Just Got SWBF2 on a Steam Sale

Started by Caironomad, May 05, 2017, 08:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys. I'm new (obviously). I saw Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Steam for $2.50 yesterday as part of their May The 4th Be With You sale, and thought I'd pick it up. I've been playing Battlefront 2 since around 2006, and have my own CD copy, but since I started making my own custom PC about 5 years ago, reinstalling the game from the CD when I reinstalled my OS about once a year became a pain, and the game just sort of fell by the wayside for me with the discovery of Steam. Now I'm back though, to rekindle that wonderful nostalgia of spending many nights of my middle school years fighting in the Clone Wars!

I'm not big on posting to forums (this is probably the 3rd one I've ever been on), but I had to join to get SWBFSpy, which was linked to on pcgamingwiki.com, because I loved SWBF2's multiplayer back in the day. Anyway, apologies in advance if I don't post much, or respond to any messages immediately. I often forget to check my forum accounts regularly, and just feel more comfortable lurking in general. Don't get me wrong though. I am very happy to see there is still a thriving community surrounding one of the best game series out there, at least until EA got their grubby hands all over it (is that not kosher? Do we not game-shame those who actually like SWBF EA? Ok, I'll stop being a purist now).  ;)

To close this off, other games I enjoy are puzzle games, open world games, almost anything co-op (including games like the BF series), RPGs, not too many shooters besides this one actually, and just about anything that will make me laugh be it because it's legitimately funny, or just so cheesy its hilarious.

Nice to meet you  :cheers:

If you have any questions, or get interested in modding, please do post more :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet