*RELEASE* Raka's Adventure Beta

Started by Breakdown, March 07, 2010, 09:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Unfortunately, the map crashes instantly for me.

Quote from: xshat on March 11, 2010, 12:45:21 PM
Unfortunately, the map crashes instantly for me.

Either you have a really low end computer or you deleted some file, because I don't thinkit's happened to anyone else.

Hi BD,
I haven't forgotten, but I've been feeling ill lately so I haven't thoroughly tested it out yet.
I tried it once, and it seems like it will be fun locating the four energizer things.
I'll give some feedback after I feel better and try it out more.

March 12, 2010, 01:36:45 PM #18 Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:00:48 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: Breakdown on March 11, 2010, 06:56:09 PM
Either you have a really low end computer or you deleted some file, because I don't thinkit's happened to anyone else.
Or, you just don't know how to munge.

Please read the ReadMe.

Quote from: README
Also, note this doesn't work in MP, sorry.

As for SP, try lowering all the settings.

Comments on good and bad things:

Bad things:
-bd....i'v been taking a serious look at the map now i have some time. when i enterd the castle (atleast what it looked liked) i had to glich whit my taun taun to get in... maybe a open door will be better for this

-when i was in the castle i went exploring the upperlvls however i fell into the depps and saw this:

a lot of buildings under the normal lvl (maybe good idea to take that away)

-in the square place there is this big chappel thing...and on there there are things to stand on i'd like to know how to get there.

-Also at the enamy Cp that can be captured there is or a glich or something els because every entrance i come it seems like that place is some sort of iland however you can still walk on it (not a problem for me but it seems strange)

Not good not bad:
- Taun tauns dont die underwater

-Those tentical things get you when your behind the wall

-Pritty irratated this one...all the bots are gettering in the square...

Awesome things!

-Those little bridges accros the rivers

-The awesome ruins and things like this:

-The really large and all walkable map whit taun tauns XD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

March 13, 2010, 08:44:29 AM #21 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:49:04 AM by Breakdown
Thank you for your feeback Verik, it's what I really appreciate when I release a map!

The entrance to the castle should be on the other side you enter, there should be two staircases leading up from it, and it is is reddiosh brown in color. Unless you are referring to how to get into the actual castle, not just the main area inside the walls. In that case, there's a tunnell on the west side leading into it.

The floating buildings under the terrain I can't help. In Zero Editor, whenever I try to delete an object,  it ends up deleting that object and 5 others it seems.

Example, I accidentally place a tower where I didn't need it. If I delete it, then three of my most carefully placed walls inthe maze will dissapear, and 2 of the CP's will dissapear (it's happened to me), so instead I just move the unwanted object under the terrain, where nobody should be bothered by it.

The 'chapel thing' is where the CP for that area is, if you are referring to the arch with the bridges going up to it. Just look around the city area and you'll begin to piece together how to get up there, *hint* it involves platforming similar to the lake.

Quote-Also at the enamy Cp that can be captured there is or a glich or something els because every entrance i come it seems like that place is some sort of iland however you can still walk on it (not a problem for me but it seems strange)

Could you get a screenshot of this? I don't understand what you mean.

The glitch where Taun Tauns can get underwater is annyoing, and can ruin the challenge for some parts of the map. I'm working on trying to get rid of that glitch but not sure how I can at the moment

As for the tenticles, well then just don't go up to the wall next to them.

SWBF AI is seriously retarded, I have no idea why they always gather to one spot, I've tried using bot paths but they just all go to the square. Next version will hopefulyl have this fixed.

Thanks for the other compliments, but could you tell me where that last screenshot is? I recall I deleted all those tunells leading throug the mountain? (temporarily, it's still under construction)

last screenshot just just next to the enamy Cp, and ill upload the other screenshots later...for now im owning some noobs *not looking at unit33*

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Its a damn good map BD.
I just got bored.
Doesn't mean its not good, its just really long. not my kinda thing, but i can see how it is to others
excellent job bd

This map is awsome. Great job with the scenery-i love the lake challenge and the mountains are fantastic.  I took like a kazillion screenshots while playing, but i dont know how to post them.  And the taun tauns also die for me after a short period of time.  Also, not all of the bots run to the square.  About 10 head to the lake, and they all push each other in. swbf ai are very retarded indeed. 
Notes:
-I couldnt figure out how to get to the arch in the city.
-When i got inside the castle (love the tunel) i was running down some stairs when i fell halfway through the floor and died.
-The river part is hard >:(
-Maze is uber laggy (whats up with the tentacles?)
-I love the mountains, but the taun tauns dont die of the falls, which makes it a little unrealistic.
Overall Great Job :tu:

The map is done in my book. I like the compact claustrophobic passages the best then second the jumping to get some where. And last the maze is cool once you know the tentacles are passable.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Later tonight I'll record some walkthrough vids of how to do the city objective and the castle one.

It looks nice, Breakdown - I can't play it, but from the images posted here it looks like you were pretty creative. Some of the prop objects could have used a retexture (Naboo objects specifically), but the design itself looks pretty solid - and kudos for taking a real stab at a mission map in SWBF1 without Lua scripting!

Quote from: Breakdown on March 07, 2010, 09:06:50 PMMaveritchell - inspiration for the map with his Vace Thermill missions
in SWBF2.

I don't know if you have SWBF2, but if you do, and the above is the case, you might want to try out my Spira: Besaid - the Vace Thermill missions are much less reminiscent of what you have here. Spira is much closer in that it is a fantasy adventure spread out over a single map with platforming elements.

Quote from: Maveritchell on March 13, 2010, 09:41:59 PM
It looks nice, Breakdown - I can't play it, but from the images posted here it looks like you were pretty creative. Some of the prop objects could have used a retexture (Naboo objects specifically), but the design itself looks pretty solid - and kudos for taking a real stab at a mission map in SWBF1 without Lua scripting!

I don't know if you have SWBF2, but if you do, and the above is the case, you might want to try out my Spira: Besaid - the Vace Thermill missions are much less reminiscent of what you have here. Spira is much closer in that it is a fantasy adventure spread out over a single map with platforming elements.

Thank you for your comments, too bad you can't actually play it, but I guess screenshots will just have to do.

I'm downloading Spira right now :)

Well i just took another look at the map, except i was using sides from the atf chaos mod so i could see all the scenery :P
For the tunel that leads under the moat to the castle, there is a section with no roof that extends out into the middle of the water.  I dont know if this was intentional or not but it just seems a little weird.