Started by Phobos, July 14, 2013, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 14, 2013, 02:24:39 PM Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:15:54 AM by Phobos
100% Complete SWBF1 Common & Shell Builders
http://tiny.cc/perfectbuilders

Quote100% Complete Common.lvl Builder for SWBF1.2
By Phobos July 2013
------------------------------------------
*To be featured in LVL Builders Toolbox V5.

This is the first complete common.lvl builder ever released for SWBF1 modding. Every stock LUA script for BF1.2 is included. The munge and clean batch files are updated. Support included for munging all custom files without having to modify anything in Data folder. Also the munged LVL is now saved directly to _LVL_PC folder.

- All files in the Data folder are set to read-only by default. Files copied into custom need to have read-only disabled to modify them, or you can disable read-only for Data folder if you prefer.
- Make changes to common.req in Custom\Common folder to call on new files (i.e. reticule_mortar, ifs_cloudcity, etc.)
- Modify LUA scripts directly in the Custom\Common\LUA folder, Munge.bat takes care of the rest.
- The source LUA for all scripts are included in Custom LUA folder, a backup copy is stored in Data LUA.
- Additional scripts may be called upon by adding them to the req and adding a ScriptCB_Dofile command to the top of ifs_pausemenu.lua (or in the game_interface.LUA), and can be placed in the Custom\Common\LUA\Custom folder if preferred.
Example: ScriptCB_DoFile("ifs_cloudcity")
- Included is a 7z with all the stock msh source for common.lvl animations. These should be munged seperately.
- Exact same size when munged as stock common.lvl

Credits:
Phobos for common builder
BattleBelk for interface tool and 010 editor scripts
Psych0fred for releasing LUA scripts

Special thanks to Tirpider and Dark Phantom for helping with LUA reconstruction

Quote100% Complete Shell.lvl Builder for SWBF1.2
By Phobos July 2013
------------------------------------------
*To be featured in LVL Builders Toolbox V5.

Information:
This is the first complete shell.lvl builder ever released for SWBF1 modding. Every stock LUA script for BF1.2 is included. Thanks to psych0fred this builder is now 100% complete with all MSH source files too. The munge and clean batch files are updated. Support included for munging all custom files without having to modify anything in Data folder. Also the munged LVL is now saved directly to _LVL_PC folder.

- Copy the TGAs you want to modify from data\shell\msh into custom\shell\msh.
- All files in the Data folder are set to read-only by default. Files copied into custom need to have read-only disabled to modify them, or you can disable read-only for Data folder if you prefer.
- Make changes to shell.req in Custom\Shell folder to call on new files, Data\shell.req is a backup copy.
- Modify LUA scripts directly in the Custom\Shell\LUA folder, Munge.bat takes care of the rest.
- The source LUA for all scripts are included in Custom LUA folder, a backup copy is stored in Data LUA.
- Additional scripts may be called upon by adding them to the req and adding a ScriptCB_Dofile command to shell_interface.LUA, and can be placed in the Custom\Common\LUA\Custom folder if preferred.
- Also included is ifs_mp_sessionlist.LUA for SWBF v1.0 courtesy of psych0fred. To munge this just extract the 1.0 LUA and replace the script in Custom\Shell\LUA.

Credits:
Phobos for shell builder
BattleBelk for 010 editor scripts
Psych0fred for LUA scripts and MSH assets

Special thanks to Tirpider and Dark Phantom for helping with LUA reconstruction

Wow, so toolbox 5 is coming soon huh? I might actually wait for that before I release elite crops. Also thank you so much for the common files! Im working on an orbital strike type weapon for battlefront 2, so this helps me!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Now the power of the force is in YOUR hands.
If I was on Twitter (I am not), I would put #epicness.  The perfect tool for SWBF1 Modders. 
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: 411Remnant on July 14, 2013, 02:34:36 PM
Wow, so toolbox 5 is coming soon huh? I might actually wait for that before I release elite crops. Also thank you so much for the common files! Im working on an orbital strike type weapon for battlefront 2, so this helps me!
I'm not sure how soon that will be since I have not bothered to update the core load or FPM builders yet but these two are the main builders you will want to have regardless. The shell builder has a lot of unexplored potential for campaign and galactic conquest mods.

Cool.
I dig the lvl builders, though I haven't put them to a lot of use lately.
Having complete un-munged sources helps a lot.

Very nice! Eventually I'll get back into modding small things like common and sides again. Maybe even shell thanks to this!

I just wanted to point out some known munge bugs I have seen with various LVL builders (including shell and common). If an LVL is munging much smaller than it should, and you know the files aren't bugged then run clean.bat, then go into this folder (for shell builder)
_BUILD_PC\Data\Shell\munged

if you see any files like *.texture then delete them, and it should munge normally again. sometiles files get bugged from munging and do not get removed from clean.bat so check this folder if you're having problems munging lvls

It's sad ome ungrateful troll decided to lame this mod release. That being said I will never release toolbox v5 to the public due to the fact haters are still insulting my contributions here after all these years. The current download link for these and future mod tools can be obtained by PMing me.

I'm having an issue creating a new logo screen with the Shell.lvl tool. I have my custom ones in Cutsom/MSH, everything munges fine, but it skips those screens in game because it clearly is not reading them from shell.lvl.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Phobos on August 29, 2013, 04:25:54 AM
It's sad ome ungrateful troll decided to lame this mod release. That being said I will never release toolbox v5 to the public due to the fact haters are still insulting my contributions here after all these years.

Sad. I find you to be one of the most helpful people around here :)

Haters will hate. If your tool(s) help even 1 person, tbh that makes them well worth the effort put into them!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

June 28, 2016, 12:15:24 AM #11 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:18:32 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Ascertes on June 24, 2016, 01:06:55 PM
Sad. I find you to be one of the most helpful people around here :)

Haters will hate. If your tool(s) help even 1 person, tbh that makes them well worth the effort put into them!
Yeah they will, thanks for the support. Basically the toolbox is mostly obsolete now that all the builders for v5 are being included in ZeroBuilder which could be ready by 2017. This will update all the modding tools in 1 giant pack. BFBuilder and all the newer LVL builders will be featured along with mini-munger tools, and many tutorials included. Several of the advanced modders group board members are working on this project. The main zerobuilder thread is here (limited access) -> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8850.0
and here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7326

Ultimate Sound builder tutorial will also be finished -> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5813.0

also the download link is re-added to main post

Has anybody experimented with getting cut content/menu features back into the PC game? I remember Auto Aim, for instance, being an option on the PS2 version but it's not in the PC version. I've managed to get it back in to the game but it doesn't seem to behave 100% the way it does in the PS2 version.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on July 07, 2016, 01:56:47 AM
Has anybody experimented with getting cut content/menu features back into the PC game? I remember Auto Aim, for instance, being an option on the PS2 version but it's not in the PC version. I've managed to get it back in to the game but it doesn't seem to behave 100% the way it does in the PS2 version.
What types of stuff are you looking for?  I've tried messing with the AutoAim in PC but it doesn't seem to do much for the player.  For some reason I still have it switched "On" in one of my shells.  I don't know if it would impact someone who is actually using AutoAim or not.  The catapult on Endor has befuddled me for a while, but the rolling logs are super fun to use with their "simple" physics system.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.