[WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)

Started by Snake, July 03, 2013, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: SleepKiller on July 05, 2013, 06:38:24 AM
Not exactly a WIP but it seems like the right place to put it.

I had forgotten how awesome this map was. I'm just love it so much. If I did a 1.1 update I could do a lot better. (Like just having the Zombies randomly spawn rather than them having CPs.) Anyone want it?

Make sure you place the same number of invisible CP's as there were normal CP's and keep the capture regions in the same place. That will ensure there's no "clumping"
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Here's a little something I cooked up in Sketchup:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the SM-12 Hornet (SM = Snake Made  8) )It is my first attempt at a vehicle but it's still sort of in it's skeleton stage. I am going to see if I can use my default hardpoint trick to create a pilot hardpoint. I will still need weapon hardpoints when I add them though. :/ I'm not sure why the front is so dark.. i think its just a viewer thing.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on September 06, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the SM-12 Hornet (SM = Snake Made  8) )It is my first attempt at a vehicle but it's still sort of in it's skeleton stage. I am going to see if I can use my default hardpoint trick to create a pilot hardpoint. I will still need weapon hardpoints when I add them though. :/ I'm not sure why the front is so dark.. i think its just a viewer thing.
That chopper looks like it has a lot of potential and its good to see you working on vehicles now. Very nice.

September 06, 2013, 09:48:11 PM #18 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:50:15 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Snake on September 06, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The wind shields are normally the hardest part.. (for me at least..), it saves me alot of trouble when making FPs, that I just invert the shield I make for my models.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 06, 2013, 09:48:11 PM
The wind shields are normally the hardest part.. (for me at least..), it saves me alot of trouble when making FPs, that I just invert the shield I make for my models.

I haven't attempted any kind of glass yet. I just left it open. I think I will try to simply use alpha channels on the skin and see what happens.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 07, 2013, 03:19:25 PM #20 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:21:56 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Lol, what have you gotten me into, Snake!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

edit: Maybe if you can figure out how to configure your vehicles right, we can create our own little collection.. You have some stuff to learn in sketchup, but you always nail the concept (something I've never been good at..), and I admire that.

September 07, 2013, 05:21:02 PM #21 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:48:21 PM by Snake
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 07, 2013, 03:19:25 PM
Lol, what have you gotten me into, Snake!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

edit: Maybe if you can figure out how to configure your vehicles right, we can create our own little collection.. You have some stuff to learn in sketchup, but you always nail the concept (something I've never been good at..), and I admire that.

Yeah, basically all I know is using squares, cirlce, and lines.. We shall create an army of pwning vehicles.

Here's a little update. I got it in-game and added weapons! I've also found out that my hardpoint trick only works with weapons, not with pilot positions.. weird.

[spoiler]

----

Just changed the landing bars:

[/spoiler]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Great job Snake, that's a really good chopper kinda looks like somethin outta Black Ops 2, you should add in some seats and have passenger spots or have it that the player can stand in the ship when it takes of without actually entering the ship. i like the idea of making a fleet/ line of ships and tanks that look like that.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Snake, that ship is awesome.  Pretty good for just using squares, circles, and lines.  I wish I could make ships like that.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 09, 2013, 01:33:06 PM
the player can stand in the ship when it takes of without actually entering the ship.

While I am at it, this idea is next to impossible with our resources.  You fall through or something like that, every time.  Although I admit it would be a nice addition to the game along with a "Make the troops walk on" function.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The closet you can get is the skiff, you can sort of keep on it because of the rails collision..
On BFII, you can stand on flyers and don't have to make a single effort to stay on them (But you'll need a real person to be flying, and constantly be moving up with his/her mouse, else you go down and crash).

Funny, cause just about anyone with a little experience can build a simple 3D engine in an hour with the ability to do just that..

Psychofred tried to make a ship that would do that but it doesnt work..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If thats the case you should really add in seats to the model and add in alot of passenger spots cause people love custom vehicles and would want to ride in them.

Off Topic: someone should fix the bounds on the new Invincible server you can't go on the edge of the map anymore

Been working on some new vehicles. Hover vehicles are a lot harder than flying vehicles..

Anyway, here's a star warsy version of an 18 wheeler
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

and the SM-14 Hisser (Get it, it's a hummer but I'm Snake so it's hisser)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

and the SM-15 Crusher
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I'm still trying to get all of these to work correctly ingame. The Truck goes beneath the ground, and the Crusher and Hisser are having texture issues + need resizing. I think I'll stick to flying vehicles from now on..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

so i guess your gonna put these in the Museum map

Nah, we already have vehicles set out for the Museum. My vehicles are still a little glitchy. The only good one is the Hornet so I may put that one in the Museum since it's really fun to play with.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder