how to have cross era announcers ?

Started by wsa30h, October 14, 2019, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
how do i get the empire and droids to have their own announcer instead of the droids using the rebel announcer ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

In the "Open Audio Stream" sections in the mission, you need to call the appropriate sounds - like "gcw.lvl cw_vo" and "gcw.lvl gcw_vo".  All the individual VO streams are contained in these files.
Then you would set all the individual commands (like SetBleedingVO and SetLowReinforcementsVO)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

ok so i do have the gcw_vo and the cw_vo in both my lua and sound files the imperial one for the empire works perfectly but when the seperatist capture command post it still uses the rebel announcer here is my part of the lua   SetBleedingVoiceOver(REP, REP, "imp_off_com_report_us_overwhelmed", 1);
    SetBleedingVoiceOver(REP, CIS, "imp_off_com_report_enemy_losing",   1);
    SetBleedingVoiceOver(CIS, REP, "cis_off_com_report_enemy_losing",   1);
    SetBleedingVoiceOver(CIS, CIS, "cis_off_com_report_us_overwhelmed", 1);
-- bf1 tcw battles

October 16, 2019, 08:42:52 AM #3 Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:44:28 AM by Dark_Phantom
Well, fun fact, I believe those specific lines are stored in the world file. 
The reason is because that the game doesn't recognize that it is cross era.  I don't know how it picks - it's kind of finicky.
If the droids are using the rebel announcer, then you could hex edit the world file (or change in your custom map) -

Here's the three sound files - I've trimmed out some of the fluff, but not too much so you know what they are.  Replace
All_AllCapture("all_off_com_report_captured_commandpost");
All_AllLost("all_off_com_report_lost_commandpost3");
All_ImpCapture("all_off_com_report_lost_commandpost");

CIS_RepCapture("cis_off_com_report_lost_commandpost");
CIS_CISCapture("cis_off_com_chatter_goodjob2");
CIS_CISLost("cis_off_com_report_lost_commandpost3");

So, if you're hex editing (beware of "Replace" because of similarity), change all instances of all_off_com_report_lost_commandpost to cis_off_com_report_lost_commandpost, and then all_off_com_report_lost_commandpost3 to cis_off_com_chatter_goodjob2, and so on.  If you have two cross era maps, this could wreak havoc, but you'll have to play with it.  If you have the source, just use zero edit and change those fields in the individual CPs

*may be different for different maps.  I had Hoth handy, so look at other source maps too.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

nope after trying this they still use the rebel announcer
-- bf1 tcw battles

Did you make sure to change it for all the CPs?  Otherwise, I don't know.

yes changed all of them changed it all in the script copied the cw lvl and added a dc infront in the mission nothing works still using the rebel announcer
-- bf1 tcw battles