Zombie Mod Ideas

Started by Breakdown, April 12, 2009, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not saying we copy the COD5 mode completely !

I just thought it was a decent game mode and I wasn't hitting at you,
I just think it would be better in a Star Wars format.

Look, the general idea of most zombie games is sneaking around narrow
corridors in burnt out buildings whilst fighting off crowds of zombies, ( Zombie Bespin?)
usually zombies only advantage is their numbers rather than their range of attacks.
Perhaps some variation, some carry bars, yes or melee attacks with ammo-less weapons.

I had this idea where Some imperials have crash landed in some densely built up base, when they soon realise a hoard of zombie droids are approaching from every angle!
You have to stay alive by building barriers, turrets, and looking for more ammo for you shotgun / rifle / etc... or the zombies will get you !  :-o

Just a thought.

whats funny is almost every part of what he suggested in his idea, are possible. the only part thats not is the hoard waiting to come for a few secs, mins ect. there being no scripting makes it hard to make any stories in SWBF
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

They don't have to wait, just put their cp at a greater distance from the base.

EDIT: it has occurred to me that Jabbas' palace would be almost perfect, except where would the zombies start?
With the addition of barricades and turrets it could work... Could it be modified so there is an 'outside' for the zombies to start from? And the defence perhaps have several command posts which they are forced to fall back through as the zombies advance in great numbers through the palace doors?

It would be really funny if there were zombies wielding weapons like rocket launchers, except they used them as clubs!
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Is it possible for a person to control 5 zombies at a time? The 5 zombies would be right next to each other, and you'd maneuver them all together.

I think it is only possible to control one zombie.

Hmm..Jabba's palace would be great in my opinion, with some buildable barricades and some objects removed, yeah it could be pretty cool.

Also, Zombie droids?? To me that makes little sense :P Not to shoot down your comment, I'm just saying it's kind of funny.

I like the idea of using weapons as melee clubs like the RLR and the sniper rifle. He could hold it by the barrel. The really strong ones could hold just a metal bar or a 2x4.
For the zombies they could have a ranged attack like a noxious gas (similar to the Bothan Spy's Incinerator in SWBF2) or a rock. Maybe a pistol for a smarter zombie I suppose.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I also like the idea of a "Zombie Commander", but then of course, he would be overplayed in MP due to superior weapons, and if I gave him really low health to balance it out, people would complain that he dies too fast :P But I can consider something like that

Yeah, melee weapons would be cool too, I was thinking more of like axes and stuff but guns for melee would be cool too

Well how many stormtroopers were carrying hatchets around in the movies? I think that in the Star Wars Universe, guns would be more believable melee weapons than an axe.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

which is why you make zombie wookies. blood dripping from thir matted fur, saliva coating their mouths, and axes and spears for all!

I just think Jabba's Palace is the perfect setting,
by zombie droids, I just thought it would be cool... just a kind of resurrected army for Storm troopers / rebels to fight.

Perhaps zombie Tuskan raiders, as it is set on Tatooine...
Who will the defence team be? - Storm troopers?

What if there are two small teams, still with few reinforcements, (rebels and empire)
and the overwhelming zombie army plays as the local side?
Do locals have a reinforcement count, or are they exist in  infinite numbers?

The only problem would be if the two sides killed each other off before they had a chance to fight the zombies...
Perhaps if they defend separate parts of the Palace...

Lol, well just for your information guys, this mod will be set in "real life" more or less. I mean, like the zombies will be completley out of the star wars universe, just so I can have freedom, but the survivors would be rebels or something

How far have you got in the mod anyway, have you started?

I've started skinning, but I still need to complete layouts.

Wait this is quite off topic, but I just got banned from Gametoast, how rude !

Any way, you mean layouts of the map, yes?