Update Release Schedule and Details (Includes CC and Jabba)

Started by Unit 33, January 26, 2016, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomorrow:

The Tatooine Survival map (called Raider Camp) will support Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains modes
Hoth outfits for Luke and Han (previously unlocked upon completion of the Heroes' Holiday community mission)
The ability to create private matches
Daily Challenges and Community Events
General weapon and mode balancing tweaks.

February:

Survival mission on Hoth (map not disclosed)
New Hoth multiplayer map supporting Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point.
Turning Point mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.

March:

New Endor multiplayer map supporting Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point.
Tatooine Survival map.
Here are the expansion packs in the Season Pass (text from EA):

Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine

Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin

Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/01/26/star-wars-battlefront.aspx?utm_content=buffer09029

I saw this ;) And I'm buying the Season Pass. It has Bespin which means I have to buy it
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Sounds good. I look forward to the Death Star map especially. DEA1 was arguably the best map for SWBF1. Lets hope they can match the awesome play of that map, but with these much-improved graphics.

I knew they'd be doing Bespin and Death Star, though I do wonder how they will fit Walker Assault in there.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Can't wait  :cheer: :tu:
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Quote from: Gistech on January 26, 2016, 12:34:38 PM
I knew they'd be doing Bespin and Death Star, though I do wonder how they will fit Walker Assault in there.

Cloud City is a pretty big place, although there's no guarantee they won't just limit CC the Death Star to being indoor maps for Blast, Cargo etc.

They need Cloud Cars in Cloud City. Looking forward to exploring the Carbon Freeze Chamber and an accurate shaft.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Bah. I'll be off at college when the death star comes out, and probably won't be taking an Xbox with me.

Good to see an expansion to single player, though I was hoping for a few more planets.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 26, 2016, 02:30:14 PM

Cloud City is a pretty big place, although there's no guarantee they won't just limit CC the Death Star to being indoor maps for Blast, Cargo etc.

I was thinking of Death Star particularly when it came to limitations on Walker Assault.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yeah, I get that. I really think the Death Star will be limited to interior close quarters games and maybe Fighter Squadron if they're feeling generous.

Unless they really go for it and set a Walker Assault map on the surface of the Death Star... or perhaps in one of it's Star Destroyer dry docks. But that won't happen.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 27, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
Yeah, I get that. I really think the Death Star will be limited to interior close quarters games and maybe Fighter Squadron if they're feeling generous.

Unless they really go for it and set a Walker Assault map on the surface of the Death Star... or perhaps in one of it's Star Destroyer dry docks. But that won't happen.

Well, if we could mod it, we would do it!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 27, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
They could switch roles and have the rebels attack and empire defend against some sort of craft.

Quote from: Led on January 27, 2016, 04:20:04 PM
Well, if we could mod it, we would do it!

I actually remember a whole bunch of SWBF1 maps that had the same concept, I know Eddie did a few versions, but I can't recall if he was first to do so.

Looking forward to to new maps.  I am extremely upset they nerfed the Homing shot. It takes like 5 seconds to lock on so now it is useless in this game. I hate EA. I really don't want to play it anymore b/c of this.