Cannot Join Servers

Started by torchit671, June 05, 2017, 11:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Upon attempting to join a server, my game completely shuts down, exiting to windows. I have tried joining different servers as well as restarting my computer. It was working as normal the previous day. Do you have any suggestions?

This has now been resolved. How may I remove this topic?

Quote from: torchit671 on June 05, 2017, 11:53:32 AM
This has now been resolved. How may I remove this topic?

I will lock it tomorrow, but it would be helpful to everyone if you tell us how you fixed it.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: torchit671 on June 05, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
Upon attempting to join a server, my game completely shuts down, exiting to windows. I have tried joining different servers as well as restarting my computer. It was working as normal the previous day. Do you have any suggestions?

Although your problem is already solved, I can give some tips if this happens for other people.It is a very simple fix.
If your game crashes when joining a server,replace the battlefront.exe with another GameMaster exe.You can use auto installer though I prefer to do manually.Don't forget to rename the SWBFSpy.exe (gamemaster) to battlefront.exe and place it in Game Data.

You can do the same thing if your game won't launch at all and keeps crashing to desktop.Because I force quit a LOT (you should probably know why...) I generally break the app quite often.This also works with SWBF 2.If replacing the battlefront.exe doesn't work,you could try deleting your profile in Saved Games (inside Game Data).

Putting some tags here for google:
SWBF 1 crashes to desktop.SWBF 2 crashes to desktop.Star Wars Battlefront crashes, does not join server . Star Wars Battlefront 2 crashes to desktop, does not join a server. SWBF crashes when joining a server.Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004) Crashes to desktop, won't launch, crashes when joining a server.

Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 05, 2017, 11:13:19 PM
Although your problem is already solved, I can give some tips if this happens for other people.It is a very simple fix.
If your game crashes when joining a server,replace the battlefront.exe with another GameMaster exe.You can use auto installer though I prefer to do manually.Don't forget to rename the SWBFSpy.exe (gamemaster) to battlefront.exe and place it in Game Data.

You can do the same thing if your game won't launch at all and keeps crashing to desktop.Because I force quit a LOT (you should probably know why...) I generally break the app quite often.This also works with SWBF 2.If replacing the battlefront.exe doesn't work,you could try deleting your profile in Saved Games (inside Game Data).

Putting some tags here for google:
SWBF 1 crashes to desktop.SWBF 2 crashes to desktop.Star Wars Battlefront crashes, does not join server . Star Wars Battlefront 2 crashes to desktop, does not join a server. SWBF crashes when joining a server.Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004) Crashes to desktop, won't launch, crashes when joining a server.

SWBFSpy is not GameMaster, so please, do not get people confused.
Also, the file I released with the SWBFSpy patch can keep the name it has cause it will run properly, no matter what name u give it. There are many reasons on why u can join certain servers:
- CD Key banned (SWBF2 case)
- IP Banned
- Missing (mod)maps
- Server bugged
- Etc

If ur game crashes constantly, I'd recommend to "newbies" to reinstall the game, back it up, and then download whichever mods/patches they want.
SavedGame is not related to an exe crash. SaveGames basically saves all the user info, but that's it. Whether the exe runs or not, it will not be afected by a SavedGames file.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com