[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 26, 2014, 10:11:55 PM #315 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:09:27 AM by ggctuk2005
I'm looking to get a new computer in the next six months, so I'll look into that when I do: my laptop can't run Mod Tool 7.11.

Hoth CW is about 95% working (for some reason the soundspaces fail upon loading - I haven't tested to see if it is likewise in GCW. It could be that there are SFX that should be loaded there and they're not present in my additional SFX). I'm also testing out a modification of Kashyyyk: Docks (BF2 textures and some turrets replaced). I'm also toying with the idea of including four additional maps in Phase 1. I'll definitely go with Kashyyyk: Wookielands (renamed to Kashyyyk: Treetops), and I'm going to include Naboo: Prototype too (again renamed to Naboo: Outpost) but suggestions for the other two are welcome.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I'd also like to see snail tanks in docks. And *maybe* some vehicles for the Republic/Rebels. I'd also really like to see Kamino with flyers and AA guns, be it an additional map or just modified stock Kamino. As for other maps, my suggestions would be Ginev's Dantooine and/or one or both of Rend's Coruscant maps.

I am surprised I haven't seen this thread once since I joined the site.

This is a very promising project!
Cool deal, ggctuk!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

August 27, 2014, 02:03:36 PM #318 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:32:53 PM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 27, 2014, 10:07:56 AM
I'd also like to see snail tanks in docks. And *maybe* some vehicles for the Republic/Rebels. I'd also really like to see Kamino with flyers and AA guns, be it an additional map or just modified stock Kamino. As for other maps, my suggestions would be Ginev's Dantooine and/or one or both of Rend's Coruscant maps.

I'm not sure about that. It'd be tricky to get that into stock Kamino. And Kashyyyk has given me problems with the snail tanks - the sounds won't play (I had also replaced a few turrets with BF2 turrets - again, sound refuses to play with those).

So far, then, the four additional maps go thus:

-Kashyyyk: Treetops
-Naboo: Outpost
-Coruscant: Streets (I prefer Streets to City)
-???

BTW, the first video, CW Republic gameplay on Hoth, is rendering now. I'll have it up in the morning. I'll also do one for GCW Kamino.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

First gameplay vid:

I know units get stuck in corridors for some reason. I haven't yet figured out why. Also, soundspaces on this map fail. This was done through the 'mission map' method which allows me to override the vehicle spawn points of stock Hoth with new ones. That means absolutely no modification or recompiling or replacing of the original Hoth map: it's dual-loaded with the new spawn points.

I'm aware it looks like the Clone Commander only has three weapons but that's a localization error adding an additional line to the Health/Ammo dispenser.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Looks great! I honestly wasn't expecting the beam cannon for the clone commander.  :tu: Though I think the light/assault rifle should be the assault trooper's primary weapon.

I was hoping to see something inside Echo Base to replace Snowspeeders to find out what others thought.  Now of course, it would be a super pain to wrap up the legs of an ATTE. :P

Great job!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I'll be recording Kamino GCW for Empire next.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Done some more work on this today. The fourth map will be Jabba's Palace. Here's a couple of other minor changes:

-Kashyyyk: Docks has been changed to better-resemble BF2's version. I've even re-ported the turrets and there are two recoilless turrets outside the City Hall CP.
-"Naboo: Outpost" and "Tatooine: Jabba's Palace" are both working. I haven't yet tested "Coruscant: Streets" or "Kashyyyk: Treetops". I may need a bit of help with those: if somebody could run the maps as addon then tell me the CP names and what vehicles are loaded, that'd be great.
-I had some problems with sound but it's working as it should now.
In Progress:

On Hold:

NEWS: The mod will more than likely be out within the next few weeks. If I can't get it out within the next week, it'll have to wait until the end of Septemebr as I'll be away for two weeks.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I can't wait! I've been a longtime fan of your mods and this one sounds like the best! :)

Once Phase I is out, I'll take a month's break from SWBF to gather myself then return to do Phase II. However, as it's much bigger scale than Phase I, I need help with any of the following:

-Getting certain units and weapons converted. I have OBJ models of what I want to use but I cannot convert these to MSH owing to not having a system capable of running XSI. This mainly concerns lightsabers and hero models that can't be made with hex-editing.
-Somebody who is willing to help me out with converting SWBF2's space maps to SWBF1. I have specific ideas in mind for this.
-There are other minor bits and bobs that don't immediately spring to mind, but when they do I'll be sure to let you guys know.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Going through final testing right now. Hope to have it up within the next week, before I go away on Saturday.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I can try helping you with converting bf2 space maps to bf1. Which maps in particular?