Execution at Geonosis: Multiplayer Edition

Started by SchTicK, March 19, 2010, 05:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 19, 2010, 05:29:41 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:08:32 AM by Buckler
That's right, Napseekers well thought out Execution at Geonosis Multiplayer Edition.

Some units you can play as; Jango Fett, General Grievous, Count Dooku, Shaak-Ti, Battledroid C3PO (this unit is awesome), just to name a few new characters.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=271

For EaG MPE, I have altered the teams in order to pick units that are balanced well against the other team even if it means the teams are not accurate to the movie. Most of the units have also been enhanced (more ammo, different weapons, move faster, fewer weaknesses, etc) so that they are a little less reliant on help from teammates. The CIS units especially have been given weapons/abilities to help them better kill Jedi who can deflect their shots. See the character list below for a list of some of those changes.

Both teams have equal reinforcements and equal number of units on the map at once (unlike in the regular EaG); neither team has an allied locals team.
     Napseeker

March 19, 2010, 05:56:19 PM #1 Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:34:55 PM by Jedikiller
:)
Terrific!
I'll add it to the list. Thanks SchTicK!

March 19, 2010, 07:29:45 PM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:34:45 PM by Jedikiller
I just noticed something. The spelling "Genosis" in the subject header is incorrect, it should be "Geonosis".  Just a FYI as I think it's spelled Genosis in both postings (the standard edition and MPE).

The "N" in "Napseeker" is for nitpicky.  :D

lol, fixed

Thanks very much for uploading these, SchTicK! :D

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Napseeker on March 19, 2010, 07:29:45 PM
I just noticed something. The spelling "Genosis" in the subject header is incorrect, it should be "Geonosis".  Just a FYI as I think it's spelled Genosis in both postings (the standard edition and MPE).

The "N" in "Napseeker" is for nitpicky.  :D

Lol and i thought my grammer and stuff was bad XD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Sry Napseeker, thanks for the fix JK, and your grammar is bad DV but we love your Dutch grammar.

Having gotten a chance to play EaG:MPE earlier today, I'm going to lay down some criticism of my own mod... I kind of rushed through this one when I first released it and now that I've had a bit of time to play it, I can see some annoying flaws that I will want to rectify in a future update.  Maybe the issues aren't so bad when only humans are playing, but I did want to still make MPE a decent game for single players too (like me!)

MPE2 (CW era): the CIS team seems to be the overall stronger than the REPs. I think I may need to do something here to give the REP side a bit more firepower, it's easier for them to get overwhelmed it feels.
MPE2 (GCW era): okay I think I made a big mistake here. That Tusken Raider unit should not be the infantry class; he can't capture CPs and his rifle fires pretty slow. Compared to the other team's training clone unit, it's not a fair balance. I'd have been better off making Battledroid C3PO as the main infantry unit since he is more equal to the other team's infantry and he can capture CPs. 

The maps which have the STAAP - it's been pointed out ages ago that if you're a jedi and riding it with the saber deflect on, you more or less become invulnerable.  I've noticed that even if you're just a normal unit, riding on the STAAP seems to make you protected from the geonosis turret's attack - you don't die even if your health goes to zero. Crap. That's not good.

Will add more to this list of problems as I continue to beta test this over the coming months. Just want folks to know that I'm aware of the game design issues and would like to fix them down the road.  You see any problems as well, please put them in this thread for me to take note of, thanks!

are there assets released for this? i could use this map for my new project.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Quote from: Napseeker on March 20, 2010, 09:16:40 PM
Having gotten a chance to play EaG:MPE earlier today, I'm going to lay down some criticism of my own mod...

Ah man, your too hard on yourself but that's why you make the best mods. ;)

Quote from: Jango on March 27, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
are there assets released for this? i could use this map for my new project.

There aren't but some of the assets (outside of mine) are available over at GameToast in very usable forms.
- Shaak-Ti, Luminara are in one of the large asset releases (I don't know the link but just ask for it in the requests thread)
- I recall someone released a dual-pistol wielding Jango Fett a few months back which I suspect is probably better than my version; I'm also 70% certain someone released a helmetless clonetrooper over there too.
- MandeRek just released some excellent units: Kit Fisto, Plo Koon (which I'll use in my next EaG release if I ever find the time), and updated Mace Windu
- the giant arena prop is from the Clone Wars game assets (again, these should be over at GT)

Oh if you like my map as is, you are always free to write a mission map for it of course. Hey I do it all the time for other people's maps, why doesn't anyone want to do it for one of my maps?  :'(

My next public release in a few weeks will be the Buzz droid model from my Battle of Coruscant map (since I've gotten two requests for this one and I don't think I'm going to try to improve the model in the future, so I am going to put it out into the cold, cruel world...!)

Oh and thanks SchTick...  :tu: