SWBF3

Started by 4lbLordUxor, October 15, 2015, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is anyone seriously going to play this new game given the financial commitment to upgrading almost all of ones hardware. Just doesn't seem worth it to me unless there is some cheaper alternative to scrapping perfectly good computers that run COD adequately, which is what the new game is , except in Stormtrooper and Rebel garb.
Way too expensive for someone not part of the blind consumer generation.
Any thoughts on how to mitigate the haemorrhaging cost of this new game?

Well, maybe one way to look at it is you would probably get a new computer some time...

You could get something that would run this for about $1000.

Now the game itself may not be worth what they are asking right now either.  Maybe a good strategy is to let them feel the pain of a lack luster game release, which would be well deserved, IMO.  Then, swoop in a pick up the game and DLC for a discount if you are still interested.

Although the game options were limited in the beta, it won't have the replay value for me in multiplayer like SWBF or evern MicroVolts has.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I don't understand people's problems with the beta. I thought it was great and totally worth the money. I guess I just have lower standards than everyone else.  :shrug:

Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 15, 2015, 06:27:23 PM
I don't understand people's problems with the beta. I thought it was great and totally worth the money. I guess I just have lower standards than everyone else.  :shrug:

OK, I will concede that point.  Free was OK. 

I played Hoth twice, both times as rebels.  I got spawn killed a lot.

I played drop zone a lot of times.  The clear winning strategy is to activate the pods if you can get to them, then
sneak up behind enemy players and shoot them in the back.  Use the jump-jet card, shield card, grenade card.

If someone tries to shoot you in the back, activate shield and jump away.

Hide and then heal.

The lousy default key bindings were a hindrance.  No player should take their fingers off of ASWD while activating a card.  I had more success when I use my side mouse buttons.

Once I got decent with it, I was at the top or near the top of the servers.

It was nearly impossible for me to read the chat on my screen (not like anyone was chatting, either) and impossible for me to see who I killed.

Death comes too quickly.  There was no chance to evade.  There is no timing and strafing dance like in the original SWBF as players reload and dodge rockets.  You just get killed.  There are no ammo bots, just a cool down period. 

Unit skin customization will come with the full release, but there is still a lack of unique player mobility that can be found in the original game--i.e. I can tell a player just by the way they move in the original game, even though the look like everyone else.

--------------

As mentioned by me and others--
the lack of a server browser, side selection, and limited playing party really take a lot of fun out of playing multiplayer.   No built-in voice--ok, I would rather get people I know on teamspeak, but it will be harder to meet people with common values when we are randomly stuck in a server that is who-knows-where in the world.

No rentable servers.

No customized servers.

No mod tools.

Not much going on in the way of single player.

DLC package pre-order before the game comes out.  Just charge more and include it with the game...it will split the player base, which will be an issue quickly as players decide that the game will have little replay value.

Sure, I will buy the game.  I will play the game.  But probably not for long.  ;)

I just wanna shoot stormtroopers in HD. That all I asked for and that's what I got.

I'll be buying it at release but I'm not sure how long I'll play for yet. I'm lucky that I'm into my gaming so my pc will easily run it which is obviously the biggest issue for most people.

I enjoyed the beta but unless there's a lot more variety in the final game I don't think I'll still be playing it for years like the original. My biggest problem is the lack of a server lobby, I like to play on a server with maps I like and reasonable people on.- not a random one with new strangers each time. Also the units are all basically the same and I would like some maps that aren't out in the open.

Having said that it's still very enjoyable, the graphics are amazing and it does have plenty of game modes and  11 years of waiting it was always going to be hard to be everything we hoped for, alot of us still don't like battlefront 2 as much. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Appreciate the comments Led, et al, but spending money to make a $110 game work properly seems to have no upside. Last thing I need is another core i7 comp. to add to the 5 I have now. I think perhaps the marketing dept.
at EA may have overestimated the number of kids able to squeeze $600 and more out of their parents.
PS4 is more than likely the way to go fro this game!
Thanks for all the advice.

Quote from: 4lbLordUxor on October 17, 2015, 02:56:59 PM
Appreciate the comments Led, et al, but spending money to make a $110 game work properly seems to have no upside. Last thing I need is another core i7 comp. to add to the 5 I have now. I think perhaps the marketing dept.
at EA may have overestimated the number of kids able to squeeze $600 and more out of their parents.
PS4 is more than likely the way to go fro this game!
Thanks for all the advice.

well, if you have the computers, you probably only need a new video card.  I decent one is probably about $150