How to Fix "d3dx9_43.dll" Error (Windows)

Started by Ultimo, November 18, 2014, 06:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 18, 2014, 06:42:54 PM Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:33:48 PM by Ultimo
Hi, this is a tutorial to fix the "d3dx9_43.dll Missing" error when attempting to play Star Wars Battlefront.

"d3dx9_43.dll" is a DirectX file, an application designed to help you run certain programs, especially games.
Here is a picture of what the error will most likely look like when you recieve it:

There are a few simple ways to fix this error and gain the file you are missing. Here's how you can do it:

1. Re-install DirectX (Recommended)

Re-installing DirectX is possibly the most simple and easiest way to fix the error. Here's how Microsoft recommends you should install the latest version of DirectX: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/
After re-installing DirectX, restart your computer and check to see if SWBF is working properly now. If it does not work, move on to the option below.

2. Re-install Star Wars Battlefront

[spoiler=WARNING]*I would like to recommend that you DO NOT attempt to re-install Star Wars Battlefront as your first resort to fixing the error. I encourage you to explore Option 1(above) first before attempting to re-install SWBF, since there is a chance you can lose any mods you have downloaded. If you still wish to continue with re-installing SWBF however, then read on.*[/spoiler]

Re-installing SWBF is just as simple as you installed it the first time. If you have modified your copy of Battlefront, please make sure to back up any mods you have, otherwise they will be lost during the re-install!
To uninstall SWBF, open Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program. Click to uninstall Star Wars Battlefront. Once the uninstall is complete, simply load your disk back in and run the install from your disk. Once you have completed the install, re-start your computer and check to see if Star Wars Battlefront is working properly now. *Restart your computer BEFORE attempting to move your mods back into the game.*

3. Download the "d3dx9_43.dll" file directly (NOT RECOMMENDED)

[spoiler=WARNING]**I do NOT recommend you attempt to download this file directly from the internet, otherwise you may accidentally gain a harmful virus. If you are set on downloading this file, then read on.**[/spoiler]

To download the "d3dx9_43.dll", first you need to locate your DirectX files. Open your windows explorer, and navigate to C: > Windows > System32. All the DirectX files should be in the System32 folder. Scroll through the folder and check to see if the file you are "missing" is in the list. If not, then follow this Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f39nuwatnaafnqc/D3DX9_43.dll
The link leads to my own copy of the "d3dx9_43.dll" file. I cannot guarantee that the file will work for you like it has for me. Once you have downloaded the file, move it into your System32 folder. Restart your computer and check to see if Star Wars Battlefront is working properly now.

I hope this tutorial has fixed your error!

I wrote this tutorial after people in the community and my own friends began having this error. After going over the first two options, everything began working, so I still do NOT recommend you resort to the third option unless absolutely necessary.

*I request this be Edited by anyone who feels the information is incorrect or misleading. Thank you!*
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper