its like a year old kinda new and kinda old  :confused:

Quote from: Noob on July 08, 2013, 11:35:23 AM
:shrug:  It's not that new people has been tring to make zombie mods for a while but someone (i don't know who but) has finally done it but its like a year old kinda new and kinda old  :confused:
which mod are you referring to?

I don't think it's really the idea of "zombies," but rather it's the idea of a last-man-standing scenario and kicking  :censored: and going out with a bang  :D. At least, that's how it is for me.