Is it possible to create two different Naboo banners?

Started by KommissarReb, June 11, 2019, 06:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to create two different banners for my custom map using the blue Naboo Theed banner. I added the nab2_prop_lamppost1 files in my map and changed the look of the flag, then created a second .odf and added 'OverrideTexture      = "nem_prop_banner"' to the bottom (I copied the .tga, photoshopped the other banner on it, then saved it as "nem_prop_banner.tga). However when I put nem_prop_banner in my map, it still uses the texture of the original .tga. I've tried using HexEdit to edit the .msh file, but it claims I don't have permission to change it even though I am the admin of my laptop and I tried changing it on my desktop (files I try changing usually won't allow me to if they're in a folder).

Is it possible to use a free 3d program like Wings3d to create custom models so I can have my second banner? Or does Softimage have functions Wings3d doesn't that I should know about?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

It's possible that your nab2_prop_lamppost1  has its "read-only" attribute turned on.  I've had that same issue whenever I use the mod tool assets in one of my maps.

You just right-click on the file in your explorer and choose Properties from the context menu, then uncheck "Read-only".  Then that should allow you to change it from your hex editor.