Geonosis: Canyon (Redux)

Started by Ty294, July 27, 2021, 09:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 27, 2021, 09:19:12 PM Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:24:47 PM by Ty294
Hello all, popping in to announce the release of my first completed map since my "return" to active modding. Geonosis: Canyon is an attempted remake of my very first map, of the same name. This one does not resemble the original in any way though, with new, experimental sides and numerous other gameplay features I learned about from my time reading threads here and sampling the work of various modders.

I've been obsessing over every little detail with this map, to a point where I just had to force myself to consider it good enough, so I could get it released and focus on other projects I'm neglecting. That said, if enough feedback shows some glaring bugs or issues, I'll maybe release an update at some later time.

Anyway, map is Empire vs Geonosians and Battledroids, set in the interwar years after the Clone Wars. It doesn't align with either canon precisely, but since I much prefer the Legends Canon it's what I generally used as references for various specs and such. The map features some slightly different weapon setups (recharge for most everything, similar to the DICE Battlefronts), more powerful damage but lesser accuracy, and some other experimental ideas gameplay changes. Also movie-accurate sounds for the blasters (to the best of my ability).

Some pics of the map:

Currently it is available on Gamefront, but I will add the link to one I uploaded here as soon as staff approves the download.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Also some added notes:

- I realized after I'd already done the upload that I forgot to add wsa30h to the credits. So added thanks to him for his cross-era announcer fix, as well as his work on making cross-era stuff work in general.

- The screenshot of the Imperial Officer on the download page is outdated, some of the weapon loadouts are different than shown and there is a proper functional minimap as well.

July 27, 2021, 10:22:03 PM #1 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:23:40 PM by Verranicus
Ja reminds me of this Rogue Squadron II mission where Wedge Antilles finds himself on Geonosis, fighting both imperials and droids.

Will check this out later and leave feedback.

Edit: also as far as the canon goes, Seperatists holdouts are canon again. Maybe not particularly on geonosis (yet), but CIS remnants certainly are.

July 28, 2021, 02:06:54 AM #2 Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:58:35 AM by wsa30h
this is very nice looking i would like to put this in to my expanded edition mod and potentially bring it to xbox bf1. Also i can send you new announcers for cross era that dont require the fix and have bf2 voice lines where the empire will say shut down the droids and other lines from the bf2 mustafar mission. Wow very solid map after playing it looks really good and those caves. When you said you were making a cross era map i dint this is what you had in mind.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: Verranicus on July 27, 2021, 10:22:03 PMJa reminds me of this Rogue Squadron II mission where Wedge Antilles finds himself on Geonosis, fighting both imperials and droids.

Funny thing, I showed screenshots of this map to Ginev a while ago and he said the exact same thing! lol

I never played any of the Rogue Squadron games, so there wasn't any inspiration from it, but after watching a gameplay vid of that level and I can kinda see where people are coming from!