A Little Tutorial on contrails in SWBF1

Started by Snake, March 11, 2015, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I just thought I'd share some knowledge I forgot to share a long time ago. A lot of people think you can't do contrails in SWBF1 (those are the long trails at wing tips in SWBF2 that look pretty cool). Well, they're wrong. It's actually very simple but also pretty difficult. All you do is:

1. open the vehicle odf
2. look at the exhaust section
3. copy and paste a new exhaust like this one:

ThrustEffect            = "exhaust_xwing"
ThrustAttachPoint       = "xwing_bl_hatch3"
ThrustAttachOffset      = "0.7501 0.3673 -2.5559"
ThrustEffectMinScale        = "0.95"
ThrustEffectMaxScale        = "1.5"
ThrustEffectScaleStart      = "0.85"
(Thank you oldsnake for the xwing odf)

4. change the effect (ThrustEffect            = "exhaust_xwing") to the name of the contrail effect
5. adjust offset (ThrustAttachOffset      = "0.7501 0.3673 -2.5559") as needed in order to place the effect on the wing tips

-It would probably be easier to have special hardpoints on the wing tips, but that would require XSI
-Also, I think this can be done with pretty much any effect (including swbf2 effect such as the contrail)

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thanks for doing the tutorial; everything seems very well explained. Sadly I dont have photoshop, so probably will have to invest in that at some point

Quote from: Sabinalu on July 07, 2015, 11:40:00 AM
Thanks for doing the tutorial; everything seems very well explained. Sadly I dont have photoshop, so probably will have to invest in that at some point

I suspect you could use GIMP.  It is free.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet