Donation Award/ICW3 award

Started by Led, October 19, 2013, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK, any of you creative types want to come up with a donation award?

The large size is a PNG file that is 300 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall, and the small size is 30 x 24.

:xmastim:

We also need an ICW3 award and an ICW3 participation award.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 19, 2013, 12:35:12 PM #1 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:36:52 PM by Ten Numb
I liked Gold man's awards he made last ICW. Of course I would have preferred the clans name in the middle too :D

Quote from: Ten Numb on October 19, 2013, 12:35:12 PM
I liked Gold man's awards he made last ICW. Of course I would have preferred the clans name in the middle too :D

I still have those awesome awards on my iPad, however the transfer to the smaller size resolution is quite awful. I would love to have them used, but they just don't look good small sized. Shazam tried to shrink them actually using GIMP, but to no avail.

Regardless, I might try to work up some award material this week. I already showed those two photos in the Art Gallery topic, so my creative juices are flowing oncemore. :)

try Paint.net thats what i use whenever i need to alter something size-wise when im skinning ( i made a awesome skin of myself where i used Paint.net to have a phase 2 clone to have a phase 1 visor
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

October 19, 2013, 06:18:51 PM #4 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:13:29 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Heres my go;
edit: If the fade out cut off needs to be fixed, I have saved a .MIC (In photo shop and Microsoft Image, it will let you use pieces and move them around kind of like layers), so I can (or anyone else that has the programs) fix that if needed.

--
I think its a total fail, but heres the ICW3 participant I attempted to do.

Thanks for the awards.  I will work on putting them up.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 19, 2013, 06:18:51 PM
Heres my go;
edit: If the fade out cut off needs to be fixed, I have saved a .MIC (In photo shop and Microsoft Image, it will let you use pieces and move them around kind of like layers), so I can (or anyone else that has the programs) fix that if needed.

--
I think its a total fail, but heres the ICW3 participant I attempted to do.

Not bad RC, not bad. The ICW3 award I admit could use a brighter font so it's clearer to read, but the donations one looks awesome! :D

I tried out like.. 50 different fonts I've used before, but none of them matched, except for 8th Cargo :P

Anywho, heres the fixed ICWIII if you want/need/like them. If not, thats cool with me. I think they still look a little dark

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 25, 2013, 09:02:57 AM
I tried out like.. 50 different fonts I've used before, but none of them matched, except for 8th Cargo :P

Anywho, heres the fixed ICWIII if you want/need/like them. If not, thats cool with me. I think they still look a little dark

Yeah, I can see what you mean about the 8th Cargo, though I have over 70 custom fonts in Phonto, if you want I could send you some of them and you can try them out. :P

As for the darkness, perhaps try a light gray or white maybe for the font. Some bright and noticeable colouring at least. :P

How about a slightly different backgound color for the winner, to make them stand apart when they are small on a post profile--

Could we decide which award we get? Are Goldman and RC both making attempts at it?

Also why not add the 212 name, like on the ICW2 Award:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 25, 2013, 09:43:01 AM
Yeah, I can see what you mean about the 8th Cargo, though I have over 70 custom fonts in Phonto, if you want I could send you some of them and you can try them out. :P
That would be wonderful!
Quote from: Buckler on October 25, 2013, 10:49:46 AM
How about a slightly different backgound color for the winner, to make them stand apart when they are small on a post profile--
I was thinking the same thing, it would be hard to tell the difference other wise.
Quote from: Ten Numb on October 25, 2013, 11:11:36 AM
Are Goldman and RC both making attempts at it?
I certainly hope so :P I'm not a professional, after all.
--
As for putting the name on the winner's one, that would be up to that clan if they want it on there, I think..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on October 25, 2013, 01:10:14 PM
That would be wonderful!I was thinking the same thing, it would be hard to tell the difference other wise.I certainly hope so :P I'm not a professional, after all.
--
As for putting the name on the winner's one, that would be up to that clan if they want it on there, I think..
that would be preferred.

October 25, 2013, 01:44:39 PM #14 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:46:58 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Okay.
I'll do that tonight when GM sends me those fonts.
I accidentally applied the wrong effect, but check this out;

Kind of gives it a spherical look..