[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPDATE: I've started working on this again, but I'm doing it on odd days instead of all in one go - if I do it in one go, I know I'll just end up losing interest again.

So far, this is what I've come out with:

-The Republic Commando is gone, sadly. Even with the lower-resolution model, it still triggered other units into low-resolution more often than not. It's been replaced with the Clone Assassin.
-The new clone legions are as follows: Phase I, Phase I snow, ARC units, 501st, 212th, 327th, Coruscant Shock Troopers, Galactic Marines, 41st. The ARC units will have a prototype Phase II unit as their commander (special thanks to AceMastermind for fixing the model issues)
-The MagnaGuard will be armed with a Tri-Shot pistol as its secondary weapon.
-A modified campaign will folow the Republic, Empire and Rebels up to after the Battle of Endor.
-I want to reconvert a couple of BF2 maps - mainly Geonosis, Kamino, Utapau, Coruscant and Mygeeto, and this is mainly due to collision issues with the original conversions - Geonosis hasn't been converted at all, actually. Kamino has major collision issues, as does Coruscant. Utapau and Mygeeto have minor issues that hex-editing will fix. Sadly, this will take quite a bit of time as each collision mesh has to be renamed. Some will probably have to be re-exported to enable collision properly. Any help on this front would be duly appreciated.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Basically, it's a sniper. The layout of its weapons hasn't changed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Fantastic, are you sticking with the same skins for Empire and Rebs from the last version, because those were beast.

With exception of the Incinerator Trooper, yes. If I can find a place for the Incinerator, maybe in a separate map mode, I'll definitely add it in.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 28, 2011, 12:35:00 PM #51 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:40:50 PM by ggctuk2005
A new development: Teancum released the shipped BF2 spacemaps on GameToast. So I'll be portin and altering a couple for my mod: Space: Coruscant, Space: Yavin IV, Space: Kashyyyk and Space: Hoth.

Aside from this, I won't be converting many maps from BF2 - I know I want the Death Star, the Jedi Temple, Mygeeto and Utapau. The current Mustafar conversion is fine. Plus I'll be adding Coruscant: Streets.

So my planned map list is thus:

Bespin: Platforms
Bespin: Cloud City
Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Coruscant: Streets
Death Star: Interior (GCW)
Endor: Bunker (GCW)
Geonosis: Spire (CW)
Hoth: Echo Base
Kamino: Tipoca City
Kashyyyk: Islands
Kashyyyk: Docks
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War-Torn City
Naboo: Plains
Naboo: Theed
Naboo: Prototype (will change name later)
Rhen Var: Harbour
Rhen Var: Citadel
Space: Coruscant (CW)
Space: Kashyyyk (CW)
Space: Hoth (GCW)
Space: Yavin (GCW)
Tatooine: Dune Sea
Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
Utapau: Sinkhole
Yavin IV: Temple
Yavin IV: Arena
In Progress:

On Hold:

ggctuk will be porting them--they are not released (for SWBF) yet
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

good idea, isn't there a tutorial for how to port maps somewhere?

Battlebelk wrote one that lives on gametoast.  Sleepkiller has mentioned that it is not perfect.

It isn't perfect because it may port level geometry but sometimes the paths are screwed up and there are collision issues you have to manually fix. However, I know that there's not as many collision problems with Space objects as there are with the ground map objects. However, since I'm not proting geomoetry with Space maps, all I have to do is copy over the object files and the layouts, and not the terrain files, and I can do the rest from there.
In Progress:

On Hold:

What I may do, is release the space map ports as separate first, just as a beta. Anybody agree with this idea?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on January 11, 2012, 02:28:28 PM
What I may do, is release the space map ports as separate first, just as a beta. Anybody agree with this idea?

I am on board!  Let me know if I can do anything to help.  I've gotten decent at making map lua's :)

(Still learning on a lot of other stuff though :P )