[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Actually, the mygeeto is original: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Mygetoo;99178

And yes, Harrun Kal is in Tean's secret assets.

As for Kashyyyk, i'd be ok with either map.

Good news. Phase 1 is almost ready for beta.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

August 02, 2014, 01:56:34 PM #288 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:35:28 PM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: MileHighGuy on August 02, 2014, 01:53:11 PM
why can you only work with obj?

Because XSI does not work on my computer and the only model programs I have that do are Blender and Metasequoia. While Blender can do vmrl, I find Metasequoia easier to use (having learned to use it for making objects in Tomb Raider custom levels) but the drawback is that it only has a limited number of import/export options. It's the only way I can add skirts and lightsabers to the units.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

August 06, 2014, 12:37:09 AM #289 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:24:21 AM by ggctuk2005
EDIT: Changed mind on Phase I. I will release it. Testing has already begun on it.

Here's a few things that have changed:

*Commander units have recon droids. These recon droids are basically 'suicide droids' in that they only have Autodestruct (no orbital strike beacons). Each faction has a different droid: Republic keeps the stock recon droid, CIS has a Sith version (ALA Darth Maul's Sith Probe Droids), Empire have the Viper and the Alliance has an R2 unit. ATM, though, neither the Republic's Recon Droid nor the Empire's is working as I intended it to.
*The droideka. Well, somebody requested I actually mod this. There is, honestly, not a huge amount you can actually do with it. Having said that, I've changed its blaster to be slower, and now it has a unique blaster texture - it actually fires two lasers (through a custom laser texture) from each blaster. It actually looks pretty cool.
*The Clone Commander's chaingun has ammo. It does run out. One clip ATM is 200 shots but I'll be changing it to 400.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm thinking of a late change to the Imperial officer's primary weapon, though. He currently is armed with a mortar launcher and an Orbital Strike beacon. Not very good for defense. So I'll think of something for the primary weapon of the Imperial officer: either a Tri-shot pistol or a beam cannon (similar to what the Rep Commander has). I've also decided to give the good guys' recon droids orbital strike beacons to even things out a bit better.

I've noticed that in MPM, the Republic was way more powerful with the Clone Commander holding a chaingun. Here, the balance between Republic and CIS seems better.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 08, 2014, 10:17:42 PM #295 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:18:26 AM by ggctuk2005
Yeah, it would be. I'm going with the tri- shot.

Other changes:

-The STAP is now a flier class to better reflect the version seen in older games and in TPM. Haven't yet decided whether to make it fly like a standard craft or like the LAAT (which is basically a flying hover class). ATM it's a standard flier.
-The mounted turret acts more like the BF2 version.
-Got the Imperial Probe Droid working (I'm using the version from Sereja's Nar Shaddaa assets).
-Dependant on map, the CIS will have the original STAP and AAT or the TCW versions, and the Rebels will have either the BF1 combat speeder or the BF2 version.
-4 Spacemaps will appear in version 3 (Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Hoth and Yavin)

I aim to have some screens and gameplay vids up within a couple of days. Screens definitely today.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 09, 2014, 11:57:54 AM #298 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:02:01 PM by Commander Awesome
EDIT: Never mind. Ignore this post.

Was hoping to have some screens up this evening but my damn laptop is overheating... I've been working it hard today with this mod. Figures  ::) But it's given me a bit of 'tweak time' - I'm in the process of making a couple more changes to the Spec-Ops units (Droideka, Jet Trooper, Jump Trooper, Wookie). The Wookie does need a new skin, though: I'd love to have the BF2 wookie with the dreads intact.
In Progress:

On Hold: