[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry for being absent for a very long time. To be honest, I lost the will to mod and I uninstalled both SWBF and the mod tools (although I kept backups of the latter in case I wanted to come back).

This project itself is not going to be the same as it was. To copy-paste my post from GameToast:

Hey, after a really long time not modding, I've suddenly found the drive to get myself back into modding again.

I'm going to be reopening my "Expansion" project, with several adjustments to it this time. I think I burned out last time for two reasons - one: I was putting too much pressure on myself, and two: I was trying to keep up with other people, like jdee-barc, who has made leaps and bounds beyond anything I have done with my own mods.

I've made a clean install of Battlefront to make this mod work this time. Everything just became way too cluttered.

Expansion Lite will be a much more compact version of my original Expansion project.

I can't make promises about what will be in this mod just yet, although I intend to keep the last layout I had for my units. I won't be including any new SFX, and I won't be attempting to mod many of the shipped maps, although I want to keep my Bespin, Kashyyyk Docks and Yavin IV Arena mods. I won't be doing a new campaign either, but I will include a couple of bonus mission maps.

So, to recap:

-Expansion lite is a 'shortened' version of the previous mod.
-The five unit types are: Soldier, Commando, Engineer, Special, Commander
-There will not be many modified shipped maps. The only modified maps to be included will be Bespin: Platforms, Kashyyyk: Docks, and Yavin IV: Arena.
-No new sound effects shall be included in this mod. Stock sound effects will be used solely. This was a nightmare with the old mod. New music may be included for certain maps, from Episode III and the two TFU games.
-There won't be a whole hog of legions for the Republic. There will only be Phase I armour, Phase II armour (probably a mixed bag of markings) and snow troopers.
-Mission maps will be included. Some to be included are Kamino: Clone Uprising, Tatooine: Hunt, Naboo: Hunt, Kashyyyk: Hunt, and Endor: Hunt. Others will be kept closer to my chest for the time being. Don't want to spoil the whole surprise.

For these reasons this project is named "Expansion Lite". It's basically the best ideas from the original project, with tweaking.

Please don't make requests for features.

It'll be slow going for quite some time, but I hope to have a workable version soon.

By all means, just because right now I am not doing something, it doesn't mean a future version won't incorporate it. I'd like to adapt custom maps to work with this mod, definitely.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

July 13, 2012, 08:26:00 PM #62 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:33:45 PM by kitfisto15678
GGTUCK your alive! :D I'm a huge fan of your main play mod and I've always wanted to tell you that it's the most solid mod out there! Also your BF2 to BF1 compatible assets ( the clones with the kamas ) is awesome!!! I included those models into my side mod sereja made for me! Also you should try out the new and better conversions that have been made! Here is the topic: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4591.0
Sereja has also made really good conversions like Kamino!
Will the mod include the clones with kamas? Will it be online compatible?

EDIT: Sereja said that he was able to make the skirts/kamas view/see-able from both sides...

I think, in more new version, of BF1 compatable units, clone skirts was already hex edited.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

July 14, 2012, 09:05:33 AM #64 Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:25:38 AM by ggctuk2005
The clone kama don't appear double-sided in SWBFViewer or in model viewers but should do in game as I hex-edited the models to allow for double-sided textures on the kama.

Here's a couple of screens from the older versions of this mod that use those models:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Been working on this for the past few days. So far, it's been assembling the Clone Wars sides and munging the new worlds.

I can confirm the following are to be included:

- The soldier unit is a combination of the original soldier and heavy units. They'll all have five weapons - a Blaster Rifle, Missile Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators and Mines.
- The Clone Commander's Chaingun now has ammo instead of an overheat. I'm torn between giving it a total of 400 or 600 shots.
- The only files to be replaced will be core.lvl and mission.lvl. A workaround allows us to load a custom Common.lvl file, and I will be separating all mod files into a new folder so that none of the original sides or level files are replaced.
- The original campaign will remain for the time being. You will basically eventually unlock the special and commander classes in the campaign there - you won't actually get to unlock the IG MagnaGuard though.
- A future version of the mod may, and I stress the MAY, have a custom campaign, and possibly feature two other clone legions.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 16, 2012, 01:51:47 PM
Been working on this for the past few days. So far, it's been assembling the Clone Wars sides and munging the new worlds.

I can confirm the following are to be included:

- The soldier unit is a combination of the original soldier and heavy units. They'll all have five weapons - a Blaster Rifle, Missile Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators and Mines.
- The Clone Commander's Chaingun now has ammo instead of an overheat. I'm torn between giving it a total of 400 or 600 shots.
- The only files to be replaced will be core.lvl and mission.lvl. A workaround allows us to load a custom Common.lvl file, and I will be separating all mod files into a new folder so that none of the original sides or level files are replaced.
- The original campaign will remain for the time being. You will basically eventually unlock the special and commander classes in the campaign there - you won't actually get to unlock the IG MagnaGuard though.
- A future version of the mod may, and I stress the MAY, have a custom campaign, and possibly feature two other clone legions.
Lovely jubbly. If your stuck between 400 and 600... You could go for 500!

Is the flamethrower featured in this  lite version of the mod?

No, I'm afraid it's not at the moment. I couldn't find a place for the Incinerator Trooper to fit and arming the Imperial Officer with it seemed a little odd. Then again, I could arm the Dark Trooper with it (as I'm giving the Engineers shotguns)
In Progress:

On Hold:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I was literally playin your main play mod 6.0 2 hours ago! I have it saved on my computer... when you say that only mission and core will be replaced are you talking about online compatible mods? Like sk's unleashed mod?
Possible release date? :P

Have you modded any of the common or shell lua scripts ggctuk?

Nope, I wasn't aware there were any scripts out there for either.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I might just go the whole hog and include a custom campaign and a couple of legions anyway. But the whole hog will have to wait until after I come back from holiday at the end of next month, not least because it will take a while to get everything working perfectly. On top of that, we're in the middle of a heatwave, which I discovered my laptop doesn't like very much.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 16, 2012, 02:18:26 PM
No, I'm afraid it's not at the moment. I couldn't find a place for the Incinerator Trooper to fit and arming the Imperial Officer with it seemed a little odd. Then again, I could arm the Dark Trooper with it (as I'm giving the Engineers shotguns)

I'm not saying you should use this but I developed a random unit script (random is possible in SWBF1 it turns out). would you like to use that so you can fit the incinerator into the mod?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on July 23, 2012, 02:52:54 PM
I'm not saying you should use this but I developed a random unit script (random is possible in SWBF1 it turns out). would you like to use that so you can fit the incinerator into the mod?
You should be careful when using this. When doing it to client side mods you must ensure all the units are loaded up this could possibly overload memory. If you only load up units when the random test is successful in MP you run the risk of crashing the game by having different units loaded up.

I'm happy with the unit setup I have got now:

Soldier/Heavy
Engineer/Pilot
Sniper
Special
Officer
In Progress:

On Hold: