Hoth: Battle Of Echo Base

Started by Giftheck, December 01, 2020, 10:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have begun work on a new map, this time a new Hoth map. The goal of this map is to create a new iteration of Hoth inspired by the official Blueprints book, with several of the key components that we all know from the movie (the Medical Centre, the Control Room etc) that are completely absent in the stock map.

There will be custom units, but much like Sereja, I will also give players the option to play with stock sides if they so wish.

I've just begun working on it, and have a new corridor system created just for this map.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Looks great so far! Really digging the new corridors.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Would that be the big cross sections book?
The Echo base cross section in there is fabulous.

I guess the tricky bit would be the huge GR-75 hangers!

Looks good. I think Pandemic missed an opportunity by not having an expanded indoor map at echo base. It just needs a secret room with a wampa. 😉
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Looks really nice I can't wait for it to be done or in the testing stage I'll get it for sure :D

December 02, 2020, 03:02:46 AM #5 Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:07:29 AM by Giftheck
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 01, 2020, 04:13:40 PM
Looks good. I think Pandemic missed an opportunity by not having an expanded indoor map at echo base. It just needs a secret room with a wampa. 😉

Thank you :) I always found the interiors a bit bland TBH. They used a single set of corridors and besides the hangar only one other room from the Base (the control room). They could have remedied that in SWBF2 since they thought to shift the actual corridors and control room about but for some reason they didn't.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 01, 2020, 02:12:14 PM
Would that be the big cross sections book?
The Echo base cross section in there is fabulous.

I guess the tricky bit would be the huge GR-75 hangers!

No, this is the actual production blueprints book. However there is a GR75 hangar in there. Not yet sure if I'll include it or not though. It's not likely to be 1-1 on that, but it's inspired by it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Your list of projects keeps growing! As excited as I am about each and every one of them (including this one), please finish some of them before adding more!

Btw, are you thinking about adding wampas as a third faction?

December 12, 2020, 03:20:17 PM #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 03:21:55 PM by Giftheck
Here's an update:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Here's a list of CPs I have planned:

-Staging Zone
-Blizzard 2
-Echo Station 3-T-8
-Wampa Cavern
-North Hangar
-Control Centre
-Shield Generator (Destroyable)
-Medical Centre
-South Hangar

There were quite a few other areas I could have put in there, but this is quite a large map.
I considered Outpost Beta and Blizzard 4 (Blizzard 4 is actually present as a map prop)
In the end I opted to include places not directly in the original map (though the original Outpost Beta was basically just a bunker, which is what Echo Station 3-T-8 is)

The main thing to finish is the medbay and the Wampa Cavern. Haven't yet decided whether I want there to be wampas in the map or whether it'll just be a CP you can capture.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 16, 2020, 12:57:35 PM #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:08:15 AM by Giftheck
Here is a video of some progress - the map itself is all laid out and it requires just things like more barriers, some more embellishments and whatnot.

https://youtu.be/Z10l7ncXDxw
In Progress:

On Hold: