Other Non SW things in SWBF

Started by ggctuk, August 02, 2009, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is merely a thought that came through my mind. SWBF could actually have other characters, maps, objects etc not originating from Star Wars. I saw online (in another SW game, can't remember the game) that someone had inserted a Hunter-Killer Tank from Terminator and that got me thinking. Why can't we do things like this in SWBF? I'd love to play Terminator Future War, or Medal of Honor's Beach Assault Map in SWBF. What do you think?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I remember I found a LoZ map for SWBF2, but it seemed to be designed more as a novelty than a gameplay map

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I've long considered making a large scale mod (known rather as a total conversion) but i was waiting to see if the Main menu could be changed normally, making a mod to change the entire game all the way to another world or something.

Problem being- it is not legal to TAKE models from other games (except for rare occasions such as a SWBF1/2) so you have to make it all for yourself, i know VF501 was once working on a Halo Mod, and had a very nice looking Elite and a few other things going, so yes its possible and some have done it, just gotta look around.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I've been doing a Rebel Weapons Mod (look for the topic somewhere) but I haven't worked on it in 2 weeks. It's a combination of not having the time and really not wanting to work on it.

Softimage is unnecessarily difficult to navigate through and it is a PAIN to line up the weapon with the animation/hands. I've spent 75% of my time making it look right. The only weapon that I've completed that doesn't have oddly placed hands was the toz shotgun.

#TYBG

Quote from: Hardcore on August 02, 2009, 03:31:28 PM
I've long considered making a large scale mod (known rather as a total conversion) but i was waiting to see if the Main menu could be changed normally, making a mod to change the entire game all the way to another world or something.

Problem being- it is not legal to TAKE models from other games (except for rare occasions such as a SWBF1/2) so you have to make it all for yourself, i know VF501 was once working on a Halo Mod, and had a very nice looking Elite and a few other things going, so yes its possible and some have done it, just gotta look around.

Surely it depends on whether it's a model from an official game, or if it's fan-made? For instance, I am not allowed to rip the Lara Croft Model from Tomb Raider Legend and insert it into SWBF, but there are fan-made remakes made for the TRLE. Of course, it also depends on whether you ask for permission first.

I've seen some T-800 models out there, and some HK ones, and as I said, I saw a HK Tank inserted into a Star Wars game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Yes, of corse with permission to use fan made models it's perfectly legal :) just have to find them and make them work.

Quote from: Hardcore on August 02, 2009, 03:31:28 PM

I know that LUA supports overriding functions, so if you could replicate the menu code and change it you could mess with it.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Me and BD were slowly working on a rebuild of the main menu, and such, but we needed to be able to find out what was inside it, before we could, someday perhaps we will.

The bad thing is, is you need professional programs (such as XSI) to make character models. Plus, if I were to make a Terminator mod, I would probably have to find the actual SFX somewhere.

A thought I had would be to do a map pack based on well-known game locations such asthose in Tomb Raider. The environments are easy to replicate if you know what you're doing.
In Progress:

On Hold: