The "Strange things" Thread

Started by Snake, April 26, 2012, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
NoCombatInterrupt      = "1", mean this vehicle never stop for shoot somebody, and just transport infantry to CPs.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

There is no issue with discussing radar in a downloadable mod.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ah, very cool, and very useful. I also found this:

ChunkPhysics            = "FULL"

In chunks and I was thinking that maybe this could be adapted to make things obey physics? Apparently SWBF has physics but the trick is to get it on a regular object..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

ReserveOneForPlayer = ("0" or "1") in vehicle odfs speaks for itself i guess...the ai will reserve one vehicle with the value set to "1" just for you to use.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

July 13, 2012, 12:08:07 AM #19 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:18:47 AM by Phobos
Shotgun
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_scatter"
I found this in the shotgun odf. I can't find a texture named hud_weap_scatter.tga in any of the LVL builders so I assume ModeTexture might be something controlled by the EXE.

Here's a few more:

Rifle
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_fullauto"

Pistol, Sniper, Rocket, and Recon Blaster
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_semiauto"

Bowcaster
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_charge"

Mortar Launcher
ModeTexture     = "HUD_weap_impact"

Time Bombs, Land Mines
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_mine"

Thermal Detonators
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_bounce"

July 13, 2012, 12:28:44 AM #20 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:33:39 AM by Sereja
I think, this textures, are hidden somewhere, inside the game lvl's, and responsible for color of the weapon "bar huds".

I have checked almost all of the game LVLs and cannot find them, or any references in the exe to anything starting with hud_weap_

But it might not actually be a texture even though it implies that it would be, we don't know yet. What is a "bar hud"?

July 13, 2012, 12:38:23 AM #22 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:37:23 AM by Sereja
Usualy it is blue, or green (when charged), or red (when overheated) stripe, in top, left corner of game huds.
-Edit
No. Just check it. I change the odf lines, and even delete them, but have no any effect. :confused: Probably it is just another abandoned idea of the creators.

Found this cool line in a prop .odf: OrdnanceCollision =   "none" it lets all guns shoot through it but you cant walk through it, interesting..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

This is commented out on almost every vehilce I can think of. What does it do, exactly?

HitLocation       = "p_crithit 0"
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Defines a critical hit collision primitive, much like in SWBFII. It probably still works try it.

I just found these lines in the ATTE .odf

//PassengerSlots          = "4"
//PassengerEyePoint       = "hp_passenger"
//EyePointOffset        = "5.0 3.0 -10.0"

Tried removing the dashes but the ATTE crashed upon entering. :/ Is there a way to make this work? I'd think it would make the ATTE a lot more realistic since it is supposed to hold plenty of troops.

http://www.dk.co.uk/static/html/features/starwars/technology_gallery/images/AT-TE%20Cutaway.jpg
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The rep_walk_atte.msh.option:
[spoiler]-bump Rep_walk_sixleg
-keep aimer_Fgun_1 aimer_Fgun_2 aimer_Fgun_3 aimer_Fgun_4 aimer_maincannon_x aimer_maincannon_y aimer_Rgun_1 aimer_Rgun_2 -nocollision -lodgroup bigmodel  -donotmergeskins
[/spoiler]

I'm thinking that "hp_passenger" may need to be added to the "-keep" list.
[spoiler]-bump Rep_walk_sixleg
-keep aimer_Fgun_1 aimer_Fgun_2 aimer_Fgun_3 aimer_Fgun_4 aimer_maincannon_x aimer_maincannon_y aimer_Rgun_1 aimer_Rgun_2 hp_passenger -nocollision -lodgroup bigmodel  -donotmergeskins
[/spoiler]

(I may also be dead wrong about that.)

That makes sense but it still crashes.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 19, 2013, 09:17:00 PM #29 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:19:37 PM by tirpider
I grepped around and there are several msh files with hp_passenger, but all the odf lines that mention it are commented out except for rep_fly_gunship.odf and tat_hover_landspeeder.odf

They refer to hp_passenger with PilotPosition instead of PassengerEyePoint.

Every odf that contains PassengerEyePoint has it commented out.
(imp_walk_atat.odf rep_fly_gunship.odf and rep_walk_atte.odf)