Battlefront: Last Hope WIP

Started by Delta327, September 22, 2016, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 11, 2017, 09:07:23 AM #45 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:28:27 AM by Delta327
Quote from: Drakov64 on March 11, 2017, 06:46:22 AM
Hello Delta, I have a few questions about your newer mod as a dedicated Battlefront 2 player (but not modder)

1) When are you planning on releasing a beta version of the whole/a part of the mod?

2) Are you planning to add content while leaving the original game's gameplay unmodified? (like leaving the overall TTK as it is in the vanilla version, not adding an ammo counter to vehicles classes that didn't have one in the vanilla version...) which IMO would be better

3) Are you planning to add, along with the current eras you wish to add in your mod, other eras like Dark Times, the newer trilogy, New Republic eras?

Those are just questions, to know if you have an accurate sight of the start and end of your mod, or if it will deal with further evolutions, and if it is worth it for me to keep an eye it

Anyway, when I learnt about this one I was more hyped than I was for the announcement od Dice's battlefront. This is my childhood's dream to play those eras in battlefront, with their very own identities, like you shown on your last pic :)
And if you want some ideas for the Clone Wars era, you can try to satisfy your SW's fan thirst by adding a full custom Thule map :D
Though as it is your first steps as a modder I doubt you'd be able to create this kind of map ^^

1. I dont know when the beta version will be released

2.yes i will still have the original gameplay from bf2

3.yes i will only go as far as the legacy era.

I might add a thule map along with the mod
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Okay, thank you for your quick answer !

That answers my qeustions, thanks :)

For Thule...Man, if you manage to make it a battle as cool as one The Clone Wars, 2002, then you're my SWBF2 modding god **

Day one for the beta release of your mod, anywa already following it on Moddb

March 11, 2017, 05:09:55 PM #47 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:11:36 PM by Delta327
Ok Thanks i will let you be a beta tester. I might be adding some clone wars models form the 2002 series.

The thule map i might look a the game examples from star wars clone wars game with the tanks.

Sepan System: Desert Planet
Screens

The map layout is finished i will update the screens soon
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Thank you alot ! Will be a pleasure to help you tracking down bugs before full release.

Will you add custom models to it like the Prax's Dreadnaught and Protodeka? Anyway you can have an example from the Battlefront Zero mod, which adds many maps and new assets from the clone wars extended universe, the Thule map was nicely done on it, if you want to have a look.

I also viewed a video of your custom Boz Pity Plains map. Really nice one, but if you can take AT-XT assets from +123 mod for main and secondary weapons...

Anyway you're doing a great job, keep it up ^^

March 12, 2017, 12:46:18 PM #49 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:53:03 PM by Delta327
Quote from: Drakov64 on March 12, 2017, 06:49:41 AM
Thank you alot ! Will be a pleasure to help you tracking down bugs before full release.

Will you add custom models to it like the Prax's Dreadnaught and Protodeka? Anyway you can have an example from the Battlefront Zero mod, which adds many maps and new assets from the clone wars extended universe, the Thule map was nicely done on it, if you want to have a look.

I also viewed a video of your custom Boz Pity Plains map. Really nice one, but if you can take AT-XT assets from +123 mod for main and secondary weapons...

Anyway you're doing a great job, keep it up ^^

I have a better version of boz pity map but the eras will crash because of all the work i put into the map.

Do you have any other map ideas? Just PM me if you have a list of them.
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

You have an idea of exactly why it would crash?

Quote from: Drakov64 on March 12, 2017, 12:49:21 PM
You have an idea of exactly why it would crash?
I know i was just telling you that i have a beter version of that. :tu:
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Mh that's okay :D

Have you received my PM?

Hey its been ahwile guys ive got some news on my mod some of the maps will not be included and i will still be working on it i havent lately will continue with the mod though.
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Update for Bespin: Sky Battle new map layout with the bf1 Bespin: Platforms

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Felucia: Deep Swamp
-the namd abandoned bunker was not fiting for the map.
-and this map turned out way better.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

September 03, 2017, 06:26:40 AM #56 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:40:25 AM by Drakov64
Hello, I'm still following the mod since last year and was able to try the first map you released (CW & GCW only :'( )

So, few suggestions and bug reports...

Suggestions :

-Why not keeping standard droid blaster rifle sound instead of the one you use? The standard one sounds more natural and Battlefront
-The map feels empty, you should add more fixed items like bonus droids or turrets, even cloud cars, or more ships to most platforms, noticeably those handing LAATs and droid transports
-You should reduce names size. 'cause "Variable Geometry Self-propeled B1 Droid Bomber" is like a bit too long...
-Names you given your soldiers are cool, though don't allow to quickly understand which class we're going to select. "Clone Sharpshooter" is more readable than "327th Battalion clone sharpshooter", though at least it's Star Wars lore respecting
-V-Wing is OP as hell, though now it's useful as a starfighter. You should bring the balance to the Force, to it...
-You made Hyena slow. Make it harsh to destroy, as it is mostly an easy target in the air.
-If your skill allows you, add some animations in the sky, like droid and jedi starfighters if you know what I mean
-Specific to this map, maybe you could add personnal heroes starfighters? Like a ETA-2 class blue paint-schemed jedi starfighter for Aayla or a blue paint-schemed delta class jedi starfighter for Barriss?
-CIS lacks the droideka, though it's the unit that makes them quite unique in term of gameplay

Bugs :

-Dooku, Grievous and Aayla lightsabers deal no damage, and do not hit at all
-In GCW, jump only uses an animation, but does not propulse you in the air and deals damage to your character.
-Many missing sounds (lightsabers, starfighters...)
-In starfighters (most noticeably Hyena and Arc-170), camera heads front right inside the vehicle instead of staying a bit back it
-With some units, you can't change back to another weapon. For example with clone engineer, I can't change back from fusion cutter to blaster carbine, it becomes a problem quickly...

Nice things :

-Arc-170 now has usable rear turret. Thank you bro.
-Trade Fed frigate behind the battlefield, with wich you can interact. There's a problem preventing to see it from a further range, but that's a cool thing.
-Barriss Offee
-AA turrets now serve as AA turret, as opposed to the Conversion Pack ones

Looking forward for much more content of this mod to play and test :)

Update on Bespin: Sky Battle

Naboo: Battle for the Plains
   Screens:

PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A