Nal Hutta: Wastes

Started by KommissarReb, June 14, 2019, 01:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 14, 2019, 01:37:52 PM Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:12:31 AM by KommissarReb
Well here goes my first map; Nal Hutta: Wastes! I realize I'm super late to the BF1 map making party, as that seemed to die down a few years ago, but here's my first map for Star Wars Battlefront!

I apologize for not providing screenshots. Here's a YouTube video I posted showcasing the map from the Republic side:

Features:
1 - Custom units
2 - Playable and killable Jedi and Sith (for balance they can't capture command posts)
-Sith Inquisitors have Force Lightning
-Jedi Knights throw objects at targets with the force (remodeled wrist rockets essentially with unlimited ammo)
3 - Playable Gamorrean Guards (Nem'ro Loyalists are allied with the Sith Empire)
-they have basic soldier weapons, but have axes instead of pistols
4 - Fa'athra's Gangsters (Appear as Rebel soldiers and Twi'leks, but have different weapons)
5 - Nem'ro the Hutt and Fa'athra the Hutt
6 - Custom killable heroes. I gave them 1000 HP each and they (along with some Fa'athra gangsters) are the only units to wield Sniper Rifles. Fa'athra's gangsters have Grahurr; a wookiee with 1000 Hp and a vibrosword to go with his bowcaster.

Installation:

Put the nh1 folder in to your LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Some objects float above the ground. No matter how many times I would ground objects or even
sink them into the ground they always float above the ground. I don't know how to fix this.

2. Cantina Music doesn't work. I spent weeks trying to get all the voices to work, and it came at
the cost of the Cantina music because maps apparently have sound file limits.

3. I didn't localize the names of the speederbikes for the command posts.

4. Units tend to stand in place rather than go out and capture command posts. Sereja dubbed this
as "unit meditation", a problem that probably was the result of barriers in my map as well as
the map's large size. Before making this map, I wasn't expecting this problem and don't know
how to fix this either.

5. The Mandalorian's wrist flamethrower looks like it's shooting in the air instead of in front. I'm not sure if this is because I changed the firing animation from "rifle" to "sbdroid", or if it has to do with the fact that I hastened it's firing speed.

6. Although the units that use the rebel voices shout acknowledgements, you can't hear their death sounds or shouting commands.

BUILD TIME: May 27th, 2019 to June 14th, 2019

CREDITS:

Sereja: For the Luke Skywalker models, Aayla Secura model,
the DH-17 blaster pistol, Vibrosword, flamethrower assets, and Imperial Officer model
tirpider: Jango Fett model, Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Unit 33 & Snake: Sith Inquisitor ponytail (I had to recolor the rest of Mace Windu myself)
Users on SWBFGamers: For advice whenever I couldn't figure out how to do something.

I apologize if I forgot anyone.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Hi KommissarReb;
the link of your downlad is not working. :(
greetings triops

Quote from: Triops on June 15, 2019, 08:15:38 AM
Hi KommissarReb;
the link of your downlad is not working. :(
greetings triops
It looks like it hasn't been approved yet. Here's another place you can download it: https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront/addons/nal-hutta-wastes

June 18, 2019, 09:54:09 AM #3 Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:21:45 AM by African with 2 Kalishnakov
Can't wait to play it! I will definitely give it a try. The battlefront one modding community has definitely slowed down alot. But I think alot of people still play the Mods. In fact: "That's... why I am here."

Btw I'm going to post this in my battlefront clan's discord If you're ok with that.

Quote from: African with 2 Kalishnakov on June 18, 2019, 09:54:09 AM
Can't wait to play it! I will definitely give it a try. The battlefront one modding community has definitely slowed down alot. But I think alot of people still play the Mods. In fact: "That's... why I am here."

Btw I'm going to post this in my battlefront clan's discord If you're ok with that.
Absolutely! I don't mind the notoriety  ;)