getting "expecting bracket" error while attempting to munge side

Started by SolarStorm327, August 13, 2021, 06:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been attempting to add Giftheck's port of the PS2 Imperial blaster pistol model to my custom imperial side. However, with the way the model is set up, it replaces both the stock model and texture. I don't want it to replace the stock pistol model so I can have some classes use the stock pistol model while others use the PS2 pistol model. So I've tried renaming it to the name of its original texture name (that being "imp_pistol_inf") just for starters. Since I've added that model to my side, I've been getting this error:

ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model.req(1)...

ucft <--
ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model.req(1)...

ucft <--
 [continuing]
   2 Errors    0 Warnings

ERROR[levelpack IRS.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.lvl.req(1)...

ucft <--

ucft <--

2 Errors    0 Warnings

I'm not sure what is causing your weapons error. In the past when I have made a MSH use a different texture I have renamed the texture to 1 letter different to the original.

E.g. imp_weap_inf_pistol you could rename the Ps2 Texture and MSH to imp_weap_inf_pestol edit the MSH for the PS2 texture (imp_weap_inf_pestol) in a hex editor and change the TGA to the new name.

As you can see in these images i have 2 MSH files. the models are identical i have just edited 2 of the digits to be different. i think the reason yours hasn't worked is because its still looking for the OG texture, but I'm not sure
KadeEclipse

I was able to hex edit the model and change the texture, but I still got the same error. I went into my side's MUNGED folder under _BUILD/sides and patched up the appropriate .model.req file so it would munge properly. Then I got an error saying this:

ERROR[levelpack IRS.req]:munged\pc\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.lvl is not a binary UCF file!ERROR[levelpack IRS.req]:munged\pc\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.lvl is not a binary UCF file! [continuing]
  2 Errors    0 Warnings

I deleted both the corresponding .lvl and the .lvl.req file (the latter seeming to be generated from the previous error since none of the other .lvl files in that MUNGED folder had a .lvl.req from my observations). Then I got another error after munging again saying this:

ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model is not a binary UCF file!ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model is not a binary UCF file! [continuing]
  2 Errors    0 Warnings

ucft <--

ucft <--

2 Errors    0 Warnings

I initially thought it was because of the HexEditor plugin that I was using for NotePad++ so I used XVI32 instead. I ended up getting the same error trying to munge it again. So I figured I'd try importing and exporting the model through ANDEWEGET's XSI ZETools plugin in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5; still had the same error. I can view the model through SWBFViewer, but I can't get it to munge. I did, however, hex edit the stock CIS pistol model to use the texture instead and was able to get that to munge properly. Why I couldn't get the PS2 imp pistol model to munge, I have no idea. It just seems to be the model itself that was causing the errors.  :confused:

Quote from: SolarStorm327 on August 14, 2021, 12:56:38 PMI was able to hex edit the model and change the texture, but I still got the same error. I went into my side's MUNGED folder under _BUILD/sides and patched up the appropriate .model.req file so it would munge properly. Then I got an error saying this:

ERROR[levelpack IRS.req]:munged\pc\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.lvl is not a binary UCF file!ERROR[levelpack IRS.req]:munged\pc\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.lvl is not a binary UCF file! [continuing]
  2 Errors    0 Warnings

I deleted both the corresponding .lvl and the .lvl.req file (the latter seeming to be generated from the previous error since none of the other .lvl files in that MUNGED folder had a .lvl.req from my observations). Then I got another error after munging again saying this:

ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model is not a binary UCF file!ERROR[levelpack req\imp_inf_rifleman_desert.req]:munged\pc\imp_pistol_inf.model is not a binary UCF file! [continuing]
  2 Errors    0 Warnings

ucft <--

ucft <--

2 Errors    0 Warnings

I initially thought it was because of the HexEditor plugin that I was using for NotePad++ so I used XVI32 instead. I ended up getting the same error trying to munge it again. So I figured I'd try importing and exporting the model through ANDEWEGET's XSI ZETools plugin in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5; still had the same error. I can view the model through SWBFViewer, but I can't get it to munge. I did, however, hex edit the stock CIS pistol model to use the texture instead and was able to get that to munge properly. Why I couldn't get the PS2 imp pistol model to munge, I have no idea. It just seems to be the model itself that was causing the errors.  :confused:

can you send me the pistol and i will see if i can get it to work
KadeEclipse